Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View The search for flash bangs!
7 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2008 - 3:10AM #11
Whisperingal
Dennis--what do you have against beauty?

WGal

What the heck is Mysticism for you anyway?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2008 - 9:01AM #12
Flowupstream
IMO; Beauty is an emanation, not a destination. Beauty IS a wonderfull thing. But it is not a source of things.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2008 - 12:13PM #13
wonderment

Bearsky wrote:

. . . In the end what's been most worthwhile to me is what I've learned pealing my own onion, trusting my own inner voices, walking on my own 2 feet, and letting the rest fall where it may , or where it wants/needs to. Dennis

"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." - T. S. Eliot

Searching for what has always been in plain view, what has never been lost at all, is in my opinion the strangest part of this life's journey. The seeker feels that something is missing and is compelled to question and find out what it is. That journey, that struggle, that quest, is so different for every one of us. It takes us where it takes us. And it takes us through all the different peak experiences and holy shits that it does. If we didn’t go through them I wonder if we could ever reach the point of realizing that we never had to.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2008 - 4:36PM #14
Nico1089
hi--Beauty is a touchstone for truth, whether in scientific theory or in art. When we are seeking a solution to a problem, often a beautiful idea will take hold and guide us in the right direction.--nicolo
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 2:41AM #15
Mt_man
I can relate Bearsky.  I feel I've been there and done that as well, regarding being "christed."  But only for one week.  8 years ago.  And I am a novice at mysticism, and just starting out in Religious Science as well.

I realize that makes no sense -- being a novice yet being there and done that with the religious experience.  This is because mine came during a "mental breakdown."  Out of the blue.  Unintended.  Largely due to stress.  But also having bipolar disorder genes and not knowing it (I did experience a tad of depression before this happened but I had no idea what mania was.)

If I could do it again without the consequences of the months of ensuing depression (what goes up must come down it would seem with bipolar disorder,) and damaged brain cells I would.  Probably during a vacation from my job.  Kind of like a vision quest experience -- my coworkers would think I was on drugs, while it would just be full blown mania (which is 100 times better than any drug.  I havn't tried too many drugs, but the ones I've tried pale in comparison to full blown mania, which is of course the opposite of full blown depression.)  I think I was hammered by the Holy Spirit, I had phone calls coming in from God only knows where, ringing only 3 times.  And telepathic communication from Heaven I guess.  (souls or beings concerned with something -- warning me -- which I think was regarding 9/11.)  And no, I don't believe in UFO abductions.  : )

I got some insights.  Like the hall of mirrors insight, where we are mirrors and we have God's image inside us by mirroring God who is in the center of the hall of mirrors, and with all the images in the hall of mirrors being a unified One (which is what religious science teaches as Science of Mind I believe -- I am just starting the Foundations course currently.)  This insight and the other one.  Which all are said already, nothing new.  Sure I probably could heal with my hands and create some works of art if I bothered to also get the training that is.  (At one point during that week I had a symphony composing in my mind which was the sound track to a play I was writing at the same time the symphony was playing.  I played trumpet 4 years in my youth, and I had one two weekend seminar screen writing seminar.  So I'm not exactly trained in either of those two arts.)

Anyhow, most people don't believe there is any shortcut to this sort of experience via mental breakdown, yet I have experienced it so I know there is. 

Been there, done that, don't want to do it again as the price is too high to pay for Mr Toad's Wild Ride.  I am shooting for a crop dusting level of enlightenment / transformation now, as compared to my weeklong rocket launch, grounded in day to day reality.

If Jesus was able to maintain that level of mental activity the entire time, he can fly rockets a lot better than I can.  As I have already mentioned, it was only that one week for me.  I've been a regular guy ever since.  Fortunately healing up from the breakdown quite well.  At first, I could only work two hours a day as that is the amount of stress I could handle.  My memory is worse, and I experience some bunny hill moods now and then, but I think I keep healing more and more, in part thanks to a new anti depressant.  And I think mysticism will help as well.

Now the psychiatrists will just write my weeklong experience as delusional grandiosity.  But where did the insights and prophesizing come from then?  (I think I prophesied 9/11 more than a year before it happened, but in such an abstract way no one including myself could have put the pieces together to figure it out.)

I got kicked off a christian gnostic forum on another web site for mentioning the possibility of one interpretation of "then you will become disturbed" (or something to that effect) to mean mental illness.  I mentioned I didn't think it was the correct meaning but was possible since it is a definition of disturbed.  I don't think Jesus was manic, but it's possible he was.  At least the folks here are open minded enough to not kick me out for mentioning the possibility.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2008 - 1:55AM #16
nnn123
it is good to be level headed and grounded

it is also good to seek the stars

by merely seeking to be level headed, you don't necessarily attain it....because being level headed also means being detached.

and you can't be detached from the world and its doings, unless you are seeking something else.

God is not a myth.  God is the reality and really the only reality.  That we personally can often not see this or attain it, does not mean we should not seek it.

If we seek the "big flash bang" experience, we may not get a vision of God, but we will certainly get higher experiences than if we just seek "some daily calm"

meditation upon God produces all sorts of changes in us, even if we are not entirely conscious of them

and seeking the Infinite Unknowable does not come easy.  We should not give up in the attempt just because it is hard and undefined.  We must keep walking on that path with hope and faith.

And with balance and groundedness too...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2008 - 1:36AM #17
pilahawaiian
It's not really that hard wit the right teacher. For some 14 days. for others 30 or so days.

Jesus is a great teacher if you know what to look for.

This year 130 are looking at god's Holy Image, Hearing his Holy Voice, and Walking in his Kingdom, and how many years have you been looking. And it's right in front of you all alone.

With some teacher it could take a life time, if you don't die first. The dead don't get life. Only the sons of God get that.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook