Page 2 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Kundalini killing me?
6 years ago  ::  Aug 14, 2008 - 5:12PM #11
spiritalk
If it doesn't work for you, you change the method of meditation.  Instead of a concentration on each chakra - you could focus on seeing a flow throughout the body.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 16, 2008 - 1:34AM #12
manig
I guess I have no choice but to seek a living master.  I spoke to my cousin and he advised me to join this group:

http://xrl.us/onrmr

I will be participating in the first level program 'Dhyan Samadhi' in Madhopur (not far from where I live) next month.

http://xrl.us/onrm7

Hope it will be good.

Thank you all for your kind support and guidance.

http://balbro.com/heart
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2008 - 10:28AM #13
CommieJesus
I am not sure that this is the case but all yoga (including) kundalini is dangerous as we manipulate and force our centers to be open, sometimes prematurely. The best thing to do is to wait and let the chakra centers open by themselves by practicing other forms of paths NOT kundalini. You did not say the path/techniques you practice hence this is only my speculative assessment and a hunch.
The other (more optimistic) possibility is that the discomfort you are feeling is your third eye(minds eye) opening - all centers, when open can be felt and can cause discomfort and pain.
Good luck.
[QUOTE=manig;676557]A few seconds after I sit for meditation the Kundalini starts rising.  And when my body and mind are calm enough it starts collecting breath in my lungs and forces it towards my forehead.  The force is immense.  Its as if the Kundalini is forcing the air to push open the lid off my head...

I started meditation two years ago when I had this strange dream.  In the dream I saw myself asleep.  I thought how its possible to see myself asleep?  I must be dreaming.  And just when I realized this, my hearing turned inwards and I heard a loud 'OM' inside me.   At the same time my eyes moved upwards between my eyebrows and the vision turned inwards too.  I felt as if I was dying.  A fireball (like sun) was glowing inside the head between my eyebrows.  And I woke up with fear of death.

It seems the Kundalini is trying to redo the same thing when I meditate.  Its been two years and nothing has happened except I become exhausted.

A strange energy flows inside me all the time and makes mudras/gestures with my hands beyond my understanding.

Any guidance/help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Mani[/QUOTE]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2008 - 4:13PM #14
dsjconnection
I am recovering from a knee injury and decided to begin practicing Kundalini yoga.  My physical fitness level is very poor as I have gained weight and had some muscular atrophy during the six+ months of recovery.  A friend who has practiced yoga (unsure of what type) for nearly 20 years said that she had a negative experience with it in the past.  She mentioned that I should be careful and look for any strange symptoms.  I have noticed that since beginning I have become much more awar of the flow of energy in the course of my interactions.  I've become much more sensative to what reactions (attachments and aversions) I create and how those reactions affect my energy.  I have taken the practice very slowly as I work with only a dvd and do not have an instructor to help guide me (although I must add that the instructor is very intuitive and wise in her approach--Gurmurkh in case you wonder).  Are there any precautions I should take or any activities I should incorporate into my regular meditation practice?  Do you know of any visualizations or prayers that I can use regularly to help me grow into this whole practice?

Thank you to whomever may respond.

Danielle
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2008 - 8:56PM #15
Maya3
Hi Danielle,
I have only taken one Kundalini hatha yoga class and from what I could tell it was only very intense physcially, we heated up the muscles in the body a lot by repetition.

Is this the type of kundalini yoga you are practicing?

Or is it one where you focus a lot on the chakras and chant?
Trying to feel the energy in your chakras?

I have not heard anything negative about Gurumukh, she is well known in yoga circles.

Good luck with your recovery!

Maya
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2008 - 10:52PM #16
dsjconnection
Hello Maya,
Thank you for your reply.  The session I am using involves both mantras, energy work, breath work (deep breathing, held breath, short breaths, etc.) and physical repetitions.  I agree with you about the physical intensity.  What appears from observation to be a simple move, quickly becomes challenging with practice.  She encourages keeping the eyes closed throughout the exercises, and I really appreciate the expanse in energy that occurs with this practice.  I would describe the whole experience as invigorating, expanding, healing, and challenging.  I enjoy that I am able to incorporate my spiritual ideals in my exercise and my the insights from my exercise into my spiritual practice.  I also follow Wai Lana.  She uses some kundalini practice (chants, bandalas, and the asanas) in her exercises as well, only her approach is very slow and calm.  That does not make her any less challenging, though.  Some of her asanas I will have to wait to even attempt.  I'm only recently learning that there are so many branches of yoga. Do you know of any good websites that discuss the various schools of yoga?  What is your history with yoga?

Danielle
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2008 - 7:45AM #17
Maya3
Danielle,
Thanks for your information. I saw on your profile that you are Buddhist, so I take it that you are already used to meditation?
If you are I think that you can continue your pracitce, but as your friend said take it really slow and be aware. Especially take it very slow with the chanting and breathing so that you don't force the kundalini before you are ready for it.
If you notice anything strange and unfamiliar stop chanting but keep meditating without forcing anything.

I don't think you need to worry too much about the physical part of the postures or the repetitions.
Notice if things happen inside your body near your spine, front or back.
Kundalini is very real, it sounds so esoteric and I thought it was one of these methaporical teachings before I noticed it in myself.
If you let the kundalini rise slowly (I'm talking months and years,  probably life times) it is fine, it is forcing it that can be dangerous.

I practice Integral Yoga mostly and I belong to an Ashram that has several different teachers from different traditions

Yoga Journal has a website, they probably have something about the different types of Hatha yoga.

http://www.yogajournal.com/

It's nice to talk to you, let me know how everything goes!

Maya
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2008 - 6:28PM #18
dsjconnection
Thank you so very much for the information.  This is precisely what I was looking to find out.  I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Blessings,
Danielle
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2008 - 7:07PM #19
Maya3
Anytime! :)

Maya
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 06, 2008 - 5:13AM #20
manig
I uploaded few self recorded videos for martialartsplanet.com earlier this year:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 1923&hl=en
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 8506&hl=en
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 2669&hl=en

I did not know what I was doing so I sought some help from marshall art guys.  But they mocked me off saying I was mad.

I thought maybe I was possessed but after being checked up by a Hindu exorcist, a good Muslim exorcist and a senior Buddhist monk (in Dharamshala) I was assured I was not possessed at all.

So I still don't know what those moves relate to in the videos.  I guess its just Kundalini or some other energy.

For meditation, I don't follow any path/techniques... I just sit and watch my breath for a while... feeling united with the universe.  And then the rising begins...

I did say I get exhausted after I am finished but its actually the opposite... I become fully charged and sometimes do those moves as you see in the video... perhaps its done to release the excessive energy gathered during meditation.

I have stopped doing meditation now.  Because I am curious to see my new master in Madhopur later this month.  Till then I will try to hack my PSP slim and get done with my business trip of England.

If anyone in this forum lives in England and would like to meet me (just for some spiritual discussion and a cup of coffee), please let me know.  I am in England from 14th to 26th September.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook