7 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2008 - 1:18AM #1
Frekis
I hear a lot of people complain about how they can never remember their dreams, yet I find I have trouble forgetting my dreams or the feeling they invoke. When I sleep at night, I always have very vivid and realistic dreams, to the point that sometime I don't even realize I'm dreaming. The dreams feel so real because for the most part I'm controlling what's going on, what I'm doing just as I would in the real world yet to a larger extent. If something about the dream upsets me, I change it, for the most part. Which is good in all, but with such realistic dreams the emotions can be overpowering. I once had a dream where I fell deeply in love with someone. It was like finding my soulmate. When I woke up to realized it was just a dream, I actually cried. For the rest of the day I was so depressed!! I've also had a dream where someone close to me has been murder right in front of me. I can still remember it in all it's gruesome, gory detail. When I woke I was so relieved, yet just seeing that persons face brought back all the horror and pain. It almost hurt just to look at them and remember. Not all of my "real" dream are about bad things, they're just the ones the have the biggest affect on me. And not all my dreams have strong emotional affects on me, but I find that the
ones that do are the hardest to forget. Often, when I let my mind wonder, I find it will drag up dreams that I had months ago, yet it seems I had them just the night before.

I wrote this in the hope that there were others out there who could relate with and help me understand this more. Why my dreams can have such a large impact on my day to day life. So, if anyone out the has had similar experiences, I'd love to hear from you!! :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2008 - 6:01AM #2
dreamhealth
Sometimes, my dreaming is like this. I think that it is attributable to living (in sleep) to out dissociated world, kind of apart from our body and personality--as, "he's in another world". That gets played out and rather strongly. The whole thrust is healing which is integration. Integration occurs when you think about it the next day.

Do you have a white wolf photo because of the dreams, or did the photo come first? I'm asking if you feed yourself the idea of the wolf, or did it come from the dreamlife, unasked.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2008 - 6:06AM #3
dreamhealth
I once had a dream where I fell deeply in love with someone. It was like finding my soulmate. When I woke up to realized it was just a dream, I actually cried. For the rest of the day I was so depressed!! I've also had a dream where someone close to me has been murder right in front of me. I can still remember it in all it's gruesome, gory detail. When I woke I was so relieved, yet just seeing that persons face brought back all the horror and pain. It almost hurt just to look at them and remember.

In both cases, you were dreaming about yourself, the possibilty of loving yourself and the possibility of sheer self-rejection.

Look at dreams as door to self knowledge.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2008 - 6:13AM #4
dreamhealth
first post: out=our
second post dream=dreams

Problems with my computer; not all the devices are working.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2008 - 9:52AM #5
mom2-4Angels
I've had some major dreams that are so realistic it's scary.  I once had a dream so intense that I was crying that mother's mournful cry when she loses a child, because in my dream, nightmare more like it. I was walking with my youngest daughter, we had separated and I couldn't find her. I ended up finding her at the bottom of a pool and she was dead...my husband had to wake me from it. When he did I rushed into my daughter's bedroom to find her fast asleep. I went over to her and put my hand on her chest to make sure she was breathing.

also yesterday afternoon I had taken a little nap on the couch, all my kids where in the lviing room watching t.v., and I was snoozing on the couch. I had this intense vivid dream that we were all in the living room, but I had an entertainment center, suddenly I saw the entertainment fall on my oldest daughter but my youngest was standing next to her and she got pushed into a table. I ran over to her and on her kneck there was a cut and it started to open up with dark red blood. I ran to the bathroom to get a towel while screaming to my daughter to call 911. I ran back into the living room but didn't see my youngest so asked where she was in a panic stake and my oldest said.."she's in there"..pointing to her bedroom I went in and saw my youngest laying on the bed crying and saying.."it hurts" over and over.  I woke myself up and was pancied, but saw that all my kids where still in the living room watching t.v.

I don't remember my dreams since turning 40, but sometimes I do and would rather not, because the ones I do remember being vivid are not good ones.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2008 - 1:48PM #6
Frekis
I've been having the wolf dream for a number of years now, so the other day when I joined this site it just seemed like the most appropriate icon for me. I think the dream first started when I was in sixth grade and now I'm graduated from high school, so its been a while.

With my vivid dreams it can cause so problems because sometimes in them I make up facts or conversations and then when I wake up I have trouble discerning truth from dream. I once spent 10 mins. trying to convince my brother that we had had a long conversation about an up coming surgery I had to have. I told he that he'd said this an that, like if you blah blah blah you die or if you blah you die, and so on. And the whole time he kept saying he didn't remember and that it never happened. I was getting so mad at him because I could remember it so clearly, so why couldn't he. The more I told him about it and what he had said, the more I realized that it was just one of my dreams. I also have to double check my facts sometimes because there have been times that I say something from one of my dreams that I thought was an actual fact. It's like my brain has trouble discern dream world from the real world.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2008 - 6:22PM #7
dreamhealth
Bless you for getting up early to teach school!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2008 - 6:22PM #8
dreamhealth
Bless you for getting up early to teach school!
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook