Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View In Search of Stones
10 years ago  ::  Dec 26, 2007 - 9:37AM #1
dreamhealth
I read In Search of Stones once in a while as both leisure/travel and spiritual path reflections. The book is by Scott Peck, M.D. He is a great writer.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 26, 2007 - 9:44AM #2
dreamhealth
BTW, this book found me. I was walking through a used bookstore here which was called The Wooden Spoon, a great place to browse--it's been gone for several years now, I'm afraid. This book, with its yellow jacket, was sticking out the side of a stack, or at least it stuck out to me.

While traveling a few days with my sister, I left the book in the trunk because I was too lazy to get it at bedtime. I looked at the head of my bed, and there were Reader's Digest abridged books there. Anoterh favorite was discovered "Come Ye Back to Ireland".  I cannot describe how good that one is. Nials Williams is the author, and he makes it clear that his wife is co-author. However, he quotes from her journal, which helps, but without his skill in selecting pieces for just the right places, it wouldn't help. She is no where near the engaging writer that he is.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2008 - 5:16AM #3
jesusbelief
i heard of one stone called "paras" in divine mythology.it turns all iron to gold.and more so in divine hands it turns all iron heart to golden heart.

para+s:=para+ables.the higher truth.all parables of jesus lead one to higher truth
in all forms.if not the first chapter of koran.
good luck
JB.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook