Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View How to stop the nightmares
7 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2007 - 11:30AM #11
lrs528
Hi there.

I have the same problem and found a website that address this. Lucidity.com has several links to articles that I found useful. It basically suggests the same method some have mentioned already which is to realize you are in a dream and can control your actions while dreaming.

I hope you'll check it out. Good Luck.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2007 - 4:21PM #12
mamamiesu
Dear Oceangirl11,
If the dream is waking you, try keeping a dream journal at your bedside. when you wake, write down the dream in as much detail as you can remeber, even if it is painful. There are messages and you will find the answers during the waking hours.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2008 - 10:45PM #13
sharon_bivens
Sometimes I think we relive the experience searching for what went wrong, how we could have changed things,
because somewhere in our subconscious minds we believed (at the time) that it was our fault, that we could
have tried harder,  that we gave up too easily on the relationship. 

When in reality, aren't you relieved when you wake up and realize that part of your life is over and you survived?

Dealing with these emotions, and accepting you made the right choice and proclaiming your rariety, and
acknowleding you do deserve to be happy and live peacefully, will lessen this monster in your dreams.  Also, realize he was just a mortal man, a small man........with his own demons to haunt his dreams.

Peaceful dreams.

Sam
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2008 - 2:24AM #14
Pochahantus
[QUOTE=Oceangirl11;133126]Is there anyway to guide yourself into positive dreams...instead of nightmares regarding past abusive situations? I don't feel any healing in these dreams and am dsperately searching for that...any thougths appreciated..thank you[/QUOTE]
Hope you dont mind but I felt compelled to respond to your post here.

First of all the healing process for any tramatic happening takes both time and endurance on all parties involved, particularly the one who is most affected by what has happened.

But with patience, couseling,support and prayer you eventually come over this and go on with your life.

Try talking to the leader of your church if you go, if not talk with a family member or close friend about what has happened. You basically need to start the healing process and in order to do that you have to first talk about it and how it has affected you. you then in a controlled way of course sometimes can confront the one who caused this trama or pain.

Eventually the nightmares will end and it will all be a distant memory of yours. you will never forget it and its affects will remain with you but thru the healing process you will learn to cope with it and understand it and then the nightmares will stop for you. Also pray it does help..

I wish you luck my prayers go out to you..
God Bless
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2008 - 3:24PM #15
Oceangirl11
Hi everyone and thanks to all of you who have posted. Well I am going through counseling right now and last week had my first dream that was not a nightmare. I have been praying on it. Thanks all, sincerely Marty
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2008 - 3:24PM #16
Oceangirl11
Hi everyone and thanks to all of you who have posted. Well I am going through counseling right now and last week had my first dream that was not a nightmare. I have been praying on it. Thanks all, sincerely Marty
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2009 - 1:32PM #17
Shamanmystic
try this link http://www.lucidity.com/EWLD10.html for overcoming nightmares...
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2009 - 1:46PM #18
Greenrites
Oceangirl111, I hope the state of your dreams is improving. Nightmares are a real bother. I've had them my whole life, and I also have PTSD. The truth about nightmares is that they do have the power to cause harm. Both physicaly and psycologically. If they hadn't caused you some harm I doubt you would have posted in the first place.
If you don't get good sleep, all sorts of medical problems will start to manifest in your body. I won't even mention  psycochlogical effects of sleep disorders as they are too numerous to list. Besides I'm no doctor. Just someone who's been where you are right now.
Good advice has been offerred already; especially facing your nightmares. This is the only way I've ever changed a nightmare. But there is something very important you must be willing to do in facing these apparitions. And that is offer them peace. This is your creation. You cannot unmake anything. What you can do is give this creation another cause to exist. Greet him in an attitude of peace. Radiate love towards him, focus on the real qualities you loved so much about your ex.  You must wish him well in this life and the hereafter. Create if you want, a better place for him to be.
You might be thinking, "yeah but". Trust me I've been there. But forgiveness is much more valuable than revenge could ever hope to be.  Place love in your heart where there is fear. And send this loving child of God on into another dimension where he can be at peace!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2009 - 1:52PM #19
Chiyo
One thing that I didn't see mentioned in this thread, that I really think should be mentioned;

Anti-depressants, narcotics and antibiotics can cause nightmares. So can some types of foods, especially if eaten in the evening before bedtime. So, sometimes the cause of a dream is not mental (subconscious) or spiritual,  but physical.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook