Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Almost always dream of water
6 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2007 - 10:35PM #11
dreamie1966
[QUOTE=Sapphiren;151672]Thanks to everyone for taking the time to read and reply back. In the past week I haven't had any water dreams, they've instead been replaced by pregnancy dreams, this is probably because someone I know had an abortion and it's made me think a lot about the moral issue of abortion. But I hope the water dreams return soon. It really does feel like something special is absent.

I'm uncertain about past lives (whether they exist or not) but I do think that somehow, we hold memories that are not ours. Aside from these water dreams, there are many surroundings I know of in life that I feel familiarity with, even though I have had no personal experience of these surroundings (a different feeling to deja vu, deja vu is fleeting). Hopefully some of you will understand what I mean :)[/QUOTE]

past life memories hunny:)  feels like you've been there, looking at someone and thinking don't i know you?  All the signs.  Read up on it darlin,  I'm  sure you'll be amazed at what you find.
Luv Dreamie
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 10:52AM #12
spiritalk
[QUOTE=Sapphiren;123516]In about 90% of my dreams, I dream of water, in similar forms and scenarios. Some of the time I'm on some sort of boat, cruising across a sea with all different kinds of animals appearing as I go along (such whale sharks, marlins and octopi) but most of the time I'm in the water myself. When I'm in the water myself, I'm usually diving to the sea floor and searching for something (some sort of sea treasure, I suppose) amongst the rocks, or searching for some kind of sea creature. There's also usually some beautiful geographical feature such as a massive orangey canyon beside the water. In a lot the water dreams I'm exploring caves with light shafting through the tops and illuminating the stalagtites (or stalagmites, which is the one that hangs down?)

I'm just interested in why water is such a common occurence in my dreams. I don't live anywhere near the coast and I rarely go swimming except in the summer when I go for a two week holiday to Majorca (island in the Mediterranean)

P.S. Usually the water dreams are positive dreams, full of excitement and anticipation.[/QUOTE]

All symbols in dreams represent ourselves in some way or another.  Dreams are a large portion our own unresolved emotions from our conscious state.  Water, representing spirituality, is putting those emotions in a spiritual way, to help resolve your issues from that standpoint.

Sometimes you feel the vehicle (yourself) is strong - like the boat.  While others you feel the fantasy of being a part of the environment.  This is spirituality lessons coming to you for use in emotional states. 

Colors are important in dreams and orange is a very enlivening and energetic colour.  There are places and spaces prepared to handle the highest of your emotional states and you can leave them underwater for resolution. 

As we have only this one soul to deal with - the consciousness involved is in the current life.  Dreams are accessing the unconscious of this one life and can offer some interesting scenes to consider.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 10:52AM #13
spiritalk
[QUOTE=Sapphiren;123516]In about 90% of my dreams, I dream of water, in similar forms and scenarios. Some of the time I'm on some sort of boat, cruising across a sea with all different kinds of animals appearing as I go along (such whale sharks, marlins and octopi) but most of the time I'm in the water myself. When I'm in the water myself, I'm usually diving to the sea floor and searching for something (some sort of sea treasure, I suppose) amongst the rocks, or searching for some kind of sea creature. There's also usually some beautiful geographical feature such as a massive orangey canyon beside the water. In a lot the water dreams I'm exploring caves with light shafting through the tops and illuminating the stalagtites (or stalagmites, which is the one that hangs down?)

I'm just interested in why water is such a common occurence in my dreams. I don't live anywhere near the coast and I rarely go swimming except in the summer when I go for a two week holiday to Majorca (island in the Mediterranean)

P.S. Usually the water dreams are positive dreams, full of excitement and anticipation.[/QUOTE]

All symbols in dreams represent ourselves in some way or another.  Dreams are a large portion our own unresolved emotions from our conscious state.  Water, representing spirituality, is putting those emotions in a spiritual way, to help resolve your issues from that standpoint.

Sometimes you feel the vehicle (yourself) is strong - like the boat.  While others you feel the fantasy of being a part of the environment.  This is spirituality lessons coming to you for use in emotional states. 

Colors are important in dreams and orange is a very enlivening and energetic colour.  There are places and spaces prepared to handle the highest of your emotional states and you can leave them underwater for resolution. 

As we have only this one soul to deal with - the consciousness involved is in the current life.  Dreams are accessing the unconscious of this one life and can offer some interesting scenes to consider.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 7:00PM #14
Sapphiren
Dreamie, I'm Christian (well, vaguely...) so I don't believe in past lives. But I do believe in enduring memories.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 7:11PM #15
dreamie1966
I do not mean to press my views.
Sincerely,
Dreamie
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 7:35PM #16
Sapphiren
No, don't worry, I'm not a religious zealot who takes offence at the slightest thing xD
I see my beliefs as...fluid. The one thing I am certain and I will always be certain of is that God exists. But I like to think that I will be open minded to many things for a very long time.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 8:47PM #17
ElCid22
[QUOTE=dreamie1966;154195]I do not mean to press my views.
Sincerely,
Dreamie[/QUOTE]

I was getting concerned about that. I could feel you. I couldn't see you yet, but I could feel you. You were close.....real close.

-- Cpt. Willard, "Apocalypse Now"
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 21, 2007 - 5:06AM #18
dreamhealth
Interesting discussion, to say the least. I'm glad that Bnet is back. This is the way it used to be.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 4:07PM #19
Sapphiren
Hi again guys.

Had a...sort of water dream last night. It was very strange, and unsettling.

I was in laboratory filled with shiny metal surfaces and cold blue light and on the shelves were lines of jars full of preserved marine animals. I distinctly remember seeing a puffer fish in one of them; I can't remember what else I saw, only that they were marine animals.

In the centre of the laboratory was a tank of water containing a live humpback whale thrashing its tail. All in all, it was a pretty negative dream. Any possible hidden messages in it?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2007 - 12:33AM #20
dreamhealth
The dream has and is its own language. One thing that is clear is the repetition. Another feature is the theme is restricted animals which are somewhat out of their element. You get very clear shots of the theme. It's a psychological dream with spiritual features. Maybe you can contemplate restricted animals for dreamwork to get in touch with the dream's energy.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook