Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Which Spiritual category do I fall on?
6 years ago  ::  Dec 17, 2007 - 10:59AM #21
DaoDuck
p.s. The "Spiritual Category" might be New Thought, the Perennial Philosophy that is both ancient and modern: "On Earth (In our life) as it is in Heaven (In our heart and mind)." [i.e., The Law of Attraction]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 17, 2007 - 11:43PM #22
TigersEyeDowsing
DaoDuck,

Thanks for your great posts.  Needless to say, as a Divine Scientist and Unitic, I agree.  :)

Love and Light,

Joseph
Churchianity, by substituting creed for Christ and dogma instead of the divine facts of being, has stripped Love of her royal robes and has left her standing an unheeded beggar in the universe of God. - Rev. W. John Murray
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2007 - 6:16AM #23
DaoDuck
[QUOTE=TigersEyeDowsing;147074]DaoDuck,

Thanks for your great posts.  Needless to say, as a Divine Scientist and Unitic, I agree.  :)

Love and Light,

Joseph

It "takes one to know one." As always, meeting others of "like-mind" is a joy that not many understand. Most in the traditional churches do not know about the experience of finally being "at home," or knowing that s/he is hearing the "truth" for once in your life, or being so happy at the very first service that tears of joy just roll down your cheeks. Many have not yet experienced having a Christmas candlelight service that honors the "Christ" in themselves, or spending an evening at New Years "letting go," or celebrating Life at Easter and recognizing that s/he is being reborn every day to a new life that is totally up to each person to create out of their "heart's desire.". Most do not understand how meaningful it is holding hands with another beautiful soul and feeling a deep connection while singing "Let it begin with me." One of my favorite Bible verses is this: "Let this mind be in you that is in Christ Jesus." Whoever wrote that (Paul?) was likely a New Thought person, like us! Nothing like having a direct connection with the original Christ-ians, the Jewish Gostics, the Islamic Sufi, the Taoist masters, the Hindu Yogis, the Buddhist monks, the Native American Shamans, and other mystics everywhere (including Catholics).
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 25, 2007 - 9:43PM #24
Synerjyz
[QUOTE=lightblueglue;114141]I was born and raised a Catholic. Being Catholic was all I knew 'til after graduating from College. I began reading about Reincarnation and Karma. I was very much drawn to it. Throughout the years, I found myself questioning my faith and beliefs. As of now, I attend a weekly Born again Christian service. I'm also a member of Singles for Christ (a Catholic grp) and still go to mass on Sundays and days of obligation. I am fascinated by Buddhists teachings and also have gone inside several Buddhist and Hindu temples. I'm not religious, pls don't get me wrong. I don't even read the bible. I enjoy having tarot card readings and have them quite regularly. I am interested in Psychics and even New Age. I believe in God and the power of the universe. The Law of Attraction and The Secret. I am truly deeply interested in all spiritual things and have a high respect and tolerance for everyone of them. Any thoughts on this?[/QUOTE]

I love the youthful authenticity of your post - so real - so exciting. It brought me back to the time (26  years ago) when I too began to explore God and spirituality outside of the confines of catholicism. Then about 16 years ago, I experienced a profound healing from the shame-based thinking I had been born into (which Catholicism feed and co-created in my life) and came to understand and experience a freedom never before even imagined.

My journey out was accelerated when I read a book by Father Leo Booth called 'When God becomes a Drug".  In the book he writes about the unhealthy relationship (co-dependent) many of us have with the church. It is an eye opener - it helped me frame what I felt and thought about my religion and its impact in my life, but more importantly for me, it help me frame the relationships with my catholic family, which were sadly & unintentionally very unhealthy   A couple of years later, I too found Unity a marvelous place to feel at home, although I don't practice that religion very committed either.

I absolutely love being free to worship, pray, think, believe, practice, and be with God in what ever way brings more of my highest good into the light of my everyday life.
*Now that's Freedom of Religion!
*or is that freedom from religion.  ~grin

God is expressing for you and as you - follow that! no matter what and you will cease being a seeker and arrive at just being, being at peace and with God. Sound good?

Blessings
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2008 - 10:06AM #25
mom2-4Angels
I guess you could say for me, I had the best of both worlds growing up. My mom was catholic and she wanted my sister and I to learn about God, which I did and have that belief in me, but my dad was more of a new ager. I would come home from church on Sundays to find my dad doing work on his numerology charts, or find him regressing into a past life...and once he and I went to a new age church in Salem, which was very interesting, nothing like I had ever seen in a catholic church.  People would be sitting in a chair up front and a lady would say that so and so who passed away was standing next to her, then after the "sermon" was over we went to their little store to look around at all the crystals and insense and everything else they were selling..I found myself being more drawn to that...I believe in God but I also believe that we are one with the universe, so I guess I'm like Syliva Browne, I started my own religion..I'm an un-conventional christian..meaning I have my christian ways in me, but I am more spiritual because that makes more sense to me. I have my faith in God, but I also believe that we live on the other side and that passed loved ones can and will connect with us and that we've lived many lives before this one we are now in.....just call me Sylvia..LOL
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2008 - 10:17AM #26
spiritalk
[QUOTE=mom2-4Angels;189382]I guess you could say for me, I had the best of both worlds growing up. My mom was catholic and she wanted my sister and I to learn about God, which I did and have that belief in me, but my dad was more of a new ager. I would come home from church on Sundays to find my dad doing work on his numerology charts, or find him regressing into a past life...and once he and I went to a new age church in Salem, which was very interesting, nothing like I had ever seen in a catholic church.  People would be sitting in a chair up front and a lady would say that so and so who passed away was standing next to her, then after the "sermon" was over we went to their little store to look around at all the crystals and insense and everything else they were selling..I found myself being more drawn to that...I believe in God but I also believe that we are one with the universe, so I guess I'm like Syliva Browne, I started my own religion..I'm an un-conventional christian..meaning I have my christian ways in me, but I am more spiritual because that makes more sense to me. I have my faith in God, but I also believe that we live on the other side and that passed loved ones can and will connect with us and that we've lived many lives before this one we are now in.....just call me Sylvia..LOL[/QUOTE]

Nice description of the Spiritualism services.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook