Page 4 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Meditation Experiences
6 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2008 - 9:06AM #31
Utilyan
Recently I get the "dream tingle" while awake.   Like getting dream mode while awake.  This is if I can settle myself to not control in full observation but then i just flinch out of it,  get too excited.

The best experience I felt tho was once i was on a roll with the vipassana to the point I had my breathing running on its own channel.    Sensation pops up, bam vippassana.... goes away,   Thought popped up,bam vippassana , went away.....   Then something wonderfull happened.   The question of something I didn't know popped up and when the sensation of the "I don't Know"  came ....BAM VIPPASSANA,  Imediately I swore I knew absolutely everything!  Fearless and equinimity was achieved.   I forgot why I came back =P  Felt like I climbed a big mountain to find another big mountain =)

Thing that interested me the most is if you can make the vipassana habitual opose to our opinionating/judging how it can sorta replace the habitual first reaction.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 13, 2008 - 7:08AM #32
alexmitrovic
Hi,

I have been practising meditation recently. I do it to manage my stress and anxiety levels. When ever I practice meditation my mind is clear  and calm. It helps me to lead a focused and peaceful life.

Thanks,
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 26, 2008 - 2:22PM #33
pilahawaiian
When IAM in meditation on the way to the Light within or as I call it The Holy Image of God, only because it looks just like God.

I go down a tunnal of lights, then I come to a dark room that has blue stars in it. right in the middle of the dark room a very bright Light starts burning it way in, the Light get brighter and brighter until it looks a lot like my picture I use as my logo on here.

everybody I teach this process to can see the same Light  within, in just 14 days. It use to take 30 days, but in the last 18 years I have learn how to refine to 14 days.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2008 - 2:53AM #34
Whisperingal
Pilah--hi.

I'ts also called Journeying--and many people can do it spontaneously and also at will.

I guess it just depends on who is doing it as to what it is called.
:)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2008 - 10:05PM #35
clipper6
I'm rather new to meditation. I began meditating after reading Eackart Tolle's ' A New Earth ' . After several days of meditation I began to feel my brain gurgle and pulse as I meditate .It's not at all painful but is this normal ? Is this desirable? Any thoughts?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 27, 2008 - 10:47PM #36
Roadrunner3
I think if your brain gurgles, its OK.  If it burps, you are
in serious trouble!
Just kidding of course!
I try to find a quiet place in the morning and sit in the dark with
a hot cup of coffee and just let my thoughts flow.  After awhile,
it is almost like I become a spectator of my thinking, and tension
seems to just release.  I sometimes will be inspired to write
spiritual poetry after meditating and actually collected some of
these poems in a web site, the link is below.  I find that if I am too
busy or unable to engage in this kind of activity for a few days,
my general enjoyment of life is really impaired.
PEACE

http://furtherreaches.com/
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2008 - 6:09AM #37
alexmitrovic
Hi Whispheringal,

That was a good post and thanks for links to the site . It was really useful as you said it was a great site.

Thanks,
Alex
http://meditationsolution.com
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2009 - 10:32PM #38
webigail1
When I meditate, my visions depend on the amount of time I have and concentration.  Usually they are light and dark images, but sometimes when I have complete control, I do see images of nature, such as bees or flowers.  It's an amazing experience...I am so happy I stuck with it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 09, 2009 - 7:47PM #39
Gintaras
Hi everyone...i used to practice astral traveling...but never "got out" heh :).. but i did something what took me to have negative experiences while sleeping(or so i think that its negative)...so i was experiencing them like an every second night for half of a year and now after one an a half year they are gone, by that time i didn't do any spiritual things...now i'm practising meditation...i don't want to sound naive for you guys but i feel like someone from "there" wants me to come and its helping... the experience i had just now was that i saw this eye in a triangle(yes... just like those logos or iluminati eye in a triangle)and when i looked at it (eyes are closed of course)..i got this extreme floo of a huge happiness,ecstazy..all throught my body ..it was so adorable felling...so i had 3 of these "floo's" before my  thoughts like "what the hell is happining,is it possible" stoped the meditation...and so i am a beginner:D... i would really want to know what the "eye" is..is it a somekind of god or something?...becouse i know it was real,more real then i can fizicaly feel...thanks for reading :)  sorry for my english...european :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2007 - 11:46PM #40
redhead57
Meditation is a wonderful and remarkable thing for me.  When I began meditating many years ago I was given a simple practice that has never failed me (unless I have been ungrounded or blocked which is different).  I will share with you what my Spiritual Mentor taught me over 15 years ago, if it works for you great, if not keep trying different methods, it is worth the effort.

I sit or lay comfortably (I do both, but have had good success sitting) and take 3 cleansing breaths.  Breath in through your nose and exhale through your mouth, slow and even breaths.  Envision a beautiful white light coming down to the center of your head and it fills your insides and then you see the light encompass your entire body and surroundings, this is the protective Light of Christ, and I personally won't even do a reading without this protection technique done first.  Continue to pay attention to your breath for a few moments,  imagine you are breathing in inspiration and peace and exhaling stress and the tensions of your day.  Beginning at your feet, tighten and relax your muscles, feeling the tension lifting and your muscles becoming heavy as they relax.  Feet, calves, thighs, buttocks, back, stomach, shoulder, arms, neck and head.  (This may seem at first to take too much time, but it is worth the time.)  I picture the base of my spine growing like a root into the earth and connecting with nature, I also imagine that limbs are coming from my body and soaking up God's light and invigorating my spirit, I feel it flow from the leaves right down to the root.  Then I have what I call a "gilded elevator", make yours look however you want it to.  I imagine going down 10 floors and as I see each number I feel as if I am going deeper and deeper into an altered state.  Then the elevator doors open and you can allow whatever is there to take you on your journey, or you can create your own special place (garden, river, waterfall, whatever works for you).  Then just watch what develops, ask for assistance and enjoy. 

That is how I do it and I feel like so many of the others, there is no better feeling than to be in harmony with your spirit and receiving what your guide, God, or messengers have for you. 

I must share this part of a meditation I did yesterday, my newest granddaughter has acted very uncomfortable with me from the moment she came home from the hospital.  She smiles at EVERYONE but me :( , as she became older it became obvious to all that she appeared not to like me or was afraid of me.  It came to me that it was a Past Life thing so I began to talk to her and tell her that all was well and what was before is done as we are here now.  There was a small improvement and I mean small.  Yesterday my guide was bringing different people in my family to me and I was covering them in light, holding them, and other things as I felt the need.  Suddenly there was the baby, and she was encased in a film like a bubble that was keeping her from reaching me.  I could not break through the barrier, I asked if the Mother Goddess or Azna could come and help me, she did and she touched the top of the "bubble" with her golden sword.  The film split and water poured out and she smiled at me.  I feel like she was "rebirthed" in some spiritual way.  Well, her mom brought her to me today and for the FIRST time she smiled and laughed at me.  (Teary eyes and goosebumps here.)  All afternoon and evening Little One and I have had a wonderful time and she just loves and smiles at me, even giving me 6 month old kisses!  Do I think that meditation is real, you bet I do, and is it worth the effort, you bet it is.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook