Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Meditation Experiences
6 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2007 - 9:03AM #1
spiritree
While meditating, I often feel an unusual sensation in the place between my eyes. Usually it is a slight vibration, sometimes it feels like a little bug is there, and sometimes it is an intense pressure, like someone is pushing in with their thumb.

About 2 or 3 times, I experienced a beautiful joyful energy that flooded my chest and throat. Once in a while, I get distinct 'images' that form in my mind's eye, or messages.

I was wondering if anyone has had mystical or unusual experiences during meditation, and could you please share!

Thank you,

Raquel
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2007 - 9:40AM #2
Dionysis10
Well, let me share this one; You know how in dreams we see things just as if we were awake. Well, the master who taught me to meditate said think of a blue sky when you meditate. I could not, but kept trying until one morning in my meditation out of the darkness  came vivid bright royal blue color filling my entire mind. I wanted be able to see in meditation as vividly as in dreams. So I was very excited when blue sky filled my mind.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2007 - 9:51AM #3
spiritalk
Leaving the mind in a state of non-focused thinking, allows for any and all random thought.  Visualizing peace in the mind, through a scene of nature, allows that the mind is focused and not available for other thoughts.  They will intrude and that is why it is important to allow them, then release them again.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2007 - 9:51AM #4
spiritalk
Leaving the mind in a state of non-focused thinking, allows for any and all random thought.  Visualizing peace in the mind, through a scene of nature, allows that the mind is focused and not available for other thoughts.  They will intrude and that is why it is important to allow them, then release them again.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2007 - 6:26PM #5
bobbyhillisalama
Spiritree,
Please, enlighten me as to what psychodelic substances you have gotten your hands on :P Just kidding.

Could you tell me what exactly you are doing because I could really use an experience like this. I know most would advise against trying to experience things like this on purpose.  However, I am desperate for some type of spiritual experience that may lift my spirits.

Please, help.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2007 - 3:18AM #6
Whisperingal
Bobby--hi--why do you think someone would advise against having such an experience?

The whole point of meditation--no matter what technique you use or what philosophy you adhere to--is to have edifying and enlightening experiences.

If someone has told you that you "shouldn't" try to have mystical experiences--they were very wrong.

Let's talk about it.

Sending good thoughts your  way.
WGal
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2007 - 9:21AM #7
bobbyhillisalama
I think I read somewhere in one of my Buddhist books that intention is very important in meditation. I guess I probably am missing the point. I just figured that attempting to have experiences similar to those that would come from using mind-altering substances from meditation would be considered wrong. This type of thinking may have come from a theravaden buddhism book ; the more conservative of the buddhists.

To clarify, I would like to have experiences that provide me with an escape. This logic is similar to someone who uses alcohol and other things to escape from their life. To me this will only lead to more desire and in time more suffering. But I still want to experience it because ...well you read the earlier post.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2007 - 1:19PM #8
Dionysis10
Let me give you one example of an experience I just had doing mindful meditation. I was experiencing stress and worry in my meditation. I simply noted this as stress and worry and had no further anxiety over it until it dissipated away and to my delight when it was gone I experienced happiness which I enjoyed and had as much give and take with as I could.
I meditate with the hope of communing and relating with God the ultimate reality, so when I was experiencing joy I shared it with the infinite present in the silence.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 1:46AM #9
Whisperingal
Bobby-hi.

I hope my question didn't sound too harsh.

Let me say it another way--there are endless ways to do meditation.

There are countless reasons to practice meditation.

There are as many different goals for meditation as there are people who meditate.

All you have to do--all any of us has to do--is find the form and the reason and the goal(s) that fit for us.

I recommend for anyone starting out that they try many different practices and goals (intentions) and reasons until they find the ones that fit perfectly for them.

When that happens you won't care what anyone else thinks.  :)

Sending good thoughts your way.
WGal

btw--if you noitce--I change my avatar daily. I am posting a variety of Mandalas which are used by some people under some circumstances as a part of their meditation practices.

Feel free to try one or more Mandalas to see if that is a practice that fits for you.

one great site is

www.eaglespiritministry.com

(in spite of its title it has no religious content but many many different kinds of Mandalas.

Another site is

www.latrobeschool.com/enrichment/images … =121&prev=

(if anyone has any problems with these links please let me know)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 8:48AM #10
bobbyhillisalama
Wow, I like the mandalas. I didn't find your post to be harsh at all. I forget that there is meditation outside of Buddhist practice sometimes.

Thanks for the advice.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook