Page 2 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Meditation Experiences
7 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 10:13AM #11
spiritalk
I don't believe there has ever been a 'high' as beautiful as meditation experiences.  That is when we are doing it right for ourselves.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 2:50PM #12
Whisperingal
Spiritalk--yep--talk about real highs--these can take the cake as my dad used to say.

The only "problem" is that if one tries to describe them--which I never do--it sounds like you're on something that isn't necessarily legal.  :)

when of course the very opposite is true.

Sending good thoughts your way.

WGal

Bobby--hi--I'm glad you like the Mandalas. There are tons of them available. all you have to do is google mandalas.

Sri Yantra Mandalas are very beautiful--google that and see what comes up for you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 2:50PM #13
Whisperingal
Spiritalk--yep--talk about real highs--these can take the cake as my dad used to say.

The only "problem" is that if one tries to describe them--which I never do--it sounds like you're on something that isn't necessarily legal.  :)

when of course the very opposite is true.

Sending good thoughts your way.

WGal

Bobby--hi--I'm glad you like the Mandalas. There are tons of them available. all you have to do is google mandalas.

Sri Yantra Mandalas are very beautiful--google that and see what comes up for you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2007 - 10:44AM #14
Urukai

bobbyhillisalama wrote:

Spiritree,
Please, enlighten me as to what psychodelic substances you have gotten your hands on :P Just kidding.

Could you tell me what exactly you are doing because I could really use an experience like this. I know most would advise against trying to experience things like this on purpose. However, I am desperate for some type of spiritual experience that may lift my spirits.

Please, help.

Reasons for advising against experiencing run the gamut...
Power over; control,
Fear for themselves projected onto others who would explore,
Some teach as they have have been taught,
Inexerience -lack of knowledge in the teacher...
Protection of those who are not ready or who are inexperienced...

Seeing spiritual experience as something seperate and apart only makes one feels more seperate and apart...especially if you aren't perceiving that your connecting...
There is an idea in some eastern philosophies that everyone you meet; animal, plant and human is God in disguise even yourself everything you do, every breath you take is a spiritual experience...meditation may help you to remember that...You don't meditate to have spiritual experiences - you meditate to remember you are the spiritual experience...phenomena occur peripherally around that realization and once that realization hits...the phenomena become unimportant...I'm not saying don't have the experience...I'm saying you already are the experience...these things (you and the it) are not seperate things...

Blessings...

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 11:42AM #15
peacefulwarior
I can relate to many of the posts about this topic that motivates me to share the following:

I was in my backyard not to many months back, meditating with eyes wide opened as I have learned to do by being very focussed on not what I see , but what I feel.

As I was adrift without thought, but just being one with nature, I came to notice that my entire backyard seemed to be like 3-D in color. I felt as though I was being drawn into another dimension, as if I was going through time or space into a different awareness.

At first I was frightened by this somewhat cosmic, colorful experience and mentally withdrew from what was happening.

As I became comfortable with what was happening, a great feeling of comfort and awareness overcame me, and I allowed myself to just go with the flow and allow all the energy of the moment be as exactly as it was.

When it seem to cease and I kind of came back to where I was, I had and have now, a much clearer understanding of my life's purpose and what it is that I am to do, while in this temporary form of physical existence.

One of my teachers who has helped me find my spiritual path later explained to me that this moments of enlightenment are like portals that we pass through as our path is laid out or defined by the One who's will is my will to carry out, and to do what the Higher Power of my understanding has laid before me to accomplish while here in this physical state.

My life has been so uncomplicated and so clear as to what my inner and outer purpose is, and what I am to do to be of service to my fellows.

It was and still is a truly unique thing that took place that day, to me, and I now know why I am here, and what I am to do, in service to the Supreme Being of my understanding.

Thanks for allowing me to share,
Larry
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2007 - 10:09AM #16
nnn123
sure, I believe in mystical experiences, visions and etc. through meditation.  I have had some and most folks I know who have practiced meditation have had them also.

Here is a link to a (free) online book by Paramahansa Yogananda.  Paramahansa Yogananda was one of only a handful of people recognized as a true saint by Mahatma Gandhi.  The book is filled with mystical experiences from meditation

"Autobiography of Yogi"

http://www.ananda.org/inspiration/books/ay/index.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2007 - 8:04PM #17
rbchaddy2000
I have had a mystical experience while meditating on the heavens on a moonless night free of most light pollution. Richard
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2007 - 9:38AM #18
spiritalk
A meditation is a personal experience - one of the most personal of all.  It is our own mind we are exploring - happy hunting.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 5:53AM #19
TigersEyeDowsing
[QUOTE=spiritree;43890]While meditating, I often feel an unusual sensation in the place between my eyes. Usually it is a slight vibration, sometimes it feels like a little bug is there, and sometimes it is an intense pressure, like someone is pushing in with their thumb.

About 2 or 3 times, I experienced a beautiful joyful energy that flooded my chest and throat. Once in a while, I get distinct 'images' that form in my mind's eye, or messages.

I was wondering if anyone has had mystical or unusual experiences during meditation, and could you please share!

Thank you,

Raquel[/QUOTE]

Raquel,

My third eye used to activate a lot when I did chakra meditations.  I've since moved to more "God within" meditations and the third eye doesn't open during that.  While I knew that was a good thing, it's definitely not physically 'comfortable'.
Churchianity, by substituting creed for Christ and dogma instead of the divine facts of being, has stripped Love of her royal robes and has left her standing an unheeded beggar in the universe of God. - Rev. W. John Murray
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 5:53AM #20
TigersEyeDowsing
[QUOTE=spiritree;43890]While meditating, I often feel an unusual sensation in the place between my eyes. Usually it is a slight vibration, sometimes it feels like a little bug is there, and sometimes it is an intense pressure, like someone is pushing in with their thumb.

About 2 or 3 times, I experienced a beautiful joyful energy that flooded my chest and throat. Once in a while, I get distinct 'images' that form in my mind's eye, or messages.

I was wondering if anyone has had mystical or unusual experiences during meditation, and could you please share!

Thank you,

Raquel[/QUOTE]

Raquel,

My third eye used to activate a lot when I did chakra meditations.  I've since moved to more "God within" meditations and the third eye doesn't open during that.  While I knew that was a good thing, it's definitely not physically 'comfortable'.
Churchianity, by substituting creed for Christ and dogma instead of the divine facts of being, has stripped Love of her royal robes and has left her standing an unheeded beggar in the universe of God. - Rev. W. John Murray
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook