Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
Switch to Forum Live View Meditation Experiences
7 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2008 - 11:34AM #41
redhead57
Xeno, while you may of course have any opinion that you feel is right for you I would like to share a recent experience if I may. I wrote a post on a group that had very different ideas about things than I do. I made my point, but I did not do it in a loving manner at all. A good friend gave me some wonderful advice. The things that we post and write have effects on others, it is part of the power of the spoken or written word.  While it is fine for us to disagree with one another, it is the higher ground if we can disagree in a respectful manner. Just food for thought. My meditations are the most spiritual part of my life and I find peace, joy and inspiration through the practice.  I send you love, peace and joy today and I am glad that you do not practice anything that makes you uncomfortable.  red
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2009 - 3:05PM #42
humboldt-don

Ive created these audio nature meditations   - they are available to listen to free at: www.codedimensions.com/satorisnd - With subtle stereo theta wave inducing Binaural Beats and set to  base Solfeggio Frequencies , along with digital stereo live nature  recordings and rich deep  synthesized tracks - and  enhanced with digital sound loops and effects.  I hope you enjoy these as much as i do - i use these meditations daily and find them a wonderful way to encourage the mind to relax and the spirit to find peace.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2009 - 9:59PM #43
Sheilabest10

Different physical sensations such as pains, aches, tickles, and itches during meditation can occur for many reasons. Most commonly, the wrong posture for the practitioner's physical needs has been selected. Sitting in an uncomfortable posture for too long can be painful or lead to aches, itches, and limbs "falling asleep". Make sure to consult a meditation teacher to be certain that your position is comfortable and that your posture is correct.

Another cause of physical sensations in the body during meditation is a side-effect of meditation: the mind is quieter and more aware of and in tune with the body, making it much easier to notice different feelings that already exist in the body. You may have had the pain before the meditation, but were unaware of it due to a lack of calm and concentration. Often the pain mechanism in our bodies has to practically yell to get through the noise of our busy lives.

If possible, carefully observe the sensations you feel while you meditate. You may make important discoveries into your health, or find that easy adjustments to your posture are all that is required to remedy them. The more comfortable you can make your body, the more effectively you will be able to meditate.

Click Here to Learn More

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2009 - 2:50PM #44
nnn123

some great descriptions of the meditation experiences of a saint in:

Autobiography of a Yogi

by Paramahansa Yogananda

www.ananda.org/inspiration/books/ay/inde...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2010 - 9:46AM #45
Mia_6

I share the experience of Spiritree in her initial post. My body seems to indicate when I am in a deeper state of meditation when my eyes began to vibrate a little, and there is a pressure between them or behind them, if that makes sense. There are no thoughts running in my head at that point, I just am. It sometimes weirds me out and I lose it, but it really does give me a feeling of complete serenity and calm.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2010 - 2:10AM #46
Marina_J

A great yogi sage wrote the "Yoga Sutra". This brief translation should wet your appetite. This describes the transformation of mind that will unfold over a course of sadhana, focusing on the relationship between the mind and the object of meditation.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2010 - 2:36PM #47
MeditationMan

When I finished meditating, the most weird experience that I've had so far has been that my vision was vibrating from side-to-side for about a minute after my session was completed. 

I haven't been meditating long, so I'm sure I'll have more experiences to share in the future!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2011 - 7:45PM #48
Kellleaf

There are many different types of meditation. Sometimes it can be as natural as breathing. My boyfriend and I recently started meditating. His concentration is doing very well. Mine, I'll improve. We had an experience. Various experiences actually. All having to do with harnessing your chi, chi ghost (your intention), and Spirit Animals. I'm usually very quite about my spirit animals unless someone really wants to know.

My BF Was doing well at his exercise with Chi. He held his hand about shoulder length apart using his intention to put his hand together. I put my hand in the middle to see if I could feel the warmth of his chi and how well he was harnessing it. Well, I decided to do an experiment. Without him knowing, I put my hand close to his feeling the pressure of the chi. Then I pulled it away for a quick second, then pushed it back and gave the chi back. I didn't say anything.

I took my hand out and 3 seconds later he opened his eyes, and had this face. (I make fun of him and said he looked like he'd gone crazy) Then started explaining to me. "Hooves, I heard hooves and I was running almost gliding. I was in this forest. I was running with other, like in a pack. and there was rushing water coming from somewhere. Before that! I saw a bright flash of white light. It was amazing. It all seemed so real"

I sat there, just asking q's in a non-chalant (if that's the word) tone. But the vivid detail of what he was describing sounded very much like my spirit animal.

So I fessed up about pushing the chi into with my hands. He said it happened right after that (when you feel a pull and push you can feel your hands get cold then warm)

So I read that you can see visions of beautiful things, but I wonder if he saw my spirit animal through my hands.

Skeptical, sure. I'm even skeptical of myself haha

but that doesn't take away the wonderful experience my bf felt while meditating.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2011 - 6:33AM #49
Ricketsjohn

Nov 4, 2007 -- 9:03AM, spiritree wrote:

While meditating, I often feel an unusual sensation in the place between my eyes. Usually it is a slight vibration, sometimes it feels like a little bug is there, and sometimes it is an intense pressure, like someone is pushing in with their thumb.

About 2 or 3 times, I experienced a beautiful joyful energy that flooded my chest and throat. Once in a while, I get distinct 'images' that form in my mind's eye, or messages.

I was wondering if anyone has had mystical or unusual experiences during meditation, and could you please share!

Thank you,

Raquel

Very good post Spiritree, I also have those experiences while meditating. The unusual sensation in the place between your eyes is called the Third Eye. It activates itself after you manage to understand the purpose of meditation, and you do it corectlly. Congratulations!

Jhon R.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2013 - 1:38AM #50
Rickbross

Hello, I like some feedback on my meditation experiences if you would:

So I have been meditating for a few months, a few times a week, for about 5-30 min. 96% of it is just the breathing excercises, but the other 4% is where it gets WILD.

Okay, so I am setting there, getting pretty deep into my breath when all of a sudden, I realize I am so focused on my breath (or whatever I may be meditating on, God for example), that I cant feel my legs. Like, their not asleep, its just so far on the list of things my mind is working on that I cant even really feel where they are or anything.

If I wanted to move then I could, but I would break the whole thing and be back at the begining, so I focus with ever inhale I take what ever thoughts my mind was wondered off with, and I exhale them out, clearing my mind again. Its almost like with every exhale I climb one step up on a ladder.

ts happened twice with me. The first time it happened was the first time I ever set foot in the Hare Krishna temple, the second at a buddhist monestary.

1st time - 35-40 min. 2nd time - < 5 min.

It almost even feels that way, each step up I take, a step up the voidness of physical feeling creeps. So after the legs, comes the arms and hands. At one point I rememer noticing I had no idea if my fingeres were in my lap, crossed, or if I was flailing my arms around above my head.

So it keeps going, until all of you, all of the energy that occupies your body is all focused in your core, at about this time I stopped breathing, my body was still breathing, but I had no control over the speed or anything, it just went on its own. After this, my soul, my umph, or whatever you call it (The energy or whatever), moved from being centralized in my heart area, to my head. THIS IS WHERE IT GOT SERIOUS.

Like, You know that feeling you get in your heart when someone says "I love you" or something, that "heart-melt"?

Its like that feeling, but instead of a single moment of it, its a constant pour of it, and instead of feeling it in your heart, its in your head and its the strongest I have ever felt anyhting. And the feeling just escapes from every direction. I dont know where my skull ends or begins, you dont know the bounds of my own body.

--------

What do you think? How can I increase these experiences? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook