Switch to Forum Live View Dreams about Bathrooms a Journey?
7 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2008 - 7:35PM #1
Motherhealer13
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif][I][COLOR=#3333ff]Quite often I Dream about finding Bathrooms.  I don't have to actually go to the bathroom, but I seem to have a long journey...climbing up a bank of grass... in a huge home... getting lost on the way to it....climbing over a fence to an outhouse...waiting in a long line of women...only to find when I get there the stall has changed from a tall stall to a short one barely giving you modesty.  I had it again last night.  I was in a strange home, and asked the owner where the bathroom was, but got lost on the way there,  He then asked why I was in his main bedroom bathroom?  I told him I couldn't find the one he had told me of.  Then I woke up.

Is this a type of Journey?  Am I on a journey in Spirituality...and the Bathroom represents the place of Divine heaven for me?  Sounds funny huh?
Tams
[/FONT][/COLOR][/I]
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2008 - 10:04PM #2
Urukai
Motherhealer,
Bathrooms in dreams often reflect a cleansing, purging, purification or the need for such expression..
This dream seems to be reflective of your attempt to make a long drawn out symbolic journey you know other women around you and before you have made and in effect are still attempting to make; going the distance, making the effort, crossing barriers (fences) overcoming obstacles to find a place for your expression; to get to a place where you can accomplish what you need to…
In the dream you seem to find that this journey can often be a bit humiliating, deprecating as you make the attempt…(low stall wall that does not allow for any real privacy or modesty…the journey may have to be made practically and almost out in the open exposed for others to take note of…
Wandering, getting lost is indicative of confusion, losing your sense of direction in your journey…even as you try and follow a directive on how to get from point A to point B in order to accomplish your goals…sometimes getting your lines of direction crossed ending up not where you intended to be at all (the master bedroom bathroom).
A home in a dream is often reflective of the dreamer; their attitudes and ideas; their self…
In attempting to find a place to cleanse yourself or purge or purify whatever you feel you need to you end up as a stranger in what you feel is a strange land…symbolically you ended up in a place in your head that you did not expect or recognize as being your own…attitudes, private thoughts etc.
You begin to question yourself (the man confronting you) and why you are at that particular place in your journey. You begin to acknowledge that you are having trouble following the direction you thought you had been given and that you can not seem to find the place (possibly a state of mind) that will allow you to do what you need to the way you feel you need to do it….

Hope this helps in some way...
Hugs and Blessings...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2008 - 11:42PM #3
Motherhealer13
Urukai,

Thank you so very much for your insight.

I do begin my journeys, knowing what, where and why I'm on them, then I do seem to question myself.  I'm not particularly afraid, I do just step right into a situa.  But, I do seem to analyze things a bit much.

I really am(in real life)directionally dislexic, so could this be the direction confusion in my dreams too?

I have been detoxing(not substance-but old baggage/issues of childhood)and reading a powerful book called 'Healing the Shame that Binds' you by John Bradshaw, which is bringing up the inner childhood anger and rages, that I'm feeling and letting go.

So, I will practice meditation again, and re-direct myself.

Many hugs and kisses to you Urukai.  I send healing hugs your way.  Tams
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2008 - 8:45PM #4
dreamhealth
I agree with urukais' assessment. I had a few urinating dreams some years ago. Cleansing, cleansing. The bathroom is the place to get clean. I enjoyed your response, motherhealer. Very helpful to read. You seem to be getting a lot from the Bradshaw book. I've read it, too.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2008 - 8:45PM #5
dreamhealth
I agree with urukais' assessment. I had a few urinating dreams some years ago. Cleansing, cleansing. The bathroom is the place to get clean. I enjoyed your response, motherhealer. Very helpful to read. You seem to be getting a lot from the Bradshaw book. I've read it, too.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook