Page 2 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
7 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2008 - 1:27AM #11
queenmeanest
I am new to the Bnet sight but have been a Mystic most of my adult life and it seems for years and sometimes still
ppl ask what it is? I got a lot of strange looks so I finally started telling them to look it up. Anyways I love this sight and am still trying to find my way around, but the things that I have read are so inspirational to me, its awesome!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2008 - 2:44PM #12
wonderment

queenmeanest wrote:

I am new to the Bnet sight but have been a Mystic most of my adult life and it seems for years and sometimes still
ppl ask what it is? I got a lot of strange looks so I finally started telling them to look it up. Anyways I love this sight and am still trying to find my way around, but the things that I have read are so inspirational to me, its awesome!!!

Hi Queenmeanest, Welcome! I keep forgetting to look at this "Welcome" thread. Hopefully we who post here with some regularity don't miss opportunities to welcome people like you who are new to the site.

Funny about when you tell people you are a Mystic and get strange looks as a response. I can relate:). Mysticism is so very much misunderstood and hard for people to relate to as any kind of "religion". To me it's like a "wayless Way". I've thought for some time that mysticism is not like any tradition or religion that you decide to "join". It's a way of life - of being, that you more or less fall into by default.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 09, 2008 - 2:53PM #13
Freawaru
Hello again,

I see many familiar names here :-)

Dennis, I am glad you returned  :-)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2008 - 1:28AM #14
queenmeanest
Wonderment,
thank you for your
welcome..
queenmeanest
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2008 - 1:49PM #15
moonflower
i'm so happy to find this board and  like minded souls - i have been on a spiritual path for many years  reading the literature of mystics in all religions and concentrating on buddhism over the past year - the older i get the more convinced i become of the need for spiritual awareness and our connection to the universe on a very  deep personal level - i am disturbed by the devotion to organized religion and the fanaticism it spawns -
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2008 - 2:48PM #16
wonderment

moonflower wrote:

i'm so happy to find this board and like minded souls - i have been on a spiritual path for many years reading the literature of mystics in all religions and concentrating on buddhism over the past year - the older i get the more convinced i become of the need for spiritual awareness and our connection to the universe on a very deep personal level - i am disturbed by the devotion to organized religion and the fanaticism it spawns -

Hi Moonflower. I'm happy that you found us too! There has not been much activity going on here lately. As I'm sure you know, all the boards ebb and flow. I hope you will feel free and comfortable enough with us that you will just jump and share.

I think age has also been a factor in my love of the mystics and the teachings of Buddhism. Getting older ain't all half bad, is it:)?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2008 - 8:07PM #17
spirthapppenings
[QUOTE=BeliefnetSabee;9598]Hello and welcome to your new board. Please tell us about yourself and your interest in mysticism.[/QUOTE]

Hello,

I have been discouraged in the past whenever I started a new post.  Seems like the responses were all over the map,and some of those responding were trying hard to persuade you to their point of view.  However, this new Mysticism location has been pleasantly surprising.  The responses have been on target and helpful.  I am learning a lot from the responses.

Thanks
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2008 - 2:41PM #18
Bricksee
I am new to the Mysticism forum but am interested to learn as much as possible -- have been told that I am a 'mystic' but not sure why.

P.S.  Okay, I went and looked it up - 'seeing with the eyes closed' - yes, this "is" what I do, but have never thought of that other than just seeing things intuitively
Love, Light and Laughter is the Universal Language, Betty
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2008 - 3:05PM #19
ElCid22
Ecumenical Christian with a strong Catholic background. Spiritual warrior for pan-Christian culture.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 04, 2008 - 9:13PM #20
Theanchorage
I see Mysticism as the hope of the world.  It's been around a very long time, but organized religion has always wanted to repress it for the very reason that makes it appealing -- it can belong to everyone.  Maybe with the new forms of communication the message will get out in ways that can't be repressed.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook