Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 6:34PM #1
Andre_Rieu_fan356
Out of curiosity, why has the bnet community moved? (Though I have to admit--these messageboards are way cooler!)
::~~~~~~~~~~~~~::
Peace,
Annapurna
::~~~~~~~~~~~~~::

"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see"--Edgar Degas
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2007 - 11:06PM #2
delmarvamom
I like the new features, but visually it is not as well organized. The old format was much easier on the eyes. It may be an older person thing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2007 - 2:22PM #3
MsCGheartofohio
I agree, Delmarvamom, my old eyes found the prior format easier to navigate.  I actually made Bnet my online "home," because I didn't have to learn a whole program to communicate.
I hope as we all become accustomed to the layout and tons of new features, comfort levels will improve.

I actually had a hard time finding this board, because of the way topics are now organized.  There seem to be way too few sub-categories.  I realize some consolidation was probably prudent, but did we have to change everything?????

My best,
CG
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2007 - 2:24PM #4
MsCGheartofohio
I didn't mean to say I stayed with bnet JUST because of the navigation - obviously, it's the people I love :)

CG
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2007 - 11:04AM #5
FrannieBlue
[QUOTE=delmarvamom;9753]I like the new features, but visually it is not as well organized. The old format was much easier on the eyes. It may be an older person thing.[/QUOTE]

I agree delmarvamom.  The new colors are nice, but it took me until today to find this site again.  Even though the old site was different it was easier to get around and to search for what you wanted, and I do think it was easier to read the posts.  You could be right about the eyes as I'm an old person, but NOT stuck in the past or afraid to learn new things like some are.

Probably with time, we will all get used to the change.  I do wonder sometimes why established sites always feel the need to change.  I like to read CNN and they changed their site a while back.  It's sort of like the phone message you get saying "the choices have changed so listen carefully to the new menu".

Frannie
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2008 - 7:11PM #6
Katja144
I like the new format but I am still unable to figure out how I can view a list of my posts on various threads.  The old forum had that on one's profile; the new one doesn't seem to.  As if I can remember exactly which threads I posted in and where they were located!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2008 - 7:11PM #7
Katja144
I like the new format but I am still unable to figure out how I can view a list of my posts on various threads.  The old forum had that on one's profile; the new one doesn't seem to.  As if I can remember exactly which threads I posted in and where they were located!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 30, 2008 - 5:05PM #8
sharon_bivens
I miss the old format so much.  I try now, but most of the time I feel lost.  I think I actually mourned.  ha

Sharon
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2008 - 2:05AM #9
Devona
unable to figure out how I can view a list of my posts on various threads

I miss that too.  If it's possible, I haven't found it yet on these 'new' boards!  I, too, preferred the old format.  There was certainly a whole lot more discussion going on.........these boards are so much quieter!

Blessings,
Devona
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2008 - 2:09AM #10
Devona
As if I can remember exactly which threads I posted in and where they were located!

an easy way is to 'bookmark' your discussions.  I bookmark each forum I go to under a general 'beliefnet' folder and then just click to go to each one.  Once there, those little red dots tell you which threads you've participated in.  It's nowhere near as easy as the 'old way' but it is functional.

Blessings,
Devona
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook