Page 5 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Next
7 years ago  ::  Dec 26, 2007 - 4:27PM #41
pilahawaiian
I followed the Teachings of Jesus, when the Bible said he Purged his floor, and then he Fasted, and purified his Temple, well I took that as truth.

So when God said return to him with all your heart with fast, I did.

I returned to God with all my heart with fast, in the name of Jesus (His Teachings).

This please God so much, God came into his Holy Temple and hung his Holy Image so I could SEE with my own eyes his Holy Image anytime I liked within me, and I do.

But God Didn’t stop their, His is so happy that I Purified his Holy Temple that God Sings his Holy Praises to me within 24/7 with his Holy Voice. The word of God within.

This is like being in the right hand of God 24/7.

Now after Looking at the Holy Image of God, when I open my eyes and look around I can see what looks like the Kingdom of God on Mother Earth.

But the GREATEST gift of all is being Disease FREE on Mother Earth. Aman,Aman. before i did the purification i was SICK a lot that was 18 years ago.

To me that is Holistic Spirituality Living. I teach others now on how to be alive.

For some people it takes only 2 weeks, for others it takes a little longer.

volcanohealing.com
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 26, 2007 - 9:28PM #42
Synerjyz
Curious...What prompted this response Spirittalk?

[QUOTE=spiritalk;164899]Do we have to consider that if God fits into this particular religion then he does not fit elsewhere?  That is exclusionism again.[/QUOTE]

I hope you did not hear that in my post dear. Exclusivity is a human endeavor and God can not exclude but many religions / people do.  God is found in all religions (well maybe all) -  I just don't think any one of them can capture all of God much less package God neatly into doctrine to serve up only when needed. God is way bigger than religion.

Would you agree?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 26, 2007 - 9:39PM #43
pilahawaiian
Oh really what Religion did Jesus belong to????????
What religion dose God belong to???????
God is LIFE or you and I would not be Here.
Jesus did the WILL of God he gave LIFE to God' Children.
RELIGION belongs to MAN, and man will KILL you in the name of God and Jesus.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 27, 2007 - 10:31AM #44
spiritalk
"These are two great rules yet there is a built-in flaw for the new ager. Allowing others to have their “own Truth” was made to mean, therefore, there are “other Truths”. This concept continued the act of separation & uncertainty of The Truth of God."From spirit and wind.

Was the promptor to that message.  Hard keeping up here so many directions lol
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 27, 2007 - 10:34AM #45
spiritalk
[QUOTE=Synerjyz;166333]Curious...What prompted this response Spirittalk?

I hope you did not hear that in my post dear. Exclusivity is a human endeavor and God can not exclude but many religions / people do.  God is found in all religions (well maybe all) -  I just don't think any one of them can capture all of God much less package God neatly into doctrine to serve up only when needed. God is way bigger than religion.

Would you agree?[/QUOTE]

Yes, very much so!  I believe in my religion - even with its flaws - just as I love God - even in my flaws. 

God is in my religion - but not to the exclusion of anyone.  There is a very open minded policy (which I have to confess to not finding in any other group I have any knowledge of) in Spiritualism that respects the seekers - they are God's focus because they need the answers.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 28, 2007 - 1:50PM #46
pilahawaiian
JOHN 2
21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

1 Cor 3:
16 "Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells inside you?"

The Holy Temple of God is within you, The Holy Image of God is within you, So that means the Body is the Holy Church of God. That’s why Jesus said seek the Kingdom within. Fasting will get you their IF you understand the teachings of Jesus(his name is his teachings). All this is in the New Testament but the Church and Religion of man don't teach LIFE. They teach the traditions of Men.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2007 - 9:31AM #47
spiritalk
[QUOTE=Synerjyz;166333]Curious...What prompted this response Spirittalk?

Would you agree?[/QUOTE]

The rantings and ravings of a fundamentalist!

I agree with your statement totally.  But the other response lacked the usual respect.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 30, 2007 - 4:48AM #48
Synerjyz
I hear you Spirittalk!

I hear your soft confidence and quiet inclusion. I love the passion you have for your religion.
I respect passionate discourse so much, especially when it is diverse.

I do not like the shouting innuendos that often accompanies the fundamental voice - as if they feel mad with other's stupidity and resistance. Hum?  ...as if raising their voice will help all the unbelievers find what they have found. The shouting does not make their beliefs attractive. Instead, it seems to do the opposite at least for me, it is a big turn off!

I do not hear shouting in the beliefs of holistic spirituality. I hear the open range inviting me to find a rich and comfy spot where I can be with God. I love that!

Blessings for all, even the loud ones.
Syn
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 30, 2007 - 8:46AM #49
Pam34
'spiritual without religious' just doesn't make any sense to me at all. Being 'spritiual' IS religious behavior. When I hear people say that they are 'spiritual without being religious' I tend to think they are trying to have their cake and eat it too - get 'credits' for 'being spiritual' without doing the hard intellectual and real work of defining their beliefs and building a community.

I can understand being dissatisfied with 'organized religious institutions' but surely that is a different animal than 'religion' or even a particular religion/faith.

Certainly the mystical traditions within each tradition (religion) are very close to each other in many ways, and close to what is being called 'holistic spirituality', but that doesn't make every religion 'the same' nor every mystic/spiritual person 'the same' nor are their beliefs or practices identical.

Eighty or ninety percent of the time, the people who tell me they are 'spiritual but not religious' also tell me they believe in 'God and Jesus'. Well, like it or not, that puts them firmly in the Christian religious tradition. And there is nothing wrong with that at all - they are just finding ways to express that 'religion' which they haven't yet discovered within any particular institution. Yet.

To me, from my POV, spirituality grows out of and flourishes WITHIN a religious tradition, giving that spirituality structure and permanence and direction which it cannot maintain alone.
Blessed are You, HaShem, Who blesses the years.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 30, 2007 - 9:45AM #50
spiritalk
[QUOTE=Pam34;173895]'Q:  spiritual without religious' just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

A:  For a lot of people it is a struggle to maintain the spirituality of their own soul, without the practice of a religious following.  It is not a big deal - they just haven't found a group that resonates.  Or they have no need for community at all, even in spirituality.

Q:  Being 'spritiual' IS religious behavior.

A:  NO!  The whole point is spirituality is within the human construct, while religious behaviour is a choice within your spiritual community.  Defining some of these words sometimes helps - but this statement is totally off the mark of what the seeker is searching for in their spirituality.

Q:  When I hear people say that they are 'spiritual without being religious' I tend to think they are trying to have their cake and eat it too - get 'credits' for 'being spiritual' without doing the hard intellectual and real work of defining their beliefs and building a community.

A:  While that is your opinion and we must respect if, consider....there is more discomfort in constantly seeking (because you have not been satisfied) than having found where you fit - kind of like a puzzle - round peg, round hole.  Unfortunately, they are probably more intellectual than the religious 'nut' that only tastes their own religious literature.  The seeker is finding answers in broader terms - not following a book and pattern of others.  As long as no one attempts to tear down the structure of your religion, they need to be welcomed as they just may find a piece of their own puzzles of life.

Q:  I can understand being dissatisfied with 'organized religious institutions' but surely that is a different animal than 'religion' or even a particular religion/faith.

A:  To say 'religion' is fraught with so many ideas, so many plans, etc.  Leaving religion was focused to a particular group and some seekers do get sick of finding 'the same meat, different gravy' in so many places, they lump them all together.  Its too bad, because there are some open minded and thinking groups that get tared before listening.

Q:  Certainly the mystical traditions within each tradition (religion) are very close to each other in many ways, and close to what is being called 'holistic spirituality', but that doesn't make every religion 'the same' nor every mystic/spiritual person 'the same' nor are their beliefs or practices identical.

A:  To be effective and functioning, a religious gathering or group has to be offering something more than mysticm.  The utopian view is wonderful - the realities of life not so wonderful.  That is where the real field of dreams comes in and we can all help each other regardless of religious following.

Q:  Eighty or ninety percent of the time, the people who tell me they are 'spiritual but not religious' also tell me they believe in 'God and Jesus'. Well, like it or not, that puts them firmly in the Christian religious tradition. And there is nothing wrong with that at all - they are just finding ways to express that 'religion' which they haven't yet discovered within any particular institution. Yet.

A:  Which Chritian following?  The various groups under this particular banner have so many presentations it is difficult, to impossible to find true followers of Christ/Jesus.  His message was love - can you sincerely say any group you have attended is filled with this particular quality?  Christians may claim the message - they just don't live it and their groups become full of people willing to send others away in the name of their religion.  Seekers don't leave so much because they want to go - more, they leave because they are discouraged and downright kicked out. 

Q:  To me, from my POV, spirituality grows out of and flourishes WITHIN a religious tradition, giving that spirituality structure and permanence and direction which it cannot maintain alone.

A:  I can only say that is your POV as expressed.  We need never dismiss anyone else's take on what is spirituality within or without religion - they all exist as spiritual beings.  And to dismiss the human strength of maintaining a spiritual structure without religious tradition, it is happening right under your nose.  Run it may just enlighten you to other ways and maybe even starting your own traditions![/QUOTE]

Look not to what your religion can do for you, but look to what you can do for your religion.  Are you the problem or the solution?  Are you welcoming ALL seekers?  Or are you a part of those who sends them away?
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook