Page 13 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
4 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2010 - 12:01AM #121
Spiritascendant

For me, Holistic Spirituality is primarily about overcoming the dualistic thinking that has been enshrined in Western thought for millenia: the notion of opposing forces at war, such as flesh vs. spirit, good vs. evil, dark vs. light, etc. Instead, in our practice we work toward cultivating a sense of the oneness of all things. My flesh and my spirit are not at war with one another (as the apostle Paul famously proclaimed), but comprise a unified whole. Human beings are neither good nor evil per se; rather they are widely varying mixtures of light sides and shadow sides. Granted, there are individuals who so fully embrace their shadow sides that the light is extinguished, and they can cause a great deal of damage.

In Holistic Spirituality as I practice it, Divinity is not a transcendent being standing outside creation, but an immanent Spirit arising within it. I know atheists whom I consider intensely spiritual, and devout faith practitioners in whom the Divine spark has been all but entirely snuffed out.

S.A.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2011 - 4:55PM #122
Vardu

Dec 8, 2010 -- 12:01AM, Spiritascendant wrote:

For me, Holistic Spirituality is primarily about overcoming the dualistic thinking that has been enshrined in Western thought for millenia: the notion of opposing forces at war, such as flesh vs. spirit, good vs. evil, dark vs. light, etc. Instead, in our practice we work toward cultivating a sense of the oneness of all things. My flesh and my spirit are not at war with one another (as the apostle Paul famously proclaimed), but comprise a unified whole. Human beings are neither good nor evil per se; rather they are widely varying mixtures of light sides and shadow sides. Granted, there are individuals who so fully embrace their shadow sides that the light is extinguished, and they can cause a great deal of damage.

In Holistic Spirituality as I practice it, Divinity is not a transcendent being standing outside creation, but an immanent Spirit arising within it. I know atheists whom I consider intensely spiritual, and devout faith practitioners in whom the Divine spark has been all but entirely snuffed out.

S.A.

Beautifully expressed, Spiritascendant!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2011 - 6:01PM #123
Hevin

Redemption can only be found through the freedom of religion, not through the enforcment of it.

The law was made to serve man.  When man becomes servant to the law, the law has lost its only purpose.  What truly matters most is the benefit of humanity.

Mankind should be encouraged to graduate above and beyond religion, not to forever submit himself under it.

-I AM-

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2011 - 11:51AM #124
Nonchristianheaven

Well ,religious usually means you have joined a group that thinks alike, uses the same texts, sings the same songs, believes the same dogma, follows the same rules.

Spiritual to me always meant the freedom to not choose just one text or one belief. I could make up my own rules and sing any songs I wanted. Spiritual people all may or may not think differently.

There are Spiritual Athesist, Spiritual Wiccans, Spiritual Christians...

I guess Spiritual is whatever the particular person feels it is in their own situation.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2011 - 2:07AM #125
Collin237

There would be a lot of potential in holistic living if it accepted reality. The phrase "spiritual energy" makes no sense. Spirit is free, and energy is exact. They are opposites. They interact without mixing. Instead of pretending that spiritual assistance is energy, you should admit that it is outside of physics. A true understanding of science is very important to the world's future, and splicing together bits of science like a mockingbird serves no one.

It certainly does no good to claim things manifestly false, like saying that pure water contains a medicine, when actually the medicine has been completely removed. (ICYDK, that's what homeopathy is.) If you do that, you may as well become Catholic and call it blood.

Who do I work for? I don't know. I suppose I work for whatever sent the Lavender + Abstract Tan Children to Earth.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 13 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook