Page 10 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next
6 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2008 - 6:45PM #91
spiritalk
Following Spiritualism allows both the religion and spirituality to live in peace within.  They encourage and welcome seeking.  After all, nothing is static.

There is no staus quo in nature - there is only growth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2008 - 6:45PM #92
spiritalk
Following Spiritualism allows both the religion and spirituality to live in peace within.  They encourage and welcome seeking.  After all, nothing is static.

There is no staus quo in nature - there is only growth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2008 - 8:07PM #93
Moontreader
Hi all
I think it can be summed up by saying be loving and non-judgemental to all.
Choose the way that is best for you – be loving and non-judgemental to yourself.
Be honest with yourself.
Improve yourself.
Seek and never stop seeking.
Test all that you find with the love test.

Peace and light
Al
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2008 - 12:01AM #94
pilahawaiian
be loving and non-judgemental to yourself. .........Amen; and people can love you without jugement. Love them as I have loved you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2008 - 6:22PM #95
newlife
For me, spirituality  is about living life in this here and now, promoting well being for self and others. 

newlife
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2008 - 5:16PM #96
SpiritWalk36
[QUOTE=religionfree;15878]I've always thought of religion to be like a social club.  If you pay your club dues (fealty) and attended functions (church) you are accepted.  If you question or slack, your membership is suspended.

That's just me.[/QUOTE]

Yes like we belong to gym. Peace and Harmony,
Kari
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2008 - 10:53AM #97
spiritalk
For me, Spiritalk very wisely wrote - Be True To Thyself - exactly how I feel about now and the future. I feel strongly that we are of spirit and earth bound as a physical beings to learn and grow in this life. Our connections to the spirit world come every day through our thoughts and our inspiration, our intuition and our ideas and our connection to other earth bound spirits who bring with them important teachings to help us move forward. It is of our essence to do what is best for our individual growth, to do what's right because it brings its own personal rewards and to help others, especially those who may not be as lucky as we may find ourselves to be.

As a Spiritualist, I feel it's more important to share my energy and lead a life of example than to stand in front of an audience and preach what to do today, who to like, what's acceptable in society and only abide by the writings of a particular religious book.  True2onespirit quote

Spiritualist in this definition is kind of a small s - an individual awareness of spirit and spirituality.  Spiritualism (capital) is an organized religion, philosophy, science and comes with 7 principles.  When embracing these simple statements, we come together as groups of thinking people (please don't leave your brains at the door!) to listen to others' experiences and ideas while forming our own.

Spirituality on an individual basis is very important to a Spiritualism follower.  There is no book or preached line to follow - only individuality.  It works beautifully!

http://groups.msn.com/spiritualwisdom

This is my site for Spiritualism and there are also national bodies in the US, England, Canada and I am sure other countries.

Being open to everyone and their personal spirituality, allows a communion with religion followers as well as those who don't follow religion.  Spirituality is innate in all of us.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2008 - 11:00AM #98
spiritalk
True2onespirit:  I find myself quite aligned with spiritalk, yet have always distanced myself from their being a God. Fascinating it would be to know how one almighty being could create a world of such diversity and extremism - love and hate, greed and poverty, health and sickness... the list goes on. I would love to know exactly the website or group referred to for Spiritualism. And other than to know that it is written with much warmth, I am unsure what the 'God' represents in her final words on every occasion - God Bless.

God created a wonderful creation - human being.  It is a marvel of design and function.  And God doesn't make mistakes - even when we don't understand some shortcomings of the human construct.

One of the most interesting aspects is....free will.  With free will we have so many choices.  We can turn to the light of spirituality or we can turn away.  We have individual rights in this respect, which allows us to respect each and every other person in their right to choose. 

Within some of those choices is the opposites of good/evil, etc. The natural law gives us the opportunity to learn our lessons by our choices.  Human beings are choosing - not God.  He already knows the direction of best spirituality.  He wants us to learn for ourselves.  And sometimes it is a hard lesson fraught with pain and suffering!

I am trying to keep God alive and those willing to 'choose' to turn away another understanding  - God bless - allows for this choice in love.  I am not God - I merely draw on the energy of God.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2008 - 3:00PM #99
Intune
I believe most of us relate to religion as a particular set of beliefs that are practiced, and studied as a group. Now, whether these beliefs were instilled in us or followed from our own truths found within us are the determining factors, IMO.

We can be religious about our spirituality,  and we can be religious about the religions we were taught and molded to believe as the truth.

Each and everyone one of us are of spirit, and we are all  a spark of God.

For me, I found my God centeredness/spirituality , and feel extremely comfortablely close to God now, whereas I was unable to find that within an organized religion.  I'm only speaking for myself when I say,  spiritual but not religious has brought me to much more loving level, and I'm able to now see all of Gods gifts unto me.  I no longer have to find him in a book, and follow  the words written by other prophets to know Gods truths. I've opened myself up to God fully, and he and she has gifted me with prophecy, as both Mother and Father God would do the same for others that open fully  to God and find the truth within themselves.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2008 - 11:34AM #100
bj-bucks
Religion gives one outside rules and theories, it is not a one on one practice, but tries to reach all whose persersonal beliefs want to feel whatever comfort it can give you, to me, it is a "booster" to reach your spirituality.
Spirituality is an essence within yourself.  It has always been there since the moment you were born.  All is one energy, you can't seperate it, it is the pulselife of who you are and who you will continue to be after you leave this physical world.  Only our egos can seperate us from God.  It is all about Universal Law, when we are out of harmony with it, like "Cause and Effect," it is not God punishing us, it is about Laws that run the whole Universe.
If you are happy with your Religion, if it helps you to find the answers within, then it is appropriate for you.  The secret is spirituality is ongoing and every decision that we make, no matter how small or great, is spiritual and we are literally creating our own lives.  That is why Universal Law is so important.  It goes beyond the fumbling and interpretation of human law and gives you a laid out "here it is," rules and regulations that guide us all.  If this were taught in homes and schools and politics we would not be seeing so much crime and hate in our world, because you are the one who is responsible for what you do.
So, the more you understand your "spiritual" self and its natural laws, the more you will embrace your personal Religion.  Only we are responsible for our words and actions and if we want our spirits to be at peace, no matter what our wordly situation, spirit is the driving force that gets you there.  I suggest that anyone who is interested google "Universal Law" and give it a look.

Blessed Be,

Stargazer43
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 10 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook