Page 4 of 13  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next
7 years ago  ::  Nov 13, 2007 - 10:33AM #31
spiritalk
"As to another poster's claim that "we are all seekers of truth", I have to strongly disagree unless the statement refers to only Beliefnet members. Why? Well, I do not think that criminals are seekers of truth, therefore not all humans are "truth seekers". Some people are genuinely seeking truth, one wonders though whether they will find it or not."  Bravo

Even criminals change over time (evolve) from one perspective to another.  No one on earth is stagnant.  Change can be a form of seeking.  Seeking spirituality is another story.  Seeking truth - well perhaps their truth is just not as pretty as others' truth?  We all change in life - is not an option.  Consciously seeking with this change is an option.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2007 - 2:57PM #32
Tiaan
I believe the only way forward with, gratitude and joy realising that we are all One with GOD and that there are no separation. Incompasing all religions on earth without judging anyone.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 23, 2007 - 10:22AM #33
spiritalk
Spirituality & Practices - Esoteric Practices - Spiritualism

When you look here does it resonate with the spirituality best strived for in Spiritualism?  Is there room for discussion?

Unfortunately what is practiced is not the intent of the founders - and isn't this true in all practices?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 21, 2007 - 12:33AM #34
GaiasChild
[QUOTE=hithrael;860]Since its been a while since this question has been batted around,

"What does Holistic Spirituality, or Spiritual but not Religious mean to you?"

~N[/QUOTE]
Holistic Spirituality is actually a new phrase to me, but I think I like it. :o) I think it has to do with drawing into your life threads of inspiration from throughout your entire life experience to inform and grow your spiritual center. For me as a "spiritual but not religious" person, the phrase Holistic Spirituality fits quite well since I choose to allow myself the freedom to seek and find inspiration and "soul food" from whatever source may come my way. I don't want to be limited and the idea of holism speaks to that.

Interesting thread!

Sarah
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 21, 2007 - 10:16AM #35
spiritalk
There are certainly no right or wrong answers with spirituality - no judgements.  One size does not fit all in religion and accepting others in all their glory, will be what makes us in a better world.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 21, 2007 - 4:08PM #36
Bob_Bennett
Hi

"Spiritual but not religious" for me means that I study spiritual writings on my own, but do not attend organized religious gatherings.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 1:33PM #37
dreamhealth
Bnet is an organized religion. It settles on what is proper, if broad, and it is organized. People who are looking for the like-minded are entering organized religion. I am FOR organized religion, have been severely hurt by it, but also upheld and healed, and enriched by it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2007 - 8:47AM #38
spiritalk
Good point dream - while we exclaim our spirituality without religion, we are joining in religion by the act of bnet (and other sites of spirituality) on the internet.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 25, 2007 - 8:07PM #39
Synerjyz
I am so glad you brought the subject back to the forefront Sarah. It's a decent question for pondering.

Holistic Spirituality is the label most often used to identify a set of beliefs centering around the whole of our experience, where science, spirit, God and human behavior are all addressed as a connected phenomenon, rather than opposed to each other.

Much the same way that the label Christian is used to identify a set beliefs centered around Jesus Christ and his teachings.

Labels are great. They make it easier to find things and people. All religions serve to label and identify a set of beliefs or doctrines making it easier for people to gather with people like them.

I think the phrase 'Spiritual but not religious' is our modern way saying  "Don't label me but I'm not a hethurn, I believe!" teehehehe

"I don't fit neatly into any one little box of beliefs" and
"I believe in something bigger than just what we see, belief in spirit but without the need to subscribe to the predetermined sets, do/don'ts and what have you's."   
Religious practices and doctrines are a bit too small for God I think, perhaps that's why there are so many because God is just to huge to be contained by any one SET of truths.

I've never found a religion, even new age, new thought or Bnet, that is big enough to contain God, nor have I found a religion that describes what I really practice as my spiritual pursuits. So I just stay flexible and feed my soul where ever God is & I find God is everywhere!

That's spiritual without being committed to a religion.
Blessings & Thanks for reading this little expression.
Talk back - I'd love to hear more thoughts on this.
Syn
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 26, 2007 - 9:54AM #40
spiritalk
Do we have to consider that if God fits into this particular religion then he does not fit elsewhere?  That is exclusionism again.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 13  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook