Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Who thought this was a good idea?
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 10:35AM #1
Jasr

Does his campaign staff not remember what happened the last time we believed people who talked about a "new American century?"

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 10:40AM #2
looshawn

More stuff to dig up and spin for anti-republican crap...

Moderated by Merope on Oct 29, 2015 - 11:55AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 10:42AM #3
Jasr

I dodn't have to dig up anything. It showed up right on this site.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 10:43AM #4
Druac

LOL

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 10:57AM #5
mecdukebec
Chickenhawks need another war: PNAC encore.

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 2:30PM #6
rabello

THAT is scary

Black Lives Matter
Muslim Lives Matter
There is no such thing as "illegals"
LGBT Lives Matter
Poor Women's Lives Matter

"If we jump too quickly to the universal formulation, 'all lives matter,' then we miss the fact that black people have not yet been included in the idea of 'all lives.'"

--Professor Judith Butler
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 9:41PM #7
F1fan

The "new" American century is 15 years old.  Or am I missing something?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 12:31AM #8
mountain_man

Could he be referring to the old Project for the New American Century ? The conservative "think tank" (that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one) that basically planned the Iraq invasion and occupation years before 9/11.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.   Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 8:42AM #9
Jasr

Oct 30, 2015 -- 12:31AM, mountain_man wrote:

Could he be referring to the old Project for the New American Century ? The conservative "think tank" (that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one) that basically planned the Iraq invasion and occupation years before 9/11.

That is exactly what I was referring to.

Rubio's handlers are either ignorant of history...even recent history...or they actually think destroying Iraq was a good idea and Rubio should run on it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 9:13AM #10
mecdukebec
His dad is a Christian Dominionist and says God wants his son to be President.  Sound familiar?  PNAC runs on the same juice; Chickenhawks can cozy up to military action ..  Again... And the fundagelicals lap this stuff up.

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook