Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Who thought this was a good idea?
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 9:19AM #11
Jasr

Oct 30, 2015 -- 9:13AM, mecdukebec wrote:

His dad is a Christian Dominionist and says God wants his son to be President. Sound familiar?

Might you have him mixed up with that other son of Cuban immigrants? The one who was born in Canada?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 9:34AM #12
mecdukebec
Yes..I believe I didl.  Nothing good comes out of Canada...unless Francophone...et bluet.

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 9:52AM #13
Jasr

Oct 30, 2015 -- 9:34AM, mecdukebec wrote:

Yes..I believe I didl. Nothing good comes out of Canada...unless Francophone...et bluet.

I would amend that...nothing good comes out of Alberta.

All they have to offer is really dirty oil and far-right wingnut politicians.

As for francophone Canada...mostly good...but then there's poutine.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 11:02AM #14
Find1Answer

Oct 30, 2015 -- 9:52AM, Jasr wrote:

Yes..I believe I didl. Nothing good comes out of Canada...unless Francophone...et bluet.

I would amend that...nothing good comes out of Alberta.

All they have to offer is really dirty oil and far-right wingnut politicians.

As for francophone Canada...mostly good...but then there's poutine.

you two and your poutine.    

Human nature leads people to put each other in neat boxes. Some put all women into one category, even though Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton both exist. Black Lives Matter activists are arrested for civil disobedience nationwide, but we talk about “the black vote” as though Republican Ben Carson isn’t running for president and conservative Clarence Thomas isn’t a justice of the Supreme Court.

The Right Wing and the Left Wing come from the same bird.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 11:57AM #15
Jasr

Poutine is a plot hatched to counterract the positive effects of single payer health care. One plate increases your chances of a debilitating heart attack by a significant percentage.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 4:51PM #16
Do_unto_others

Oct 30, 2015 -- 11:57AM, Jasr wrote:

Poutine is a plot hatched to counterract the positive effects of single payer health care. One plate increases your chances of a debilitating heart attack by a significant percentage.

Here in Hamilton (yes, Hamilton), there's a new 'Poutinerie' opening next week. Too bad I'll be ensconced in La Florida for the winter. My arteries could use a good hardening.

;{O)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 4:52PM #17
Do_unto_others

Et les Habs, non?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook