Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View GOP Debate in Colorado
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 9:29PM #11
F1fan

Oct 29, 2015 -- 3:40PM, looshawn wrote:

Oct 29, 2015 -- 2:07PM, Midutch wrote:

Oct 29, 2015 -- 1:03PM, looshawn wrote:

CNBC monitors flopped big time on this debate.

The debate was supposed be on the ecomomy ...

The economy's doing reasonably well. Low unemployment, low inflation, reasonably steady growth, manufacturing up, etc.. What were they going to ask questions about? What are they going to say? That it's all Obama's fault?

Regardless of how well you think the economy may be doing, the debate topic was supposed be about the economy. The moderators chose otherwise.

They did.  Big fail.

They should have pushed harder on tax plans.  But as it all candidates except Kasich (who actually pointed it out) had plans that were disasters and unrealistic.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 9:36PM #12
F1fan

The debate did show that neither Bush brothers are very savvy thinkers.  Jeb stood there like a deer in the headlights.  I doubt Marco is much better, but he surely has a better, more savvy-thinking staff that trained him better over the issue of Marco getting a paycheck and not working for it.

What Jeb should have said back is that since Marco is a Tea Party darling and he ran against excessive and wasteful spending of government, then HE (Marco) should act with higher standard than McCain and Obama who are part of the status quo.  Those two never attacked the government on wasteful spending like Marco.  Yet there's little "pretty boy" Marco, with a voice of a teenage kid a few weeks from puberty, sayinng government wastes too much money.  Then marco should resign so a person can do the job he's collecting money for not doing.

See how easy that is?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 9:50PM #13
Stardove

Politifact Fact Needle Permanently Damaged After CNBC GOP Debate

Fact-checking website Politifact is reporting today that the GOP debate that took place on CNBC this week has “permanently damaged” the rating needle they use to judge truth versus falsehood, and it the time of publication they do not have an estimate for when it will be repaired.

See more information at the link.  I double dog dare the GOP members to click the link. Wink

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 11:50PM #14
F1fan

I don't think conservatives care about truth and lies.  I think they are more interested in ideals and ideology.  I suspect they will justify lies for the sake of the "greater good" that conservative candidates supposedly stand for.  the dilemma is what exactly do they stand for that helps Americans?

They aren't fiscal conservatives, they are as fiscally liberal as democrats, just spend on different things.  Even the Tea Party aren't fiscal conservatives.  If they were they'd be demanding Rubio stop collecting a check for not working.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 7:42AM #15
Midutch

Oct 29, 2015 -- 11:50PM, F1fan wrote:

I don't think conservatives care about truth and lies.  I think they are more interested in ideals and ideology.  I suspect they will justify lies for the sake of the "greater good" that conservative candidates supposedly stand for.

If you have to constantly lie for your ideal "greater good", then that "greater good" is hugely suspect.

Am I the only one who finds it very odd that so many right wing conservatives have to completely ignore the "thou shallt not bear false witness" commandment that so many of them supposedly adhere to in order to bring their "vision for America and the world" to light?

"creationism" ... 2000+ years worth of ABYSMAL FAILURE ... and proud of it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 10:08AM #16
looshawn

Oct 29, 2015 -- 9:50PM, Stardove wrote:

Politifact Fact Needle Permanently Damaged After CNBC GOP Debate

Fact-checking website Politifact is reporting today that the GOP debate that took place on CNBC this week has “permanently damaged” the rating needle they use to judge truth versus falsehood, and it the time of publication they do not have an estimate for when it will be repaired.

See more information at the link.  I double dog dare the GOP members to click the link.

Well Star, I actually read both of the articles you provided (this one and the other from your post #8) and while both may want to scream "fact-checking" to "prove" that the debate was about the GOP, neither so-called "fact" site provided us with the list of questions that were addressed to the candidates from all the moderators.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 2:21PM #17
Find1Answer

I am tired of gotcha questions too.   They should make it a round robin and whoever wins via poll moves on.    It would be great to see if the dream team moderators just traded talking points with each other or if they would try to rout the tea party from the corporatists.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.), who had a breakthrough moment in the debate railing against the moderators’ insulting questions, did afollow-up interview with Fox News anchor Bret Baier and reiterated a pretty good suggestion about the debate structure. Cruz asked why the Republican National Committee doesn’t plan at least one debate with Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Mark Levin as moderators. Well, that’s not a bad idea. 

www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partis...

Human nature leads people to put each other in neat boxes. Some put all women into one category, even though Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton both exist. Black Lives Matter activists are arrested for civil disobedience nationwide, but we talk about “the black vote” as though Republican Ben Carson isn’t running for president and conservative Clarence Thomas isn’t a justice of the Supreme Court.

The Right Wing and the Left Wing come from the same bird.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 2:24PM #18
Stardove

Good for you Looshawn for checking the links.  Smile

Here is a "I'll take all my marbles and go home now" moment in time.

From CNN: 

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus sent a letter to NBC News saying the GOP is "suspending the partnership" with the network for a February debate.

Priebus, who made his letter public on social media, wrote that the CNBC debate "was conducted in bad faith" with a series of "gotcha" questions.

The partnership was suspended "pending further discussion between the RNC and our presidential campaigns," according to Priebus.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 3:36PM #19
TENAC
I think Preibus should be fired for having it scheduled in the first place with cnbc
Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 4:48PM #20
Do_unto_others

Oct 30, 2015 -- 3:36PM, TENAC wrote:

I think Preibus should be fired for having it scheduled in the first place with cnbc

You had me at "I think Preibus should be fired".

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook