Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Farewell Thread
1 year ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 10:14PM #41
F1fan

Oct 30, 2015 -- 10:16AM, vra wrote:

I still can't believe BNet's shutting down as this site used to be the largest religious discussion site in the world.  I don't know how many years I've been here, but let me just say thanks to all here as I actually have learned a lot over the years.  Yes, even at 70, I still am a student.  

Take care.

Dang 70?  I thought you were in your 30's.  I always liked your posts because you were so measured in your tone like a true wise man.  Hard to believe the Titanic is almost beneath the waves.  We last few survivors hollding on to the last, eh?

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 10:18PM #42
F1fan

Oct 30, 2015 -- 4:03PM, Erey wrote:

I would like for us all to go ENMASS  together to another message board.

LOL, we show up and continue arguing, and all the regulars say "Who the fuck are these people?"

Even those of you I vehemetly spar with (you know who you are).  

Who said what?

Not everyone wants to go all fistacuffs with me and it is fun to be able to do that a couple of times a week.

Let me peer pressure those of you who are not sure they want to keep message boarding.

I think you are close to moving towards being a liberal.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 10:56PM #43
Stardove

I'll just share no one (except maybe Community Manager) know how many times I have had to get up and walk away from my computer due to being upset, angry or plain mad at what I was reading.  If I found myself upset I knew it was time to walk away. 

Being a host and Community Moderator it was expected to model and be an example to members of how to post.  This is not always an easy thing to do on such a hot topics forum like USNP.  I gave it my best and attempted to follow the ROCs in my moderation. 

At times, I've said I will not miss this, but the truth is I am going to miss being at the Community. 

Here is what I really wanted to say at times: 

D#$%^& B&**#$ %&%& and F%** off.  Tongue Out

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 12:08AM #44
solfeggio

I think you've been a great moderator, Stardove, and a really terrific human being as well.

You've always been fair and impartial, and that counts for a lot.

Also, aside from being a moderator, you've always seemed like a very interesting person in 'real life.'

Smile

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 12:59AM #45
Stardove

Thanks solfeggio,

I can say life has been an interesting ride, and now I am going to have a lot more time to figure out what I want to do when I grow up.  Wink

I don't think I will go back to mental health, because I was so happy to retire.

I'll probably play more with the little grand-baby. I always drag my laptop when I visit with daughter and family to host. It's hard to believe my oldest grandson is now in college and his sister will be in high school next year.  I was already hosting at site before she was born.

Time flies when you are having fun! 

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 1:45PM #46
Girlchristian

Oct 30, 2015 -- 10:56PM, Stardove wrote:

I'll just share no one (except maybe Community Manager) know how many times I have had to get up and walk away from my computer due to being upset, angry or plain mad at what I was reading.  If I found myself upset I knew it was time to walk away. 

Being a host and Community Moderator it was expected to model and be an example to members of how to post.  This is not always an easy thing to do on such a hot topics forum like USNP.  I gave it my best and attempted to follow the ROCs in my moderation. 

At times, I've said I will not miss this, but the truth is I am going to miss being at the Community. 

Here is what I really wanted to say at times: 

D#$%^& B&**#$ %&%& and F%** off. 

LOL, being a moderator did keep my own responses in check. :-)

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 2:02PM #47
Ironhold

I can't remember when I first came here; it was somewhere around 2003 or 2004, and I was using the exact same username. 

I recall that back then we had issues with some of the site admins and moderators not actually wanting to monitor the site, resulting in some boards being war zones as people flagrantly ignored the rules in order to bash each other. Things got so bad at one point that I actually left for a few months. 

The place had a major change in leadership, with new administrators in place, but by then the damage was already done. Things just got so bad that a lot of forums began to dwindle as the posters fled; they were simply tired of all the fighting, arguments, and ugliness. Given this, I guess the current situation was simply inevitable. 

That being said, however, I've still invested a good 12 - 13 years to this site, and so it'll be different without it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 3:11PM #48
Fodaoson

Its been fun  but someone is turning out the lights 

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 3:16PM #49
Ironhold

Oct 31, 2015 -- 3:11PM, Fodaoson wrote:

Its been fun  but someone is turning out the lights 

Yep, I guess they are.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 3:19PM #50
Stardove

---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook