Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Personal Thanks to Rangerken
2 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2015 - 12:47PM #1
JRoadrunner

As we head into the last week of BNET here I want to express my personal thanks to Rangerken for all his years of moderating.

I think I speak on behalf of most of the other regulars here: All the best to you, Ken. 

Moderated by Merope on Oct 25, 2015 - 11:14PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2015 - 1:31PM #2
BDboy

All the best RK!!

Thanks for your time in B-net.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2015 - 3:42PM #3
rocketjsquirell

Oct 25, 2015 -- 12:47PM, JRoadrunner wrote:

As we head into the last week of BNET here I want to express my personal thanks to Rangerken for all his years of moderating.
I think I speak on behalf of most of the other regulars here: All the best to you, Ken. 

+1,000,000

Thanks Ranger Ken, you did an excellent job and tried to be fair at all times.

You are one of the people here on B'net I am going to miss. 

Moderated by Merope on Oct 25, 2015 - 11:14PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2015 - 3:55AM #4
Ibn

Oct 25, 2015 -- 12:47PM, JRoadrunner wrote:

+1,000,001

Thank you for helping me and the others, and you were certainly fair with all. Whether for or against on any issue in these forums, we were all a community. I am going to miss the whole community. At least I have the BNet T shirt to keep the memory about the community going as long as I live. 

Best wishes to all on this board.

Ibn

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
(Winston Churchill)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2015 - 8:31AM #5
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Although my discussions with RK were long ago. I wish well to all! Kiss

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 10:45AM #6
JRoadrunner

To Rangerken:

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 11:15PM #7
habesor

Ranger Ken,

In my opinion you did a great job as moderator. If you are ever in my neighborhood please feel free to drop in for a visit. Have a look at my last message, which I will post shortly, to find out where I live.

Habesor

Habesor
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 12:02AM #8
Shusha

I would also like to add my personal thanks to Ken.  Not only a fine moderator, but he trained me as host when I volunteered for that aspect of my time here at BNet and helped me understand part of the delicacies of that task.  

A toast to you, my friend.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 1:49PM #9
JRoadrunner

I could infer through Rangerken's moderation here how good a commander he must have been. A commander has a lot of diverse, often hot-headed individuals under his command whom he has to keep in line, happy and working as a unit. Ken kept the conversation in line, but could send you a message to keep your cool in a way that was not demeaning or insulting. To the contrary, it was motivational; it motivated you to hold back, because you had confidence that he was in charge and knew what he was doing. That's what made him so great. 

Truly Ken, it's been a pleasure. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 10:10PM #10
rangerken

Good bye, Good luck, and God, or Allah, or Jaweh as may be appropriate, bless you all. It's been an honor and a privilege.

Rangerken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook