Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 19 of 19  •  Prev 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19
Switch to Forum Live View Epigenetics and Male Sexual Orientation
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 4:47PM #181
Erey

Oct 30, 2015 -- 4:40PM, MMarcoe wrote:

Oct 30, 2015 -- 2:21PM, Aka_me wrote:

Oct 30, 2015 -- 2:11PM, mindis1 wrote:

In Paris these days you can’t really find an actual gay bar--they’re all “mixed” now. It’s passe to divide these establishments according to the binary

been to Le Marais?

Fortunately for the gay tourist, the main gay nightlife is concentrated in one area, Le Marais. Most gay bars, clubs and gay saunas can be found in the 3rd and 4th arrondissement.

I've been reading about how "lesbian spaces" are disappearing. Apparently they are assimilating.

Isn't that the ultimate goal? That we all assimilate?

Yes I guess it might be.

But I think why gay bars survive and lesbian bars fail is interesting.   Apparently lesbians are not great customers,  not great tippers and are kind of mean to male bartenders.   Basically,  it is not good business to invest in a lesbian bar.  But gay bars can bring in the bucks.

Apparently there is not even a lesbian bar in SanFrancisco.  Still quite a few male gay bars.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 5:05PM #182
MMarcoe

Oct 30, 2015 -- 4:47PM, Erey wrote:

In Paris these days you can’t really find an actual gay bar--they’re all “mixed” now. It’s passe to divide these establishments according to the binary

been to Le Marais?

Fortunately for the gay tourist, the main gay nightlife is concentrated in one area, Le Marais. Most gay bars, clubs and gay saunas can be found in the 3rd and 4th arrondissement.

I've been reading about how "lesbian spaces" are disappearing. Apparently they are assimilating.

Yes I guess it might be.

But I think why gay bars survive and lesbian bars fail is interesting.   Apparently lesbians are not great customers,  not great tippers and are kind of mean to male bartenders.   Basically,  it is not good business to invest in a lesbian bar.  But gay bars can bring in the bucks.

Apparently there is not even a lesbian bar in SanFrancisco.  Still quite a few male gay bars.

I had no idea.

I guess I'll stay out of the lesbian bars. I don't want to get whacked in the head with someone's dildo.

1. Extremists think that thinking means agreeing with them.
2. There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.
3. God is the original nothingness of the universe.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 5:15PM #183
Erey

Oct 30, 2015 -- 5:05PM, MMarcoe wrote:

Oct 30, 2015 -- 4:47PM, Erey wrote:

been to Le Marais?

Yes I guess it might be.

I had no idea.

I guess I'll stay out of the lesbian bars. I don't want to get whacked in the head with someone's dildo.

If you can even find a lesbian bar.    I think the thing is now for all kinds of dating but esp homosexual and most esp lesbian is social media.   Social media has kind of dampened the whole bar/dating scene.   

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 7:54PM #184
Stardove

It's been so long I had to Google the name.  Years ago I went to Sue Ellen's with some of my daughters and their friends. There was only one lesbian with us....that I know of.

Sue Ellen’s ~ Named after the character in the ’80s TV series Dallas, Sue Ellen’s is the most popular dyke bar in Dallas, thanks to a cheap cover, nightly drink specials and live music on the weekends. The crowd is casually dressed, a wide range of ages and almost entirely women, though my gay boyfriend swears he didn’t feel uncomfortable there. 

I can't remember the exact occasion (the why), but we had a good time (I'm sure).  I love to dance and we danced.  There were a number of lesbian bars in Dallas TX when I searched.

I met my son-in-law Stephen before my daughter, Roxanne who married him.  First time he saw Roxanne and me dancing he thought we were a gay couple. We still laugh about that one!

Now I will say what might have given him that impression was I was always dancing with my girlfriends.  Being a  married woman dancing with my girlfriends was better than dancing with other men.  I was out with friends at the same bar, The Pig & Whistle in downtown Fort Worth after having a meeting on Friday nights.  It became a Cheers Bar for me.  It closed and I miss those good times with friends.

In Closing: Not everyone has sex, but everyone has a sex. Tongue Out

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 8:02PM #185
Stardove

One more thought.  I did love The L Word series!!!

Wonder what that says?    Innocent

I do have a number of gay friends and have been there for a couple when no one else was there is help them.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 19 of 19  •  Prev 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook