Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Trump would use nuclear weapons ISIS
2 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2015 - 1:08AM #1
Fodaoson

Trump suggested he would deploy nuclear submarines with trident missiles to the Middle east to use n against ISIS. The trident is a multiple warhead thermonuclear missile. Each trident has the explosive power of 70 times the Hiroshima bomb.   Even suggesting he might use them in the ISIS situation is asinine and irresponsible.

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2015 - 1:19AM #2
solfeggio

One military analyst, Paul Mansour, has said that using thermonuclear weapons against a Syrian city would result in an enormous number of innocent people being killed.  And, he added, 'it would set diplomacy and stability in the region back at least a hundred years.'

realnewsrightnow.com/2015/08/10/trump-i-...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2015 - 1:29AM #3
nnsecu
It is asinine to say that kind of war mongering crap.

I also think it is asinine to think Obama does not already have a few subs chugging below the waves in the Med armed with those same missiles waiting his order should he issue it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2015 - 1:36AM #4
solfeggio

'War mongering crap'? 

You honestly don't think the Donald wouldn't use nuclear weapons against any nation if the spirit moved him?

You honestly don't think that he is probably hoping that he'll win the presidency just so that he can make war?

For some reason, the lunatic right-wing fringe always think being a wartime president is the way to glory.

The only time it actually worked was during WWII.  But, then, FDR wasn't elected as a wartime president to begin with, so it wasn't really the same thing.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2015 - 1:46AM #5
Aka_me

if not isis... it'll be crimea, and I fully believe he will.

I dream in my lifetime uhmericans will come to realize hezbollah, hamas, and isis gain followers by helping society AND the only way to defeat them is to perform greater good.

the average person is 8 times more likely to be murdered by a cop than a radical terrorist
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2015 - 1:48AM #6
Fodaoson

Sep 9, 2015 -- 1:29AM, nnsecu wrote:

It is asinine to say that kind of war mongering crap. I also think it is asinine to think Obama does not already have a few subs chugging below the waves in the Med armed with those same missiles waiting his order should he issue it.

The current submarines in the middle east   are carrying non-nuclear tomahawk cruise missiles, They have  launched missiles( non-nuclear) during Desert storm an operation Iraqi freedom.   Four Ohio class submarines have been converted to submarine launched cruise missile  carriers   

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2015 - 10:07AM #7
Midutch

It is asinine to say that kind of war mongering crap. I also think it is asinine to think Obama does not already have a few subs chugging below the waves in the Med armed with those same missiles waiting his order should he issue it.

And your evidence for this is?

Other than the delusions your extreme dislike of Obama creates, of course.

"creationism" ... 2000+ years worth of ABYSMAL FAILURE ... and proud of it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2015 - 10:11AM #8
amcolph

Sep 9, 2015 -- 10:07AM, Midutch wrote:

Other than the delusions your extreme dislike of Obama creates, of course.

No, I think given the Conservative mindset, nnsecu's comment is really by way of being complimentary.

Wink

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2015 - 10:21AM #9
Do_unto_others

Sep 9, 2015 -- 1:19AM, solfeggio wrote:

One military analyst, Paul Mansour, has said that using thermonuclear weapons against a Syrian city would result in an enormous number of innocent people being killed.  And, he added, 'it would set diplomacy and stability in the region back at least a hundred years.'

realnewsrightnow.com/2015/08/10/trump-i-...

Jeez, not only do the frightwing want to "take their country back" decades, they want to take the Middle East back centuries (not unlike the would-be caliphates).

The party of warmongers MUST be stopped.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2015 - 10:23AM #10
Do_unto_others

It is asinine to say that kind of war mongering crap.

And yet, the ASS-inine would be GOP President DOES say "that kind of war mongering crap" - and he LEADS the polls.

The GOP has some 'splainin' to do.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook