Post Reply
Page 13 of 15  •  Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next
Switch to Forum Live View South Carolina Christian School Fourth Grade Science Quiz
8 months ago  ::  Jan 21, 2014 - 3:42PM #121
Druac
Posts: 11,554

Jan 21, 2014 -- 3:27PM, Stardove wrote:


iFrame Removed





I just threw up in my mouth a little bit

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
---------------------------------------------
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
---------------------------------------------
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 months ago  ::  Jan 21, 2014 - 3:44PM #122
Stardove
Posts: 15,294

Jan 21, 2014 -- 3:18PM, 3neez wrote:


Jan 21, 2014 -- 2:47PM, jaydog53177 wrote:

Why is the school catching all the flack? The same departments tasked with education failed in this cazse where is the outcry over that



The "Flack" is about a closed school. How inane is that?


There is still a website for the school.


Blue Ridge Christian Academy



Recent controversy sparks new hope for Upstate Christian school


The hope was short lived and the school closed


If nothing else the links above proves the test was real.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 months ago  ::  Jan 21, 2014 - 3:45PM #123
Stardove
Posts: 15,294

Jan 21, 2014 -- 3:42PM, Druac wrote:


Jan 21, 2014 -- 3:27PM, Stardove wrote:


iFrame Removed




I just threw up in my mouth a little bit



Sorry... Sealed

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 months ago  ::  Jan 21, 2014 - 3:47PM #124
3neez
Posts: 8,720

Jan 21, 2014 -- 3:09PM, Jasr wrote:


Jan 21, 2014 -- 1:14PM, 3neez wrote:


Well, if the "Point" is make South Carolina look backward because of a test on creationism, then show where it's the ONLY SCIENCE taught there.




Well the school has now closed for lack of interest, which I suppose speaks well for North Carolinians.


You're in the wrong State. Was Geography taught in your school?


But in response to your obsessive questioning about whether creationism was taught and science was not, the response is, that even is real science is taught, it does not undo the damage to the children's understanding of the scientific method. Creationism is deliberately destructive of any concept of scientific method.


Not obsessive at all so put that cowpie back under your hat. That's NOT the "Point". You can't prove damn thing I've asked about and now your typical "Duh..." abstract form of discussion takes over.  Duh....


Jan 21, 2014 -- 1:14PM, 3neez wrote:


If the "Point" is to make Americans look backward for allowing creationism to be taught in private schools at all; The point that our closest neighbor does also shouldn't be dismissed. 


If the "Point" is that they may recieve government funding, Canada does too. 


Comparison only for open minds. Just forget it.




Well your CCEF link certainly does not mention this. Come to think of it there is no indication that the CCEF even embraces creationism.


Wrong. You'll have to do that for self as I can't do it for you. And don't start with your Rules BS because you've still to bring your proof that this school got Gub vouchers As you claimed.


But I sincerely doubt private religious schools which fail to meet curriculum requirements (very strict in Canada) would get any government dollars to teach anything but real science.


You can believe what you like. Why change your fluster-bluster tactics now? 


Jan 21, 2014 -- 1:14PM, 3neez wrote:


If the "Point" is that this school is now closed because of this startling douche-bag revelation, Canada has schools opening that DO NOT show Scientific Evolution on their current curriculum.




I went to both private and public schools in Quebec...graduated high school there and did a year of CEGEP. You don't get a high school diploma in Quebec unless you pass provincial exams in all key subjects including mainstream science classes.


Good.


This is true whether you are in public or private school.


Wrong.


Jan 21, 2014 -- 1:14PM, 3neez wrote:


So then, Creationism is taught in both countries in private Christian schools. That's easy math so far..... heh? 




No, it is not, at least not in accredited schools.


Wrong again.


Jan 21, 2014 -- 1:14PM, 3neez wrote:


So then, with everything considered "One test in a tiny South Carolina Christian school IS the sum total of your argument". 




Do you honestly think that this is the only school in the US of A where creationism is taught?


No, but that's not what this OP is about.


And what about efforts to insert creationism in taxpayer-funded charter schools in Texas?


Texas and South Carolina are two different States.


Jan 21, 2014 -- 1:14PM, 3neez wrote:


Now show where this Creation Science Quiz is the only Science taught there. Canada can.





Creation science (sic) is actually damaging to the basic real science curriculum.


Wrong. When they're taught alongside, it can be very beneficial. Total experience counts.


And you seem to know nothing about Canada that you have not learned from a single website supporting a network of Christian schools that for all you know teach real science instead of creationism.


Wrong again. I gave three which is two more than one. Did they forget Math as well as Geography?


The Catholic school I attended in Canada certainly taught real science.


Good.




Great post.

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid." - Ricky Gervais

“In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 months ago  ::  Jan 21, 2014 - 3:48PM #125
amcolph
Posts: 17,384

Jan 21, 2014 -- 3:25PM, 3neez wrote:



A private school can add any class or extra course they damn well please.


Except they didn't.


Prove it. And if one quiz proves a point, bring one.



I don't care.  There is no evidence that they did and it is not the usual practice at the elementary level.


You are apparently hot to prove that the teaching of creationism at Blue Ridge is some kind of anomaly.


That's a losing proposition, Slick.  



What makes you think Patheos is an atheist website?


Because I actually looked.



So did I.  What I found was a religion-friendly site started by a couple of Christians.  Not Fundamentalist Christians of course--maybe that means "atheist" to you.


You said it wasn't non-denominational. I showed you where it was. Bring something that says it isn't.




Their mission statement, framed in terms that would be strange or even actually repugnant to Traditional Christians.


Give it up.  I've lived in the Bible Belt and know what that kind of 'non-denominational' is--it does not include Methodists, Presbyterians, Lutherans, Episcopalians, Roman Catholics, Oriental Orthodox (uniate and otherwise) Copts, Armenians, Syriacs, Chaldeans, Nestorians nor any of the other "Bible-hating Christ-deniers" too numerous to mention.

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 months ago  ::  Jan 21, 2014 - 4:29PM #126
3neez
Posts: 8,720

Jan 21, 2014 -- 3:48PM, amcolph wrote:


Jan 21, 2014 -- 3:25PM, 3neez wrote:



A private school can add any class or extra course they damn well please.


Except they didn't.


Prove it. And if one quiz proves a point, bring one.



I don't care.  There is no evidence that they did and it is not the usual practice at the elementary level.


You are apparently hot to prove that the teaching of creationism at Blue Ridge is some kind of anomaly.


That's a losing proposition, Slick.  



What makes you think Patheos is an atheist website?


Because I actually looked.



So did I.  What I found was a religion-friendly site started by a couple of Christians.  Not Fundamentalist Christians of course--maybe that means "atheist" to you.


Wrong. The site says "Friendl atheist" smack dab right there on the Homepage. I'll just stick to what it says rather than "wonder".


You said it wasn't non-denominational. I showed you where it was. Bring something that says it isn't.




Their mission statement, framed in terms that would be strange or even actually repugnant to Traditional Christians.


That's YOUR opinion.


 Give it up.  I've lived in the Bible Belt and know what that kind of 'non-denominational' is--it does not include Methodists, Presbyterians, Lutherans, Episcopalians, Roman Catholics, Oriental Orthodox (uniate and otherwise) Copts, Armenians, Syriacs, Chaldeans, Nestorians nor any of the other "Bible-hating Christ-deniers" too numerous to mention.


Give it up? I am Born and Raised South/Bible Belt. Your OPINION of "non-denominational" is so far out there as to be a BAD OPINION. and you know what the old saying about OPINIONS is......




give it up......    meh

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid." - Ricky Gervais

“In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 months ago  ::  Jan 21, 2014 - 4:58PM #127
amcolph
Posts: 17,384

Jan 21, 2014 -- 4:29PM, 3neez wrote:



So did I.  What I found was a religion-friendly site started by a couple of Christians.  Not Fundamentalist Christians of course--maybe that means "atheist" to you.


Wrong. The site says "Friendl atheist" smack dab right there on the Homepage. I'll just stick to what it says rather than "wonder".



Not on the one I'm looking at:


www.patheos.com/





Their mission statement, framed in terms that would be strange or even actually repugnant to Traditional Christians.


That's YOUR opinion.



My informed opinion as a Traditional Christian.


Give it up? I am Born and Raised South/Bible Belt. Your OPINION of "non-denominational" is so far out there as to be a BAD OPINION. and you know what the old saying about OPINIONS is......




It's my experience.  Bitter experience.  Where I lived, for instance, it was considered good sport to set dogs on JW canvassers and some were seriously injured.  The Sheriff looked the other way.  They were just "atheists," of course--just like anyone else who didn't "believe the Bible."  Any non-Fundy who has lived in the rural South has hosts of similar accounts.


Their spokespersons tell the same story:


"You say you're supposed to be nice to the Episcopalians and the Presbyterians and the Methodists and this, that, and the other thing. Nonsense. I don't have to be nice to the spirit of the AntiChrist."


--The Rev. Pat Robertson



This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 months ago  ::  Jan 21, 2014 - 9:30PM #128
Do_unto_others
Posts: 8,650

Sneez,



I just went to Patheos.com too and it certainly is a Christian site. Where are you getting the "atheist" stuff? Link us please - we're interested.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 months ago  ::  Jan 21, 2014 - 10:12PM #129
3neez
Posts: 8,720

Jan 21, 2014 -- 9:30PM, Do_unto_others wrote:


Sneez,



I just went to Patheos.com too and it certainly is a Christian site. Where are you getting the "atheist" stuff? Link us please - we're interested.




We who? 


If you all had bothered to look at the link I posted, you would have seen it. OK, not THE home page, atheist homeage of the site. 


Check out post 109, it's right there where it is was 7 hours ago. I couldn't have changed it because it's quoted in post 112 about 15 minutes later.


You know, you guys are such particular group for the most infinite and minute detail to bail on. It's OK that for all the crap posted about xtianis and Bronze Age beliefs and just what ever fleabag perjorative that can be thrown....... AND you can't prove science is't taught, but when the link is right there in front of your faces twice you guys get tripped up over a homepage?!?! Really?


Bless y'alls hearts.

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid." - Ricky Gervais

“In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 months ago  ::  Jan 21, 2014 - 11:55PM #130
Stardove
Posts: 15,294

www.patheos.com/ is a faith base site. The header says, Hosting the conversation on faith.


The confusion comes from the site linked about the test.  The blogger was an atheist at that site.


Click the link!

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 13 of 15  •  Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook