Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 14 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
Switch to Forum Live View Atheist Activists’ Big Legal Win
4 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2013 - 4:33PM #131
SeraphimR

Dec 14, 2013 -- 4:21PM, TemplarS wrote:

Dec 14, 2013 -- 9:18AM, LittleByLittle wrote:

Interesting point... how will "he" be represented?

Nothing new there.  Michelangelo faced the same problem with his God, who is assuredly not an old guy with a grey beard.

At least Muslims don't have that problem.

The old guy with a grey beard is the Ancient of Days, usually identified with God the Father in Catholicism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_of_Days

“So long as there is squalor in the world, those obsessed with social justice feel obliged not only to live in it themselves but also to spread it evenly.”

http://takimag.com/article/the_ugly_truth_theodore_dalrymple
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2013 - 5:21PM #132
Ebon

Dec 14, 2013 -- 1:08PM, mountain_man wrote:

Some here would consider a statue of Obama as a perfect representation.

I'd noticed that. It's just plain sad to watch even previously sensible conservatives give in to the derangement. I mean, no-one ever worshipped Obama (no matter how conservatives lie) and the guy and his administration have plenty of faults one could go after but apparently, not enough that they don't have to make shit up about him.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2013 - 12:15PM #133
LittleByLittle

Dec 14, 2013 -- 1:05PM, Ebon wrote:

Dec 14, 2013 -- 9:18AM, LittleByLittle wrote:

Interesting point... how will "he" be represented?

One of Lord Lucifer's titles is "Great Dragon" so I have a dragon statue on my altar to symbolise him. I'll admit my childlike love of dragons made that an easy decision.

We use a lot of different symbols. Like many faiths, we use the five-point star and the flame (both representing enlightenment). The Temple of Set uses a styalised representation of Set. Some use an inverted cross although I'm not a big fan of that as I think it's disrespectful to Jesus (it's god I have an issue with, not Jesus). The goat's head is a pretty common one.

l

Thinking out loud here: Since Lucifer was once the most beautiful Angel and God's right hand, before he chose to "think for himself", wouldn't it be proper to still have wings.. to go along the the dragon theme? I also like dragons. Growing up I believed they were real..

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2013 - 3:27PM #134
rangerken

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 14 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement