Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 14 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
Switch to Forum Live View Is America the Greatest?
5 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2013 - 7:50PM #131
mountain_man

Mar 4, 2013 -- 5:25PM, d_p_m wrote:

It would seem that the only way to fix that would be to run the vote again. With paper ballots.

Our system needs quite a few repairs. One would be to have 3 days of voting, say Friday through Sunday. I chose the other option, vote by mail. We need to make voting easier, not harder.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.   Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2013 - 8:18PM #132
karbie
In the last Bush election, the disparities were so great that a few townships had more Republicans than there were residents. I use a paper ballot, which are available upon request/necessity at polling places. My son said that none of his friends or co-workers trust anything other than paper ballots because it's too easy to rig computers. I agree with your idea of spreading out the election days and that the least trustworthy people to set political boundaries are politicians.
It might be interesting to levy a tax on a percentage of the money PACs spend to go against the National Debt or at least make it illegal to accept funds from any source outside this country.
"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2013 - 8:23PM #133
d_p_m

Mar 4, 2013 -- 7:50PM, mountain_man wrote:

Mar 4, 2013 -- 5:25PM, d_p_m wrote:

It would seem that the only way to fix that would be to run the vote again. With paper ballots.

Our system needs quite a few repairs. One would be to have 3 days of voting, say Friday through Sunday. I chose the other option, vote by mail. We need to make voting easier, not harder.

We generally have several days designated for advanced polls, weeks ahead of the main vote, and you can vote at any returning office at any time during the last three weeks or so of the campaign. By law the returning offices are open 7 days a week, 9 to 9 on most days.

There may be some form of mail ballot, I'm not sure.

"If you aren't confused by quantum physics, you haven't really understood it."
― Niels Bohr

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."
-- Albert Einstein

"If one is going to engage with the primordial forces of darkness, one must expect a bit of social awkwardness."
-- Penny Dreadful, season one, episode two
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 11:48AM #134
Karma_yeshe_dorje

The Moslems proclaim that Allah is the greatest! So by comparison, claiming that of anything else--must be hubris.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 14 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook