Post Reply
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Battleground polls: Is Romney's path to the White House now more difficult?
2 years ago  ::  Sep 14, 2012 - 6:41PM #1
Druac
Posts: 11,755



Washington (CNN) -- One week past the conventions, a flood of polls have been released in crucial battleground states in the race for the White House. And some of them paint a picture that looks more favorable to President Barack Obama than to Republican nominee Mitt Romney.


The polls do have some things in common. They're all of the smaller pool of likely voters and all were conducted after the close of last week's Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina.


And several suggest that Romney's electoral path to victory on November 6 is becoming more difficult.


Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
---------------------------------------------
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
---------------------------------------------
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 14, 2012 - 9:04PM #2
christzen
Posts: 6,569
A week ago I said Obama had it all but locked up barring something drastic happening to alter things. And now something drastic is happening , so we'll see how the public reacts. I think things would already have been worse for Obama if Romney hadn't jumped the gun and looked way too eager and almost delighted to be able to try and blame Obama for the ambassadors death. I'll admit my first thought was of Carter and the hostage situation. Then Romney opened his yapper and my next reaction was " how could anyone stand to vote for this pathetic individual" . I think many Republicans were worried about the same reaction from many others by their comments.

But it looks like things are getting worse , and if there is one thing that could sidetrack the economic  focus , it would be something that involves Americans getting killed by Arabs. The stock market hit new highs today , yet this is not anywhere near the top story.

While I think Romney is less qualified to handle situations like this than Obama is , who knows how other voters feel. It is sad that the best thing to happen to the Republican candidacy may well be the death of an American ambassador , aided by the shameless politicking about that by a desperate and now provably ethically shameless Romney.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 14, 2012 - 9:13PM #3
Erey
Posts: 18,690

I have a surprise for you..........


Obama is going to win the election!


 


Unless he is caught doing something extremely outrageous.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 14, 2012 - 9:19PM #4
christzen
Posts: 6,569

Sep 14, 2012 -- 9:13PM, Erey wrote:

I have a surprise for you..........


Obama is going to win the election!


 


Unless he is caught doing something extremely outrageous.







Would not surprise me. I had him winning it a week or more ago. It just won't surprise me either if there are enough voters collectively stupid enough to buy into the stuff Romney is going to try and sell them about Obama  and the Arabs. Before long Romney and the Republicans will have Obama offering his wife and kids to the Arabs as sex slaves as part of his supposed appeasement of Muslims  , and who knows how many numbskulls will believe it? This is a nation , after all , in which something approaching 50% of the population believes in creationism and a 6000 yr old Earth

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 14, 2012 - 9:23PM #5
aarroottoonn
Posts: 3,128

Sep 14, 2012 -- 6:41PM, Druac wrote:


Washington (CNN) -- One week past the conventions, a flood of polls have been released in crucial battleground states in the race for the White House. And some of them paint a picture that looks more favorable to President Barack Obama than to Republican nominee Mitt Romney.


The polls do have some things in common. They're all of the smaller pool of likely voters and all were conducted after the close of last week's Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina.


And several suggest that Romney's electoral path to victory on November 6 is becoming more difficult.





There are lots of polls, and lots of opinions. Here is at least an article from the pro Romney side. Bottom line, it is still really close, and Ohio may be the deciding state.


townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2012/09/...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 14, 2012 - 9:29PM #6
mecdukebec
Posts: 14,651

There's a Michael Savage comparison on Facebook, putting the First Lady, Mrs Obama, next to a pig's face, and asserting "The Similiarity is Crazy." with an attempt to discuss Ms Palin's "lipstick on a pig" but, very obviously, comparing the swine's lips with Mrs Obama's.


The Wingos have, in many quarters, played their racist card, so often, and with such vigour, that the "The President is not one of 'us.'" has some real traction with the Base.  Willard, Sir Milquetoast, might just ride that offensive, nativistic, streak right into the White House; then, commence wars in which his Sired Sons won't serve.  And in which the Base would die. 

*******

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 14, 2012 - 10:07PM #7
voice-crying
Posts: 7,222

There's something very scary about the words coming out of the mouths of the protesters/protestors in Egpyt, libya...and beyond (their words seemed to be rehearsed, and they like...the teaparty people didn't know what they were talking about).


American passports and connections needs to be investigated.


Something wicked from this way went that-a-way!


Follow the bank accountsMoney Mouth

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 14, 2012 - 11:24PM #8
CoolWarrior
Posts: 10,164

Sep 14, 2012 -- 9:23PM, aarroottoonn wrote:


Sep 14, 2012 -- 6:41PM, Druac wrote:


Washington (CNN) -- One week past the conventions, a flood of polls have been released in crucial battleground states in the race for the White House. And some of them paint a picture that looks more favorable to President Barack Obama than to Republican nominee Mitt Romney.


The polls do have some things in common. They're all of the smaller pool of likely voters and all were conducted after the close of last week's Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina.


And several suggest that Romney's electoral path to victory on November 6 is becoming more difficult.





There are lots of polls, and lots of opinions. Here is at least an article from the pro Romney side. Bottom line, it is still really close, and Ohio may be the deciding state.





Most commentators on BOTH sides agree that MITT has made this HIS own worst week ever.


The polls that come out next week ought to give the few remaining optimistic REPUBLICANS pause.


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2012 - 11:42AM #9
Bodean
Posts: 9,497

Ummmm ... it's September.


Both Carter and Mondale were up in the polls in September .. both lost.


 


The only poll that will count will be the one on Nov 6th.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2012 - 12:17PM #10
christzen
Posts: 6,569

Sep 15, 2012 -- 11:42AM, Bodean wrote:

Ummmm ... it's September.


Both Carter and Mondale were up in the polls in September .. both lost.


 


The only poll that will count will be the one on Nov 6th.







Carter was an incumbent  , and in the end lost a lot of votes over the hostage crisis as it worsened late in the campaign . Reagan , btw , skillfully handled that crisis and didn't make himself appear desperate , as Romney has with this one.

Reagan led Mondale from summer on , except for possibly a little post convention blip on some polls . But Mondale knew it was over pre convention and so chose Ferraro as his VP



It certainly ain't over , but the road for Romney looks bleak. Both Ohio and FL are trending Obama now , Ohio by 7 now and FL by 5 , and Romney must have BOTH to win.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook