Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Israeli Attacks On Civilian Palestinians Continue and Rise.
2 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2012 - 2:25PM #1
KindredSai
thinkprogress.org/security/2012/08/17/69...

Two separate attacks on Palestinians civilians Friday morning raise serious questions about rising anti-Palestinian radicalism among Israeli youth. 
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2012 - 2:38AM #2
Mlyons619

KSai, the two incidents in the OP are in no way sanctioned by the Israeli Government and appear to be the acts of individual hooligans.  If the Israeli Police catch up with them, I rather doubt they'll receive anything other than a stint in Israeli version of juvenile hall.

What do you have to say about rock throwing mobs of Palestinian youths?

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2012 - 10:23PM #3
BDboy

I feel all attacks on civilians are bad. But we should not compare a state government who claims to be democratic with rag tag often clueless militias.

I mean we are trying to compare US army with Michigan militia here. Hope good people keep that in mind.

....just a little context ....

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2012 - 12:36PM #4
LeahOne

BD that's not 'context' - it's totally and completely off-topic.

The 'attacks' in the very misleadingly titled OP are by 'ragtag militia' wannabes of  fanatic fringe 'settlers' - not the Israeli government.

Moderated by Merope on Aug 25, 2012 - 11:03AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2012 - 5:05PM #5
habesor

Kindredsai,

I am on vacation in Barcelona this week and I used the computer that is available in the hotel to drop in just to see what is happening on the forum. I read your message and it makes a fair request. So I will try to respond.

Attacks on innocent Muslims or on anyone else by Jews for whatever reason are a crime and the attackers should be caught by the Israeli police and punished by the courts. More often than not this is what happens though the Israeli courts tend to be lenient, in my opinion too lenient, on young offenders. This is the case whether the victim of such criminal attacks are Arabs or Jews. 

Now Kindredsai, for a more personal opinion, I think that attacks on innocent Arabs by Jewish hoodlums are disgusting and no behavior on the part of any Arabs justifies such attacks.

I hope that I have answered your message adequately.

Habesor

Habesor
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2012 - 5:26PM #6
Mlyons619

I have referred to the attackers as young hooligans.  I have stated my belief that, if caught, those young hooligans should spend time in a youth detention center.  I believe I HAVE more than adequately expressed my contempt for these punks. 

This is, however, a police court matter, and not the political one you are trying to make it out to be. 

Moderated by Merope on Aug 25, 2012 - 11:01AM
"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2012 - 7:16PM #7
LeahOne

I think Habesor has pretty well covered it!

Barcelona is a beautiful city - hope you are having a spectacular time there : ))  There are some really stellar jazz clubs in town.....

We have had similar incidents in the US where a group of young monsters attacked a jogger in Central Park and all but killed her - because they were 'bored'.  They were young teens, some under 15.  I seem to recall they served very little time

In Ohio, a batch of kiddy thugs beat a man nearly to death because they were bored - they were something like 13 years old, and may only get 'probabtion'.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2012 - 8:14PM #8
KindredSai

Now Kindredsai, for a more personal opinion, I think that attacks on innocent Arabs by Jewish hoodlums are disgusting and no behavior on the part of any Arabs justifies such attacks.

If only you could back that belief it is actually Israeli youths.

The thing about price tag attacks they're done in secret, secrecy doesn't reveal age. But What I can tell you, Leah, Lyons and Habesor attacks have happened from settlers from youths to adults.

Maybe the courts are too lenient Habesor, but then maybe the IDF and Israeli police are quite apathetic when it comes to attacks against Palestinians, it is documented in East Jerusalem, Israeli police and army watch while Jews dump their garbage in front of Arab homes and Jewish women often spit aand attack anyone who wears a headscarf.

PS: I hope you're having a good time in Barcelona:)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2012 - 8:22PM #9
LeahOne

'Documented', Ksai? 

I don't think the 'documentation' of people like that is of much use in truth.

Moderated by Merope on Aug 25, 2012 - 11:04AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 20, 2012 - 5:02PM #10
KindredSai

Aug 19, 2012 -- 8:22PM, LeahOne wrote:

'Documented', Ksai? 

I don't think the 'documentation' of people like that is of much use in truth.

Not every independent organization is a left wing Marxist cess-pit you try and paint them to be.

We believe you when you say there are 0 attacks against Palestinian civilians by Jews. Israeli Jews never attack anyone innocent and anyone who documents an attack is a hippy activist.

Moderated by Merope on Aug 25, 2012 - 11:04AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook