Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
2 years ago  ::  Aug 20, 2012 - 8:49AM #31
Ed.W

79 bottles of beer on the wall....

Have you got anything I can sink my teeth into?
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2012 - 2:22AM #32
parkin

Tenac,

sorry (and ed too, apparently) I had a busy day.  Yes.  The quote was from 2010.  That's exactly why I posted it.  GW was not only creating a deficit on his own terms - he was also creating a deficit on future generations.  The tax breaks for the wealthy were sunsetted in to fully take effect AFTER he was out of office.  The same thing with his medicare rehaul.  He spent a LOT of future money that is NOW being spent in Obama's term.  

Look it up.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2012 - 8:23PM #33
voice-crying

Aug 21, 2012 -- 2:22AM, parkin wrote:

Tenac,

sorry (and ed too, apparently) I had a busy day.  Yes.  The quote was from 2010.  That's exactly why I posted it.  GW was not only creating a deficit on his own terms - he was also creating a deficit on future generations.  The tax breaks for the wealthy were sunsetted in to fully take effect AFTER he was out of office.  The same thing with his medicare rehaul.  He spent a LOT of future money that is NOW being spent in Obama's term.  

Look it up.  

Yes! GWB made some dumb moves, but I wonder why he did what he did...was it a vendetta, and if so, against who? The whole Country is paying the piper.  

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2012 - 10:50PM #34
teilhard

Anyway, no matter WHICH Party wins Elections and/or runs The Country ... It's The VOTERS, the Constituents, who are THE Problem with America Today ...

They INSIST upon lower, lower, lower Taxes ... but NO Cuts in Government Services (to ME and MINE) ...

If somebody gets The Streets repaired in HIS/HER Town, that's "Pork Barrell Spending" ... but I DEMAND that MY Neighborhood have FIRST-Class Streets, Public Services, Schools, Libraries, and on and on ...

MANY (not all, but MANY of) The Voters are Spoiled, respond POSITIVELY to Pandering, make irresponsible Demands, and LOVE to whine and complain ...

As once famously Observed, "A Nation tends to get the Kind of Government it DESERVES ... "

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook