Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Michael Phelps DIDN'T WIN those medals all by himself!!!
2 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2012 - 4:54PM #11
MMarcoe

Aug 3, 2012 -- 1:20PM, Armwar wrote:

Shocking but true.  Without being able to go to the gym on paved roads and is the gym private?  I don't know that one, but say it isn't, then there's that...He needs to give up, hand over his medals to all Americans who made it so possible for him to win them:

online.wsj.com/article/declarations.html

Clearly you didn't hear Gabby Douglas give all the credit to God.

You didn't hear it, did you? You must not have.

There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.

God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2012 - 4:59PM #12
MMarcoe

Aug 3, 2012 -- 1:20PM, Armwar wrote:

Shocking but true.  Without being able to go to the gym on paved roads and is the gym private?  I don't know that one, but say it isn't, then there's that...He needs to give up, hand over his medals to all Americans who made it so possible for him to win them:

online.wsj.com/article/declarations.html

Clearly you haven't heard him credit his MOM and all those other people for his success.

There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.

God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2012 - 6:20PM #13
Find1Answer

Aug 3, 2012 -- 2:49PM, Jasr wrote:

Aug 3, 2012 -- 2:35PM, Find1Answer wrote:

I do not understand the reluctance of the anti Obamas to recognize that infrastructure or the lack thereof contributed or detracted from their business success.      How many businessess would be successful without a working community sewage system?

It's easy to understand when you realize that it's not about infrastructure at all, but about trying to make people believe that President Obama was "demonizing" businessmen.

Apparently it's working.

and by businessman  they have Mitt Romney as their prime example.    What is it about Romney that requires such coddling as if he could break.       when did his tender sensibilities come into play during his long slog to the successful businessman.

Bush's "de-Bathification program" eliminated all vestiges of Sunni power in Iraqi society and set the stage for the Sunni insurrection against American occupation and the new Shiite-led government. Bush disbanded the entire Sunni-dominated Iraqi Army and bureaucracy. He didn't change it. He didn't make it more inclusive of Shiites and Kurds. He just disbanded it. It is no accident that two of the top commanders of today's ISIL are former commanders in the Saddam-era Iraqi military.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2012 - 6:49PM #14
Qwesam

Alert!  Gail, here is another shocking but true..

Ryan Lochte used the Olympic pool for purposes other than swimming

sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-p...

Ryan Lochte is like every other competitive swimmer who's donned a Speedo and goggles: He sometimes uses the pool as a restroom. Unlike every other competitive swimmer who's donned a Speedo and goggle, Lochte has done it on the sport's biggest stage: At the Olympics.

The 11-time Olympic medalist admitted to "Access Hollywood" that he went No. 1 in the pool in which he was later crowned No. 1 in the 400 IM.

"I did in warm-up," he told Ryan Seacrest. "I think there's just something about getting into chlorine water that you just automatically go."

He stressed that he doesn't do it in competition because -- why would you go during competition? If you can't hold it for 1 minute, 52 seconds, then you have bigger problems with which to contend. So the warm-up pool is likely not where you were thinking.

Is Lochte gross for doing this? No, not at all. Using the pool in that way is as much a part of swimming as dryland, early morning practices, throwing kickboards and complaining about how cold the pool is.

Lochte isn't ashamed. Nor am I. Nor are the hundreds of thousands of competitive swimmers who have done the same. I haven't been a competitive swimmer in over a decade, but I coached for a long time after and can safely report nothing's changed. Everyone does it. There's a name for swimmers who say they've never gone in the pool: Liars.

***Watching Foxnews makes you dumb and dumber than your friends who watch NO News. It is on the survey!

***Don’t listen to what Republicans say, look what they do to Women’s rights.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2012 - 5:32PM #15
Find1Answer

what was it called on this forum?   the freudian slip that will not die..............

Romney in his first book, Turnaround, published in June 2004.

Athletes in the 2002 Winter Olympics “didn’t get here solely on your own power. … For most of you, loving parents, sisters or brothers, encouraged your hopes, coaches guided, communities built venues in order to organize competitions.… All Olympians stand on the shoulders of those who lifted them.”

-- Romney speaking to Olympians at the 2002 Winter Games.

www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politics/54609098-...

Bush's "de-Bathification program" eliminated all vestiges of Sunni power in Iraqi society and set the stage for the Sunni insurrection against American occupation and the new Shiite-led government. Bush disbanded the entire Sunni-dominated Iraqi Army and bureaucracy. He didn't change it. He didn't make it more inclusive of Shiites and Kurds. He just disbanded it. It is no accident that two of the top commanders of today's ISIL are former commanders in the Saddam-era Iraqi military.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2012 - 6:13PM #16
catboxer

Aug 5, 2012 -- 5:32PM, Find1Answer wrote:

Athletes in the 2002 Winter Olympics “didn’t get here solely on your own power. … For most of you, loving parents, sisters or brothers, encouraged your hopes, coaches guided, communities built venues in order to organize competitions.… All Olympians stand on the shoulders of those who lifted them.”

-- Romney speaking to Olympians at the 2002 Winter Games.

www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politics/54609098-...

The opposite of that is called "Social Darwinism," but I don't think Darwin ever said nothing about that.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook