Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Democrats' Tax Plan Passes Senate
2 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2012 - 6:51PM #21
Druac

Aug 3, 2012 -- 6:34PM, aarroottoonn wrote:

if it is immoral to take more than 33% of anyones money (which I already said it is, if you disagree, I don't care)

ROFLMFAO

Oh…my bad…You said it is...therefore it is!

Even a pre-schooler can see that righteous indignation. ;)

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2012 - 6:53PM #22
Druac

Aug 3, 2012 -- 6:26PM, aarroottoonn wrote:

Aug 3, 2012 -- 12:01PM, Druac wrote:

Aug 2, 2012 -- 9:14PM, aarroottoonn wrote:

Jul 26, 2012 -- 10:27AM, Fodaoson wrote:

www.cnn.com/2012/07/25/politics/senate-t...

So the Senate went on record according to the Republican leaders rule and that  democrats being for extending the tax cuts for  the middle class.  Polls show that the majority of Americans support that approach  

What a shock, people are in favor of their own tax breaks; not so much for anyone else. I guess it is a good thing that Republicans favor extending the tax cuts for the middle class as well. In the end, they will extend the tax cuts for all, since the dems have no leg to stand on. I would hope that President Romney would then have the sense to reform the tax code, but I doubt we will get anything like real reform.

This is funny...as if "President" Romney would even try for any meaningful "reform". We know what his puppet masters want, to simply continue what got us here in the first place.

The sad fact that the left still trots out the "puppet masters" canard is truly pathetic. You'd think by now they would have come up with something new. LIBS, your not trying hard enough!

It is pretty much the reality for most if not all career politicians. They are puppets to those pulling their purse strings. It is a canard that holds up well to reality and it is true of both sides..."LIB" or otherwise.

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2012 - 12:52AM #23
aarroottoonn

Aug 3, 2012 -- 6:51PM, Druac wrote:

Aug 3, 2012 -- 6:34PM, aarroottoonn wrote:

if it is immoral to take more than 33% of anyones money (which I already said it is, if you disagree, I don't care)

ROFLMFAO

Oh…my bad…You said it is...therefore it is!

Even a pre-schooler can see that righteous indignation. ;)

You must not qualify as a preschooler, because it isn't righteous indignation. I save that for people who think people like Noam Chomsky hasanything useful to say about anything; libertarians (hello Ron Paul) that stink up my party with their idiocy (if they admit they are libertarians rather than republicans, that is ok); people who quote those like Glenn Greenwald or Matt Taibbi for what conservatives believe; and those who say that a place like moveon.org is nonpartisan, trying to get you to believe that it is mainstream centrist, rather than leftist, because most people don't know there is a huge difference between non partisan and non ideological. This? pfft, not worth time to be indignant about it.

I guess I will go back to the beginning, just for you. Ebon responded that taxes on a number of people should be much higher than they are, and mentioned that the US has some sort of fear, I suppose, of taxation.

I responded with my belief that to steal more than a third of anyones income is immoral. The left believes that taxes for many people should indeed be above 33% (and that is all direct income taxation including state and local levels as well) Therefore the left is immoral.

As to I said it, therefore it is, I will leave it at, yes, indeed, as that is my belief. If you have a different belief, you are entitled to it, as I don't care; and that is why we have elections, so that we can each choose who we think best represents us. Even under the best of circumstances, in general, no more than 60% are going to agree with anyone on any issue.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2012 - 1:32PM #24
catboxer

Immoral to levy a greater tax than 33 percent on anybody's income?

Let's see. Under a flat rate scheme, a family getting $30,000 a year would pay 10K and have 20K to live on.

A family bringing in $100,000 would pay 33K and have 66K left for housing, food, fuel, medical expenses, and everything else.

Those getting 3 million would pay a million in tax and have a paltry 2 million left over for beans and flour, the heating bill, house payment, doctors and all the rest.

OK, I see the problem: the first-example family is paying way too much, the last-example family way too little.

One of the objectives of the graduated income tax is income redistribution -- something this country desparately needs.

Oh, I can hear the shrieks and moans already -- "But that would be the end of our way of life in this country."

Well, YEAH. I mean, that's the idea.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2012 - 2:22PM #25
TENAC
No shrieks, just typical.
Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook