Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Americans: Avoid These Brands
2 years ago  ::  Jul 24, 2012 - 4:50PM #11
mountain_man

Jul 24, 2012 -- 3:46PM, Ironhold wrote:

Jul 24, 2012 -- 3:30PM, mountain_man wrote:

Almost always because of unfair business practices or they inherited the business or money from their parents.

Nope.

For example, let's look at ....

Gee... ONE family out of thousands.

So, you are buying into the outright lies the Regressives are saying about that? Why, when Regressives repeat that speech they edit out the important parts? Why do the Regressives have to lie? If they had a valid point, or idea, why don't they present that instead of attacking some invented boogie man? It seems I just answered my own question; they don't have a valid point or idea.

Yes, I read the full quote, in its entireity.

No, not if you came up with that response.

It still comes down to Obama trying to assert that the federal government had a more active role in industry and business than it really did.

No, it did not. That's just the Regressive slant on it.

I have no desire to debate Regressive propaganda.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 24, 2012 - 4:52PM #12
mountain_man

Jul 24, 2012 -- 3:38PM, Girlchristian wrote:

Jul 24, 2012 -- 3:30PM, mountain_man wrote:

Almost always because of unfair business practices or they inherited the business or money from their parents.

An incorrect statement that you simply can't back up with proof.

The Bush Family.

Also note the qualifier "almost always."

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 24, 2012 - 6:38PM #13
arielg

In keeping with my contrarian views, I will probably go out and buy their products just because there is a  boycott on them.

Boycotts are a bore.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 24, 2012 - 6:41PM #14
mytmouse57

Jul 24, 2012 -- 6:38PM, arielg wrote:

In keeping with my contrarian views, I will probably go out and buy their products just because there is a  boicot on them.

Boicots are a bore.

I've already said,

I'd like to start a boycott on boycotts.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 31, 2012 - 4:18PM #15
Stardove

Due to traveling, but staying in our own RV TT (not any places mentioned at links) I missed reading this thread till just now.

Thanks Solfeggio.  I did not know the New Balance shoes I purchased a while back would support a super PAC for Romney. The other product I do buy is the Dixie brand of paper plates and I didn't realize this was a Koch brother's company. 

Dang, I do like the plates.  Frown

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 31, 2012 - 5:40PM #16
mainecaptain

Jul 31, 2012 -- 4:18PM, Stardove wrote:

Due to traveling, but staying in our own RV TT (not any places mentioned at links) I missed reading this thread till just now.

Thanks Solfeggio.  I did not know the New Balance shoes I purchased a while back would support a super PAC for Romney. The other product I do buy is the Dixie brand of paper plates and I didn't realize this was a Koch brother's company. 

Dang, I do like the plates. 

It is a shame. I know someone who remembers dixie before it was bought out and became a koch shame.

I work hard at not buying any of those products.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 31, 2012 - 5:57PM #17
karbie

The real problem with boycotting these brands is that the people who will be hurt aren't the ones at the top of the food chain. Loss in profits will be blamed on labor, the cost of salaries in the US, health care (if any) costs, and of course, the drag of paying pensions.

Why retool a factory here when you can pick up and open one somewhere else at a fraction of the labor costs and no worry about policies to control pollution?

When you buy a company, you can gut it, move overseas, and make more money.

Boycotts--the best excuses to 'downsize", layoff workers  to manage inventory, etc.

My family are Republicans. Even my mother has conceded that the party she adhered to no longer exists. She thought I stopped being a Republican because of my marriage. I quit when Reagan got the nomination for President and introduced the country to Jerry Falwell and his "Moral Majority" ultra  conservative Christians as a voting block.

I buy generics or house brands for the most part. Buy products that don't use animal testing, etc or factory farms.

In a global economy, boycotts don't have the same effect they used to.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2012 - 10:51AM #18
Jcarlinbn

Thread moved from HTZ

Jcarlinbn, community moderator
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2