Post Reply
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Democrats setting up to manipulate public perception .... again.
2 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2012 - 10:12AM #1
Bodean
Posts: 9,593
Well .. here we are again.

Last year .. the Democrats sat on every spending bill in the Senate, to force a theatrical show in August regarding the Debt Ceiling.  They promised "cuts" in exchange for a raise in the debt ceiling.
 When the time came to make the cuts .. the Democrats took a my way or the highway approach.  Even though Boehner put revenue increases on the Table, the Democrats refused to cut entitlment programs.

This year, again, the Senate is refusing to consider budget issue.  The blond hair Senate Democrat, name escapes me at the moment, said they are willing to go off the "Fiscal Cliff" if the GOP doesn't give them their tax increase on high earners.  In the meantime ... the Democrats still  refuse to fullfill their original promise on cuts.

I see this as the typical.  The Democrats are purposefully trying to frame the GOP as being the problem .. .they will try to frame the shut down on the GOP for being unreasonable regarding their demand for tax hikes ... even though they themselves have yet to fullfill their previous promises.

I personally hope Boehner holds tough, and tells the Democrats to either come up with the previously promised cuts ... or screw you ... off the cliff we go.  The Democrats and the people who support them will deserve every ounce of misery that it creates.  Fool me once shame on you ... fool me twice .. shame on me.  Screw the Democrats.

So ... I"d ask .. what are your thoughts .. but I already know them.  The left here is complicity with the dishonesty and deception of the Democrats, and will support them whole heartedly [and brainlessly], and blame the GOP with regards to the tax hikes [even though a study has now come out that says it will cost jobs ... see GC's thread].  NOT A SINGLE PERSON ON THIS BOARD FROM THE LEFT WILL ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE DEMOCRATS HAVE YET TO FULLFILL THEIR PREVIOUS OBLIGATION TO CUT SPENDING FROM LAST SUMMERS DEBATE.     

Prove me wrong!!!        
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2012 - 10:30AM #2
Kairos
Posts: 294

This is precisely what drives me mad about the Democrats / Progressive / Liberal / Left...to them, it seems, "bi-partisanship" is ONLY doing it thier way. If there's even the slightest whimper of protest, then you're the evil minions of "corptacracy" or the hatefull racists of the tea-party, or the ignorant masses of the middle class. The sheer arrogance of the left of not even to acknowledge this will be their downfall.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2012 - 12:16PM #3
Druac
Posts: 12,138

You guys crack me up...the Republicans are angels and do nothing to manipulate the public...right? ROFL...what a tangled web we weave for ourselves…and now all we can seem to do is bitch and moan about it.


WAKE THE F*CK UP PEOPLE!

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
---------------------------------------------
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
---------------------------------------------
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2012 - 12:41PM #4
Kairos
Posts: 294

The Republican / RHINO / psuedo-conservative / psuedo-right are no better...nothing better than bunch of wimpy, brown-nosing, greedy do-nothings with their heads stuck up their  Undecided ...wazoo.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2012 - 1:22PM #5
teilhard
Posts: 51,407

Ummm ...


No ... It has long been my Observation that The Right-Wing GOP and Tea Party Guys are th ones who insist upon, "Our Way ... or else ... "


Jul 19, 2012 -- 10:30AM, Kairos wrote:


This is precisely what drives me mad about the Democrats / Progressive / Liberal / Left...to them, it seems, "bi-partisanship" is ONLY doing it thier way. If there's even the slightest whimper of protest, then you're the evil minions of "corptacracy" or the hatefull racists of the tea-party, or the ignorant masses of the middle class. The sheer arrogance of the left of not even to acknowledge this will be their downfall.





Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2012 - 2:06PM #6
Kairos
Posts: 294

Jul 19, 2012 -- 1:22PM, teilhard wrote:


Ummm ...


No ... It has long been my Observation that The Right-Wing GOP and Tea Party Guys are th ones who insist upon, "Our Way ... or else ... "


Jul 19, 2012 -- 10:30AM, Kairos wrote:


This is precisely what drives me mad about the Democrats / Progressive / Liberal / Left...to them, it seems, "bi-partisanship" is ONLY doing it thier way. If there's even the slightest whimper of protest, then you're the evil minions of "corptacracy" or the hatefull racists of the tea-party, or the ignorant masses of the middle class. The sheer arrogance of the left of not even to acknowledge this will be their downfall.




 


Have the Democrats EVER even considered cutting etitlements during this administration? Just once? anything? no? I rest my case.





Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2012 - 2:38PM #7
Bodean
Posts: 9,593

Jul 19, 2012 -- 12:16PM, Druac wrote:


You guys crack me up...the Republicans are angels and do nothing to manipulate the public...right? ROFL...what a tangled web we weave for ourselves…and now all we can seem to do is bitch and moan about it.


WAKE THE F*CK UP PEOPLE!




Druac .. it is what it is.  The Republicans agreed to raise the Debt Ceiling last year, in exchange for the "super committee" made up of Democrats and Republicans to make significant cuts in Government Spending.  Boehner eve threw some tax hikes on the table  .. .the Democrats rejected it.


My post is specific to the fact that the Democrats have unfinished business from last years debacle ..... and now they want to start a new debacle, based on their unbending desire to raise "income taxes" on $250K or more.  NOTE .. not raise George Clooney's or Barack Obama's Millions in royalty or dividend income up to 39%, .. not Warren Buffett's or Mitt Romney's Milions in investment income to 39% ... oh no .... but some poor working smuck with a small business making $250K or more.  And .. they want to take away his business'tax credits and brakes as well.

And while they are at it, they want to expand welfare rolls, expand food stamps, forgive student loans, ... and you can bet, mortgage forgivness will be thrown on the table depending on how bad the polls are looking.


This is not general whining .. this is about a specific issue.  No suprise .. you won't even concede on a single issue. ... just like your Buddy Harry Reid won't concede either.  But both of you will blame the republicans for it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2012 - 2:57PM #8
Kairos
Posts: 294

There's really only one single issue for the Democrats: relect Obama at any cost. The Hope Change being peddled this time is, hope the American people don't see the change going on to the America they once knew.


Meanwhile the promised transparency is being clouded by the smoke and mirrors of brute politics. There's no question there's a lot of shenanigans going on both sides. To me the choice is how fast do we want to go over the cliff? really fast or really slow?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2012 - 4:59PM #9
teilhard
Posts: 51,407

They HAVE "cut Taxes" for The Ultra-Wealthy Over-Lords more than once though, haven't they ... ???


FOOLS ... !!!


Jul 19, 2012 -- 2:06PM, Kairos wrote:


Jul 19, 2012 -- 1:22PM, teilhard wrote:


Ummm ...


No ... It has long been my Observation that The Right-Wing GOP and Tea Party Guys are th ones who insist upon, "Our Way ... or else ... "


Jul 19, 2012 -- 10:30AM, Kairos wrote:


This is precisely what drives me mad about the Democrats / Progressive / Liberal / Left...to them, it seems, "bi-partisanship" is ONLY doing it thier way. If there's even the slightest whimper of protest, then you're the evil minions of "corptacracy" or the hatefull racists of the tea-party, or the ignorant masses of the middle class. The sheer arrogance of the left of not even to acknowledge this will be their downfall.




 


Have the Democrats EVER even considered cutting etitlements during this administration? Just once? anything? no? I rest my case.









Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2012 - 5:09PM #10
Kairos
Posts: 294

Here is a perfect example of the word games and semantics that get played..."cutting taxes" is equated with "reducing etitlements" mainly because the whole "worldview" of wealth creation is at odds. To those on the left, any time one "cuts taxes" you're not getting as much money for your pet etitlement. To those on the right, tax cuts actually helps to put more wealth into the system, but for some strange reason, economics isn't supposed to work that way in leftist la-la land.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook