Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
Switch to Forum Live View Why I will vote for Obama-again
2 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2012 - 8:46PM #51
catboxer

Jul 17, 2012 -- 8:28PM, loveontheair wrote:

Hello,

Critical thinkers such as Lenin, Stalin, Mao and Pol pot. Hummm...

love

Uh, no.

Like Amcolph said, it's a process, not content.

The process I'm talking about would be applied to the war propaganda put out by the gentlemen you mention as well as that of the capitalist powers.

It's a democratic thing. You wouldn't understand.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2012 - 9:00PM #52
Girlchristian

It's rare that it happens, but I agree with Amcolph and CB on the issue of "HOTS." It's a teaching method. Could it be abused? Absolutely, but then so can any other teaching method so I see no reason to discard it out of hand.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2012 - 9:47PM #53
Estacia

www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_me...

I don't know if anything will come out of this or not but here is a link to my hometown paper.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2012 - 10:06PM #54
catboxer

Joe is totally independent, and lives his own reality.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2012 - 10:35PM #55
Bodean

Jul 17, 2012 -- 7:39PM, amcolph wrote:

Jul 17, 2012 -- 7:30PM, Armwar wrote:

So, "critical thinking" turns out to be a code word for liberal brainwashing of our kids.  And of course, no critical thinking on the part of those who buy into it, who think it fine to propagandize our children.

Hogwash.  HOTS is method, not content.

HOTS is method .. when taught by Conservatives .... HOTS is brainwashing when taught by high and mighty Liberals who wish to rule the world and control "behavior".  Focus on that word Amcoph .. behavior .. that is what was written in the opposition letter regarding HOTS.

That wasn't there just because some lunatic decided to put it there.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2012 - 10:41PM #56
catboxer

Jul 17, 2012 -- 10:35PM, Bodean wrote:

That wasn't there just because some lunatic decided to put it there.

Why else would it be there, then?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2012 - 10:43PM #57
amcolph

Jul 17, 2012 -- 10:35PM, Bodean wrote:

Jul 17, 2012 -- 7:39PM, amcolph wrote:

Jul 17, 2012 -- 7:30PM, Armwar wrote:

So, "critical thinking" turns out to be a code word for liberal brainwashing of our kids.  And of course, no critical thinking on the part of those who buy into it, who think it fine to propagandize our children.

Hogwash.  HOTS is method, not content.

HOTS is method .. when taught by Conservatives .... HOTS is brainwashing when taught by high and mighty Liberals who wish to rule the world and control "behavior". 

So you feel free to rant like that, but when I suggest that lurking amongst Conservatives might be individuals capable of contemplating asassination I've gone over the mark?

Bah!

The truth is, Fundamentalists of the Religious Right don't want their kids learning critical thinking skills.  Their doctrine won't stand up to it.

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 18, 2012 - 10:46AM #58
Kairos

Lot's of mud is going to be slung in this election. I don't really like either candidate. With Obama, it's how fast can we obliterate the economy? With Romny is how slow do we want economic death?

Niether seem like a viable solution...but I'm defineately NOT voting for "Obumny".

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook