Page 2 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Obama promises tax hikes for Wealthy Americans
2 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2012 - 8:21PM #11
Bodean

Jul 10, 2012 -- 8:14PM, catboxer wrote:

Personal income taxes would return to the level they were at under Bill Clinton.

See .. Cat .. that is my problem with your position!!  INCOME TAXES.

I want George Clooney to pay his fair share .. and Oprah .. and Striesand, and Baldwin, and the other hundreds and thousands of people who are not making an "income" .. they are paid differently.

Granted, this includes the CEO's stock options and all ... but those working smucks are nothing compared to the money that is floating around in Liberal Dens like Hollywood and Broadway.

I don't want them to raise the "income tax" .. I want them to slap a 50% tax on the types of income that all these Liberal Movie Stars and whatnot are making.

You push that ... and you'll get my attention.  Keep pushing to tax people who get up and go to work everyday ... even if they make a measly 1 million dollars, [chicken scratch compared to Clooney's 25 Million] ... and you lose my support.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2012 - 9:08PM #12
catboxer

yes, well, I was shocked -- shocked, I tell you, to discover there are millionaires and billionaires who are liberal, even actually leftist (Soros)! Quite a few of them, actually, although they're outnumbered by Republicans about 2 to 1.

And I was equally dismayed and troubled when I learned of liberal dens in LA and New Fork City, full of very rich people in the entertainment industry, the great majority of whom are planning to vote for Barack Obama. Oh, Noes...not that!

Liberalism! And talk of raising taxes! it's enough to cause a clusterschnazzle.

You know, I don't pay much attention to the entertainment industry, and as you maybe can tell fromthe first post, don't pay all that much attention to Obama, either. I went out for some entertainment a couple nights ago, but it was not up to industrial standards.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2012 - 9:57PM #13
aarroottoonn

Jul 10, 2012 -- 8:14PM, catboxer wrote:

The tax hike isn't going to happen anyway because the Republicans and "moderate" Democrats will team up like they always do and kill it. Obama will wear the long face again.

If enacted, it would raise taxes on the top 2 percent; every household making >$250K/yr.

Personal income taxes would return to the level they were at under Bill Clinton.

Of course, for some people that would be a capitulation to Satan. Personally, I find the Republicans and their plutocrat bankrollers bizarre and really "out there" when it comes to the subject of taxes.

Like, you know, "Corporations are people too, my friend!"

Well, I agree with you that it isn't going to happen, so this is a transparent ploy by Obama to troll for votes. Republicans in the House and Dems in the Senate will do it to, and the dance goes on.

You tax increases would do almost nothing for the budget, and of course ignores the simple fact that the government spends too much damn money! Cut the fat, that is all I ask for. And that fat is easily 10% of the budget (though I would argue 25%). Obama simply will not cut, at least not while he is in office. He has no problem lying to the people about cutting far, far into the future, when he is safely out of office.

Of course you also don't understand the conservative viewpoint on taxes, when you can't even understand corporate personhood, which has only been the law for over 200 years now.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2012 - 8:30AM #14
Girlchristian

This will never happen as Obama doesn't really want to raise the taxes on the 'rich.'

People seem to ignore that raising taxes on the rich will NOT fix the problems we have. The only way to fix those problems is to cut spending, but Obama isn't serious about doing that either. Neither Democrats or Republicans want to touch the military budget even though they say they do. Neither side really wants to look at our 'entitlement' programs and fix the issues within them...the only thing we get is 'cut all the money for them' or 'if you cut money to the programs then people die' when there is an in-between.

Any politician that ONLY touts taxing the rich and isn't willing to cut spending isn't someone I want running our country during tough economic times. Any politician that ONLY touts cutting spending and won't even consider a tax hike (on those making $750k and above, NOT $250k) is also not someone I want running our country right now.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2012 - 8:30AM #15
amcolph

Jul 10, 2012 -- 9:57PM, aarroottoonn wrote:

Of course you also don't understand the conservative viewpoint on taxes, when you can't even understand corporate personhood, which has only been the law for over 200 years now.

You don't seem to understand much about it, either, if you think it has been the law for over 200 years.  Try 126 years.  Long enough, when you think of the destructive effect that Santa Fe v. Southern Pacific has had on free enterprise in this country.

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2012 - 8:40AM #16
Bodean

Jul 11, 2012 -- 8:30AM, Girlchristian wrote:

Neither side really wants to look at our 'entitlement' programs and fix the issues within them...the only thing we get is 'cut all the money for them' or 'if you cut money to the programs then people die' when there is an in-between.

I don't know GC ... Paul Ryan has proposed a "transformation" of Medicare .. for which all liberals ... and other sludge dwellers screamed ... "you want to take away my Medicare".

GWB wanted to privatize just 1% ... that's all ... just 1% of Social Security ... the Liberals and other sludge dwellers all screamed ... "you want to take away my Social Security".

Entitlements won't be touched .. because the sludge dwellers in America don't want it touched.  They are vested in "voting themselves riches from the public treasury" .. and when the treasury runs dry, they support raising debt ceilings and ... of course ... taxing the rich people.

Like I've said .. I've always supported taxing "alternative" forms of income above a certain level at at least the top rate of 35%.  I'll give you your first million at 15% ... heck I'd even give it to your 5%.  But above a million in Capital Gains .. or "royalties" .. like George Cloony's 25 Million, needs to be taxed more heavily.

Of course, the only problem is, these "denizens of the world", just change their citizenship .. kinda like Marc Rich's wife recently did.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2012 - 9:12AM #17
catboxer

...the Liberals and other sludge dwellers all screamed ... "you want to take away my Social Security"...Entitlements won't be touched .. because the sludge dwellers in America don't want it touched.

You know, it's been a long time since anybody has asked me "Why do you hate America?"

Now might be a good time to ask.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2012 - 9:29AM #18
Bodean

Jul 11, 2012 -- 9:12AM, catboxer wrote:

...the Liberals and other sludge dwellers all screamed ... "you want to take away my Social Security"...Entitlements won't be touched .. because the sludge dwellers in America don't want it touched.

You know, it's been a long time since anybody has asked me "Why do you hate America?"

Now might be a good time to ask.

OK .. I"ll bite ... why do you hate America?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2012 - 9:32AM #19
drawout

When you let raw sewage stand still the sludge sinks to the bottom and the scum rises to the top. So if those on the bottom strata are referred to as sludge dwellers then its only fair to call those on the top Scum. Most of us prefer not to drag the conversation down into the sewer, but others seem irresistibly drawn into it.

'When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.' - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2012 - 9:37AM #20
Fodaoson

Where do some posters get the idea that “royalties” are not taxed? For creative artists , performers /writers/ songwriters / musicians, royalties are  reported to the IRS as self-employment income. Tax Schedule C is used, not E so a 14% tax is assessed on the first $110,000  in addition to normal income taxes.  Of course expenses can be deducted for the gross royalties such as agent fees,  management fees ,accountant  fees, which  can amount to 30-50% of  most royalty income. The agents, accountants, managers pay  income tax on the amount they receive from  clients.   Celebrities pay taxes on their royalties 

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook