Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Obama promises tax hikes for Wealthy Americans
2 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2012 - 6:57PM #1
catboxer

This site -- politicsusa.com -- is one of those partisan/Democratic Party sites that's really beating the drum these days for President Obama's solemn, I-really-meanit-this-time, cross-my-heart-and-hope-to-die promise to end the Bush tax breaks for wealthy Americans.

They have two front-page articles on it today, "Yes We Can End the Bush Tax Cuts for the Top 2%," www.politicususa.com/trenches-fighting-c...

and "Obama Explains Exactly Why He Will Veto Bush Tax Cuts For the Wealthy." www.politicususa.com/obama-explains-veto...

If I was sure he meant it, I might even consider voting for him again. However, I clearly remember what happened the last time he made such assurances, and I keep getting this picture of Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown.

Even if he was able to give some kind of ironclad security for his stated intentions, there is also the little matter of an illegal drone war in the middle east, and various other nagging problems that are keeping me from getting behind this man, whom I consider no different from 99 percent of establishment politicians.

Let's see politicsusa.com broach the topics of the drone war, which was never to my knowledge approved or declared by Congress, and the extra-legal Libyan intervention. I'll bet they never will.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2012 - 7:05PM #2
Bodean

Yes .. desperation generally causes people to say all kinds of stuff ....

LIke ...please .. pretty please ...with sugar on top ... I'll do anything .... uncle ... etc etc.

The fact remains ... letting the Bush Tax Cuts expire on the wealthiest 2% is not going to solve the nations problems.  We spend like drunken sailors .. and Obama is on the forefront of that spending, and doing nothing to curb it.

But hey ... in the name of Social Justice ... let's raise the taxes on the rich. [rolls eyes]

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2012 - 7:11PM #3
catboxer

Jul 10, 2012 -- 7:05PM, Bodean wrote:

But hey ... in the name of Social Justice ... let's raise the taxes on the rich.

My sentiments exactly.

Without the eye roll.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2012 - 7:14PM #4
Bodean

Jul 10, 2012 -- 7:11PM, catboxer wrote:

Jul 10, 2012 -- 7:05PM, Bodean wrote:

But hey ... in the name of Social Justice ... let's raise the taxes on the rich.

My sentiments exactly.

Without the eye roll.

LOL ... and they call us Conservative "Bitter" ...

What did the rich ever do to you??

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2012 - 7:34PM #5
catboxer

Jul 10, 2012 -- 7:14PM, Bodean wrote:

Stole my country.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2012 - 7:37PM #6
Bodean

Jul 10, 2012 -- 7:34PM, catboxer wrote:

Jul 10, 2012 -- 7:14PM, Bodean wrote:

Stole my country.

Well ... there ya go.

The Liberals "stole my country" ... and the "Rich Stole your Country" ... and since we live in the same country, I guess the thieves are the same perps.

I've been trying to tell you people that the Rich are the Liberal Elite ... but ya just don't listen! :-)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2012 - 7:58PM #7
catboxer

Jul 10, 2012 -- 7:37PM, Bodean wrote:

Well ... there ya go.

The Liberals "stole my country" ... and the "Rich Stole your Country" ... and since we live in the same country, I guess the thieves are the same perps.

I've been trying to tell you people that the Rich are the Liberal Elite ... but ya just don't listen! :-)

Bodean, we have been there, and done that.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2012 - 8:03PM #8
Bodean

Jul 10, 2012 -- 7:58PM, catboxer wrote:

Jul 10, 2012 -- 7:37PM, Bodean wrote:

Well ... there ya go.

Bodean, we have been there, and done that.

OH yeah .. I remember ... and the majority of the "rich" "defined as making over $250K" .. not just the uber Billionaires ... are mostly liberal.  I went through the whole list.  Awful lot of "Hollywood" types listed on that list.

So .. how do they tax royalties off of movies anyway?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2012 - 8:14PM #9
catboxer

The tax hike isn't going to happen anyway because the Republicans and "moderate" Democrats will team up like they always do and kill it. Obama will wear the long face again.

If enacted, it would raise taxes on the top 2 percent; every household making >$250K/yr.

Personal income taxes would return to the level they were at under Bill Clinton.

Of course, for some people that would be a capitulation to Satan. Personally, I find the Republicans and their plutocrat bankrollers bizarre and really "out there" when it comes to the subject of taxes.

Like, you know, "Corporations are people too, my friend!"

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2012 - 8:15PM #10
Bodean

George Clooney makes about 25 Million per year ... that's not his worth, that is what he makes.

How much ya reckon he pays in taxes??

As I read it, they pay Capital Gains Tax Rates .. that means that he pays the same rate as that rich, waskuly GOP nominee Mittens Romney.

Where' the OUTRAGE!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook