Switch to Forum Live View Wait...what?!?!? Romney: Roberts' decision appears political
2 years ago  ::  Jul 05, 2012 - 5:53PM #1
Druac

(CNN) - Mitt Romney, who still pledges on his website to nominate judges "in the mold of Chief Justice Roberts," said in an interview airing Thursday the health care decision written by Roberts last week appeared to be tainted by politics.

"I certainly wouldn't nominate someone who I knew was going to come out with a decision I violently disagreed with - or vehemently, rather, disagreed with," Romney said in an interview with CBS. The interview was taped ahead of a July 4th parade in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire, on Wednesday.

ROFL

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 05, 2012 - 6:42PM #2
mecdukebec

I remember the Spanish ambassador to the U.S. in movie, "The Amistad," complaining to the U.S. President Van Buren.  The Ambassador, puzzled over the unfavorable ruling by the district court, asks, "If you cannot rule the courts, how can you rule?" Van Buren hypocritically replies, "Our people believe it is the independence of the courts that ensures their freedom."

Willard the Etcha-Sketch sounds a great deal like the Spanish Ambassador.  The Ambassador supported slavery; maybe Flip-Flop does, too.  Those judges.....

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 05, 2012 - 7:36PM #3
REteach

Actually, I suspect the hallmark of a good justice is being willing to make a ruling that they personally disagree with politically and personally but believe actually represents justice.  

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 05, 2012 - 9:04PM #4
Bodean

Jul 5, 2012 -- 7:36PM, REteach wrote:

Actually, I suspect the hallmark of a good justice is being willing to make a ruling that they personally disagree with politically and personally but believe actually represents justice.  

You can suspect all you want.

The Hallmark of a GOOD Surpeme Court Judge, is to ensure that law complies with the CONSTITUTION!.  It should have NOTHING to do with their personal opinion, politics ... or any feeling about what represents "justice". .... especially for leftist judges, who's idea of "justice" .. is "social justice".

That's what is wrong with our courts today .. and has been ever since FDR loaded the court with his liberal buddies.  A precedent was set ... vote your poltics and screw the Constitution for which you took an oath to uphold and protect.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 09, 2012 - 9:29AM #5
ted08721

Roberts did eactly what the insurance industry wanted

www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partis...

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook