Switch to Forum Live View Israel’s Emergence As Energy Superpower Making Waves
2 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2012 - 6:04PM #1
rangerken

The continuing good news about Israel's coming energy independence, and emergence as an energy exporter is a great thing for supporters of Israel, and a very bad thing for the current Middle East oil exporting countries (which in my opinion is also a good thing since anything that weakens the Arab and Iranian oil exporters and stengthens Israel is good for the United States).

/israels-saudi-sized-energy-potential-makes-first-political-impact/

Here are a few comments from the article of considerable 'interest'...

"...the ability of the Arab governments to influence political opinion in Europe and the rest of the world is likely to decline as more oil and gas resources appear — and as Israel emerges as an important supplier. We could be heading toward a time when the world just doesn’t care all that much what happens around the Persian Gulf — as long as nobody gets frisky with the nukes."

I think the above is indeed a VERY good thing... then there is this...

"...Prime Minister Netanyahu’s evident lack of worry when it comes to crossing President Obama may reflect his belief that Israel has some new cards to play. An energy-rich Israel with a lot of friends and suitors is going to be less dependent on the US than it has been — and it is also going to be a more valuable ally."

And this is REALLY 'interesting'!!!!!.

"...Even at this very early stage, the impact of Israel’s energy wealth is dramatic. On President Putin’s visit to Jerusalem, he donned a kippah and went to pray at the Western Wall of the ancient Temple. As one press report has it, at the close of his visit, Putin turned to one of the Russian Jews present and said

I came here to pray that the Temple should be rebuilt, and I wish that your prayers will be fulfilled.

Putin had more honeyed words for his Israeli hosts. Touring the Wall, he said “Here, we see how the Jewish past is etched into the stones of Jerusalem.”

Needless to say the anti-Israel Arab crowd went a BIT berserke as as reported further on in the article...too bad for them.

In any case this is wonderful news for Israel, good news for the United States, and very bad news for Israel's enemies...which means it's just great news, period.

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2012 - 6:43PM #2
rocketjsquirell

I hope everything works out well for Israel and the U.S.

I would not trust Vladimir Putin further than I can throw a Steinway Concert Grand Piano with one hand. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2012 - 8:00PM #3
rangerken

Jul 3, 2012 -- 6:43PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

I would not trust Vladimir Putin further than I can throw a Steinway Concert Grand Piano with one hand. 

I do trust Putin to do what he thinks is best for Russia! And if that happens to also be what is best for Israel, and by extension or erven by accident or the US,  then I'm fine with Putin doing whatever it happens to be.

What I really like in the linked article is the bleatings by some on the anti-Israel side about the temple mount.

Anyway, it looks like Canada is rushing to get involved in the exploration along with Israel...and that's a good thing.

And again anyway, people should eally take the time to rea the entire linked article in the opening post (not saying you didn't rocket). There is a lot of very good stuff in it.

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2012 - 9:51AM #4
shmuelgoldstein

Sounds really rosy.

One can only hope.

In the meantime, gasoline still costs twice what it does in the U.S.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2012 - 12:17PM #5
LeahOne

Jul 4, 2012 -- 9:51AM, shmuelgoldstein wrote:

Sounds really rosy.

One can only hope.

In the meantime, gasoline still costs twice what it does in the U.S.

it does in many places, Schmuel......  but that could change for you : ))

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2012 - 3:42PM #6
BDboy

Jul 3, 2012 -- 8:00PM, rangerken wrote:

Jul 3, 2012 -- 6:43PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

I do trust Putin to do what he thinks is best for Russia! And if that happens to also be what is best for Israel, and by extension or erven by accident or the US,  then I'm fine with Putin doing whatever it happens to be.

What I really like in the linked article is the bleatings by some on the anti-Israel side about the temple mount.

Anyway, it looks like Canada is rushing to get involved in the exploration along with Israel...and that's a good thing.

And again anyway, people should eally take the time to rea the entire linked article in the opening post (not saying you didn't rocket). There is a lot of very good stuff in it.

Ken

>>>>>>>> President Obama quietly increased "In house" oil production by 25% recently. Also giving a lot of gocus on gas. USA is the Saudi Arabia of coal and significant gas reserve as well. So this new production should put some downward preassure on oil price. As long Iran is not under attack, oil price should stay stable in near future.

However if Israel want to attack Iran, the world economy will be effected and no one will be spared (Except your favourite oil producing nations of the Arabian gulf, they will be filthy rich!!). ;-D

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook