Page 15 of 15  •  Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15
Switch to Forum Live View US Navy to remove Muslim images from target range
2 years ago  ::  Jul 13, 2012 - 3:18AM #141
Mlyons619

Jul 13, 2012 -- 3:00AM, Miraj wrote:

Jul 12, 2012 -- 2:54PM, rabello wrote:

Jul 12, 2012 -- 2:28PM, Miraj wrote:

I almost hate to tell you this, but in addition to being an Israeli-American Palestinian Muslim, I'm also a conservative Republican.  However, I despise all politicians except Chris Christie, right now.

Thank you for the real correction!  You don't sound like any Republican I know, which is to say I don't know any Republican who gives one whit about Palestinians, or who supports a "two-state solution," much less a "one-state solutions" or who thinks Palestianians are anything more than "human shields".   However, if you are a conservative Republican, then you don't believe the American military is "evil", as has been accused, right?

I support a one state solution and the military.  MLyons knows this, but he just likes to argue lol.

And so do you.

If there were no folks like us, there would be no BNET Community.

otherwise, why do both of us hang around here, if not for the pleasant company...?

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 13, 2012 - 3:37AM #142
Mlyons619

Folks are WAAAY too serious here.  Now's the time for a little levity...

Think this would be a good NAVY target profile...?

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 13, 2012 - 5:19PM #143
rabello

Jul 13, 2012 -- 3:00AM, Miraj wrote:

I support a one state solution and the military.  MLyons knows this, but he just likes to argue lol.

I will keep that in mind the next time you start a thread about a topic that I am very interested in, and remember to just walk on by.  There are other discussion sites available where people can share their opinions in a mature venue.   Here, we can stick to "I hate Obama" and "I love Obama" threads, here, without much substance behind the hate or the love.

I wanted to think that this is an open forum where all are welcome to contribute (respectfully) without the insults about "stupidity" and "dyslexia" and "lying" and "one sided "truths", and accusations about what does or does not "rock my world" but it simply isn't.  That it could be a place where non-military members can participate without getting shamed and/or slimed.  This place has become a lot like junior high; I am not interested in getting slimed with the preexisting hostiliies some people here carry around like a badge of honor/

Keep up the good fight, Miraj.   Thanks for starting the thread.  I appreciate knowing about it, and I have to say I did not hear of any such thing in the MSM, even tho we're not supposed to talk about it out loud, here.  Sissy civilians not welcome, here, apparently.  And sure enough, hardly anybody who is liberal and not pro-war posts here anymore.

Black Lives Matter
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 13, 2012 - 9:42PM #144
Miraj

You get no argument from me about sensitivity re criticism of the military on the boards.  I've noticed it, too.  It's hard for me to post and keep a critical thread going without interference, and I'm a mod, so I know how frustrated you must be.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 13, 2012 - 11:12PM #145
3neez

I hunt and when I practice I use a target that looks like what I'm shooting at. If you use a black chest/head silhoutte, then it could be said that the "real" target was because of some supposed hatred of blacks (?).

Thank you to all the police officers, sheriff’s deputies, corrections officers, detectives, parole officers, probation officers, SWAT team members, traffic cops, police supervisors, law enforcement managers, and police chiefs from around the world.  Thank you for all that you do to protect and serve our communities and make the world a better place. All lives count.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 15, 2012 - 8:27PM #146
Erey

Jul 13, 2012 -- 11:12PM, 3neez wrote:

I hunt and when I practice I use a target that looks like what I'm shooting at. If you use a black chest/head silhoutte, then it could be said that the "real" target was because of some supposed hatred of blacks (?).

Or maybe hatred of shadows?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 15 of 15  •  Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook