Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View No criminal prosecution of Holder for contempt
2 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2012 - 10:15PM #1
Druac

Something we can actually thank Reagan for. LOL

www.cnn.com/2012/06/29/politics/holder-c...

Washington (CNN) -- The White House and the Justice Department made clear Friday what had been expected all along: Attorney General Eric Holder will not face criminal prosecution under the contempt of Congress citation passed by the U.S. House.

Legal experts noted this week in the runup to Thursday's House vote that President Barack Obama's assertion of executive privilege in the case would prevent a criminal prosecution under a practice dating to the Reagan administration.

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2012 - 11:13PM #2
Find1Answer

Jun 29, 2012 -- 10:15PM, Druac wrote:

Washington (CNN) -- The White House and the Justice Department made clear Friday what had been expected all along: Attorney General Eric Holder will not face criminal prosecution under the contempt of Congress citation passed by the U.S. House.

Legal experts noted this week in the runup to Thursday's House vote that President Barack Obama's assertion of executive privilege in the case would prevent a criminal prosecution under a practice dating to the Reagan administration.

heck I knew that and they knew that before the vote of contempt.    

Bush's "de-Bathification program" eliminated all vestiges of Sunni power in Iraqi society and set the stage for the Sunni insurrection against American occupation and the new Shiite-led government. Bush disbanded the entire Sunni-dominated Iraqi Army and bureaucracy. He didn't change it. He didn't make it more inclusive of Shiites and Kurds. He just disbanded it. It is no accident that two of the top commanders of today's ISIL are former commanders in the Saddam-era Iraqi military.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2012 - 11:15PM #3
Fodaoson

I have posted before the  fast and furious hearings and indictment will come back to bite the  Republicans in the behind.  GW Bush and Ronald Reagan both refused to prosecute officials for not talking to congress on the ground of Executive privilege.

It is very clear that F&F was a GW Bush era operation that went south, both geographically and  figuratively . Obama and  Holder stopped it,       

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2012 - 11:44PM #4
Ed.W

I'm not interested in prosecuting that joke of an AG, he's leaving with Barry in January of next year.

‘Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.’ --Lao Tzu
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2012 - 11:46PM #5
Find1Answer

Jun 29, 2012 -- 11:44PM, Ed.W wrote:

I'm not interested in prosecuting that joke of an AG, he's leaving with Barry in January of next year.

certainly possible

Bush's "de-Bathification program" eliminated all vestiges of Sunni power in Iraqi society and set the stage for the Sunni insurrection against American occupation and the new Shiite-led government. Bush disbanded the entire Sunni-dominated Iraqi Army and bureaucracy. He didn't change it. He didn't make it more inclusive of Shiites and Kurds. He just disbanded it. It is no accident that two of the top commanders of today's ISIL are former commanders in the Saddam-era Iraqi military.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2012 - 1:59AM #6
Habala?!

Jun 29, 2012 -- 11:13PM, Find1Answer wrote:

Anyone with any grasp of the situation knew it. Its a purely political move.

"When you walk, you might like to take the hand of a child. She will receive your concentration and stability, and you will receive her freshness and innocence." -Tich Naht Hanh
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2012 - 2:00AM #7
Habala?!

Jun 29, 2012 -- 11:46PM, Find1Answer wrote:

Jun 29, 2012 -- 11:44PM, Ed.W wrote:

certainly possible

Not too likely at this point. Things may change though.

"When you walk, you might like to take the hand of a child. She will receive your concentration and stability, and you will receive her freshness and innocence." -Tich Naht Hanh
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2012 - 9:06AM #8
aarroottoonn

This was never about a prosecution, it was about bringing injustice to light. The American people know Holder is lying. He lied before, and he is still doing it. The people should know something like that. Now Obama has tied his name to Holder's, and gives Romney another piece of ammunition. That is called a win/win situation.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2012 - 9:08AM #9
aarroottoonn

Jun 30, 2012 -- 1:59AM, Habala?! wrote:

Jun 29, 2012 -- 11:13PM, Find1Answer wrote:

Anyone with any grasp of the situation knew it. Its a purely political move.

Anyone with a grasp of the situation knows that they already caught Holder in a lie, and now he is hiding behind the president to cover up an even worse lie, namely that he was intimately involved with fast and furious from the jump.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2012 - 10:14AM #10
Girlchristian

Jun 29, 2012 -- 11:15PM, Fodaoson wrote:

I have posted before the  fast and furious hearings and indictment will come back to bite the  Republicans in the behind.  GW Bush and Ronald Reagan both refused to prosecute officials for not talking to congress on the ground of Executive privilege.

It is very clear that F&F was a GW Bush era operation that went south, both geographically and  figuratively . Obama and  Holder stopped it,       

Yep and I don't have a problem with Obama doing so. The problem is that Obama on multiple occassions condemned and criticized Bush for using executive privelege and hiding behind it when things got rough. Being a hypocrit will hurt Obama.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook