Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Sad Day Today in the US House of Representatives
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 3:40PM #1
rabello
The Republicans strike, again. Instead of working on the myriad of real problems Americans are facing, the Republicans under The Orange Man at the behest of the criminal Issa, spend the day debating and voting on contempt charges against Attorney General, Eric Holder, even though Holder ended the Bush-Mulkulski (sp?) operation currently called "Fast and Furious" in what has to be one of the most unprinicpled witch hunts we've seen since McCarthy's un-American activities witch hunts.

Shame on you, Tea Partying Republicans.  The Black, Asian, Hispanic and Progressive caucuses plan to walk out on the Repubs.

Mr Boehner, where are the jobs?

Mr Issa, where are Bush and Mulkulski's testimony and documents?
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 3:43PM #2
voice-crying

Jun 28, 2012 -- 3:40PM, rabello wrote:

The Republicans strike, again. Instead of working on the myriad of real problems Americans are facing, the Republicans under The Orange Man at the behest of the criminal Issa, spend the day debating and voting on contempt charges against Attorney General, Eric Holder, even though Holder ended the Bush-Mulkulski (sp?) operation currently called "Fast and Furious" in what has to be one of the most unprinicpled witch hunts we've seen since McCarthy's un-American activities witch hunts.

Shame on you, Tea Partying Republicans.  The Black, Asian, Hispanic and Progressive caucuses plan to walk out on the Repubs.

I want to see them walk out; I love to cry tears of joySmile

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 3:44PM #3
Druac

Everyone that knows something about politics knows this is just a political show from the right. The sad news is that their "base" supports it.

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 3:48PM #4
voice-crying

you know that n, r and a are powerful-

a million here and a million there, and pretty soon you're loosing big moneyMoney Mouth

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 3:52PM #5
withwonderingawe

Jun 28, 2012 -- 3:44PM, Druac wrote:

Everyone that knows something about politics knows this is just a political show from the right. The sad news is that their "base" supports it.

Ya all know if Holder was a Republican he would have been out of there a long time ago! 

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 3:53PM #6
Druac

Jun 28, 2012 -- 3:52PM, withwonderingawe wrote:

Jun 28, 2012 -- 3:44PM, Druac wrote:

Ya all know if Holder was a Republican he would have been out of there a long time ago! 

ROFL...I know no such thing...Ya all.

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 4:04PM #7
catboxer

I think this is great! It doesn't have quite the drawing power of spunk on a blue dress, but it's equally silly and contrived -- a genuine Rehooligan feeding frenzy.

The main difference is the country is much, much more troubled now than it was then.

But that's something these nitwits are oblivious to. They won't notice that there are millions of real people with actual severe problems among us until the ground is on fire under their feet.

Then, of course, it will be too late for them to do anything about it, but they'll sure be fun to watch.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 4:42PM #8
rabello

Well, a majority of Democrats did, indeed, walk out on the hatefull Republicans....110 of them....so you and I can share tears of joy, voice-crying!

17 heartless and unprinicpled Democrats voted for, probably in a bend-over to the NRA, and should be ejected from the Democratic Party, since they do not stand for prinicple or justice.

The sad part is not only that the Republican "base" supports sh*t like this, but they could actually detain Holder until there's a trial, there is a "cell" in the capitol exactly for that. Whether the extremist Republicans will go that far remains to be seen.

And to think conservatives get M.A.D. when they are criticized for their heartlessness!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 5:07PM #9
catboxer

Jun 28, 2012 -- 4:42PM, rabello wrote:

Well, a majority of Democrats did, indeed, walk out on the hatefull Republicans....110 of them....so you and I can share tears of joy, voice-crying!

17 heartless and unprinicpled Democrats voted for, probably in a bend-over to the NRA, and should be ejected from the Democratic Party, since they do not stand for prinicple or justice.

In order to redeem itself and win back those of us who have become alienated from them, the Democratic Party needs to start by kicking out the Blue Dogs. Where will they go? Who cares?

But I agree with Professor Roberto Unger, who taught the law to Mr Obama, that isn't going to happen unless Obama is defeated this fall. The Democrats in their current, Obama/DNC-led form don't have the hearts, spines, or brains to do such a thing.

And kicking the Blue Dogs down the road would just be a beginning. There's much, much more the Democrats need to do to clean house and become a people's party once more. Since Rahm Emanuel has gone off to Chicago, they might be able to do it.

Or maybe not. That's up to them.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 7:37PM #10
aarroottoonn

Jun 28, 2012 -- 3:40PM, rabello wrote:

Fast and Furious wasn't a Bush operation. Bush put gps devices on guns, and it stopped almost immediately. This was completely different.

I think it is pretty principled, give us the info we request, and go on your way. The question is why is Holder doing what he is doing? Can't say for certain, but likely he has his hands all over this, and wants to keep his job.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook