Switch to Forum Live View Supreme Court upholds individual mandate
2 years ago  ::  Jul 02, 2012 - 9:47AM #171
Bodean

I wish.

Jul 2, 2012 -- 9:36AM, teilhard wrote:

Go For It ...

Jul 2, 2012 -- 8:20AM, Bodean wrote:

Where do you see that????

Actually, there is a huge disincentive to do things ... it's called .. your money.  Even the poor will be "charged according to ability" based on an algorithm.  Further the Public System will be heavy in lower level practitioners.

Fee for Service, and eliminating all this $10 copay crap and negotiated prices will limit demand and bring down the cost of heatlhcare.

AND .... since I'm eliminating the failed policies of Medicare/Medicaid, the entire thing could be funded on about 1/2 of what we spend now. .. and NOBODY is left out. ... not even the rich guy who just doesn't want insurance, or the poor, or the working poor who don't qualify for the freebees, but can't buy insurnace ..... because .. INSURANCE is not the answer .. HEALTHCARE is.

Jul 2, 2012 -- 12:10AM, teilhard wrote:

Sounds sensible to me ...

EXCEPT that there are too many built-in Incentives to do Things -- Tests, Treatments, Interventions -- simply because we CAN do them ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 02, 2012 - 9:50AM #172
TENAC

WSJ Chief Economist: 75% of Obamacare Costs Will Fall on Backs of Those Making Less Than $120K a Year 

So how much will obama lie before it is called

a lie.

Less than a trillion, oh, but its almost double that (and we are talking T trillion.

Yeah, yeah, you won, ya think?

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 02, 2012 - 10:09AM #173
Bodean

Jul 2, 2012 -- 9:50AM, TENAC wrote:

WSJ Chief Economist: 75% of Obamacare Costs Will Fall on Backs of Those Making Less Than $120K a Year 

So how much will obama lie before it is called

a lie.

Less than a trillion, oh, but its almost double that (and we are talking T trillion.

Yeah, yeah, you won, ya think?

Speaking of Lies ... the Queen of Lies .. Pelosi, and other Democrats are STILL trying to pretend it is not a tax ...even though Roberts SAID .. it can pass because it is a TAX.

Talk about mired in deception!  As I always say ....

Lie and Deceive, and exploit the poor for political gain.

That should be the Title on the Democrat Web Page.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 02, 2012 - 11:30AM #174
Cesmom

Jul 1, 2012 -- 9:50PM, Bodean wrote:

3) I can promise you that you will see NO refund.  When they say 80 cents of every dollar must go to care, that means 80% of what they take in.  If you pay in your $500/mo premium, and don't get sick once in the year, I would advise you not to wait by the mailbox for a check from your insurance company for a $4800 dollar refund.  It's not going to happen.  With the addition of a more "hgh risk" patient population, demand is going to go higher.  Odds are, Premium are going to rise.  In fact, they've already risen due to anticipation, and will likely go up further as time progresses.

Somebody's getting paid back...

www.bna.com/insurers-pay-11-b12884910172...

Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 02, 2012 - 11:59AM #175
teilhard

... or not ...

Jul 2, 2012 -- 9:47AM, Bodean wrote:

I wish.

Jul 2, 2012 -- 9:36AM, teilhard wrote:

Go For It ...

Jul 2, 2012 -- 8:20AM, Bodean wrote:

Where do you see that????

Actually, there is a huge disincentive to do things ... it's called .. your money.  Even the poor will be "charged according to ability" based on an algorithm.  Further the Public System will be heavy in lower level practitioners.

Fee for Service, and eliminating all this $10 copay crap and negotiated prices will limit demand and bring down the cost of heatlhcare.

AND .... since I'm eliminating the failed policies of Medicare/Medicaid, the entire thing could be funded on about 1/2 of what we spend now. .. and NOBODY is left out. ... not even the rich guy who just doesn't want insurance, or the poor, or the working poor who don't qualify for the freebees, but can't buy insurnace ..... because .. INSURANCE is not the answer .. HEALTHCARE is.

Jul 2, 2012 -- 12:10AM, teilhard wrote:

Sounds sensible to me ...

EXCEPT that there are too many built-in Incentives to do Things -- Tests, Treatments, Interventions -- simply because we CAN do them ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 02, 2012 - 9:19PM #176
Bodean

Jul 2, 2012 -- 11:30AM, Cesmom wrote:

3) I can promise you that you will see NO refund.  When they say 80 cents of every dollar must go to care, that means 80% of what they take in.  If you pay in your $500/mo premium, and don't get sick once in the year, I would advise you not to wait by the mailbox for a check from your insurance company for a $4800 dollar refund.  It's not going to happen.  With the addition of a more "hgh risk" patient population, demand is going to go higher.  Odds are, Premium are going to rise.  In fact, they've already risen due to anticipation, and will likely go up further as time progresses.

Well ...let me know if you get a check.

I have nothing against capping the insurance companies profits.  But I'll be suprised if it amounts to significant savings to anyone.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2012 - 12:36AM #177
aarroottoonn

Jul 2, 2012 -- 9:19PM, Bodean wrote:

I have nothing against capping the insurance companies profits.  But I'll be suprised if it amounts to significant savings to anyone.

This is mostly a myth. Some people are to get refunds, but no one is saying the amount anyone gets is significant.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2012 - 9:33AM #178
Cesmom

Jul 2, 2012 -- 9:19PM, Bodean wrote:

I'm not looking to get a check, and I don't know that this will amount to a significant savings to anyone, but this is definitely one aspect of the Affordable Healthcare Act that I think is an excellent idea.  It forces some financial accountability onto the insurance companies.

In a perfect world, health insurance and healthcare would all be nonprofit.  We have plenty of other things in this country people can make a profit off of...something as vital as healthcare shouldn't be one of them.

The 80% rule forces the health insurance companies to look a little more like a nonprofit organization.  It forces them to actually spend the majority of their income towards healthcare...the way it should be.

Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2012 - 9:38AM #179
Bodean

Jul 3, 2012 -- 9:33AM, Cesmom wrote:

I'm not looking to get a check, and I don't know that this will amount to a significant savings to anyone, but this is definitely one aspect of the Affordable Healthcare Act that I think is an excellent idea.  It forces some financial accountability onto the insurance companies.

In a perfect world, health insurance and healthcare would all be nonprofit.  We have plenty of other things in this country people can make a profit off of...something as vital as healthcare shouldn't be one of them.

The 80% rule forces the health insurance companies to look a little more like a nonprofit organization.  It forces them to actually spend the majority of their income towards healthcare...the way it should be.

I'm totally on board with it Cesmom. ... even gave you kudos on the heatlhcare savings thread.

There are some good things in the AHCA  ... like this, pre-existing conditions, and few other points .... but there is also a lot of bad.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2012 - 9:41AM #180
teilhard

IOW, The ACA is a BETTER Situation than we had previously and it isn't PERFECT ... I agree ... 

The REASONABLE Thing is to engage TOGETHER in an ongoing genuine REFORM of our entire Health Care System sans Hysteria and Blame-Gaming ...

Jul 3, 2012 -- 9:38AM, Bodean wrote:

Jul 3, 2012 -- 9:33AM, Cesmom wrote:

I'm totally on board with it Cesmom. ... even gave you kudos on the heatlhcare savings thread.

There are some good things in the AHCA  ... like this, pre-existing conditions, and few other points .... but there is also a lot of bad.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 18 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook