Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Auschwitz Survivor Speaks Out
2 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2012 - 10:45AM #1
ted08721
Dr Hajo Meyer says that the treatment of Palestinians is much like the treatment the Jews recieved from the Germans

www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=9...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2012 - 12:56PM #2
Mlyons619

Oh really, Ted?

Show me the crematoriums.

Show me the emaciated living skeletons.

Show me the piles and piles of bodies.

Why do you continue to swallow these lies whole...?

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2012 - 1:49PM #3
ted08721

Jun 26, 2012 -- 12:56PM, Mlyons619 wrote:

Oh really, Ted?

I guess you didn't read the article.

Moderated by Beliefnet_community on Jun 26, 2012 - 09:30PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2012 - 3:11PM #4
browbeaten

Jun 26, 2012 -- 1:49PM, ted08721 wrote:

Jun 26, 2012 -- 12:56PM, Mlyons619 wrote:

Oh really, Ted?

I guess you didn't read the article as usual.

The comparison, ALONE, is such bull$hit, that posting it only gives off the same smell.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2012 - 5:27PM #5
LeahOne

I read the article.  And your point would be?  The man has a right to have and express an opinion.  I think he's wildly exaggerating to say the least.

What I'm certain of, is that such expressions are being USED by unscrupulous people to demonize Israelis and Judaism itself. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2012 - 10:08PM #6
Dostojevsky

Dr Hajo said there are parallels.

Quote:

"He said: "The Israelis tried to dehumanise the Palestinians, just like the Nazis tried to dehumanise me. Nobody should dehumanise any other and those who try to dehumanise another are not human.
"It may be that Israel is not the most cruel country in the world ... but one thing I know for sure is that Israel is the world champion in pretending to be civilised and cultured."

This is not news but important that people speak about it so we get a balanced view.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2012 - 10:39PM #7
Mlyons619

..."The Israelis tried to dehumanise the Palestinians, just like the Nazis tried to dehumanise me...

Again, BULL$#!%!!!

How does Israelis "dehumanize" Palestinians?

Did Israelis shave any heads?

Did they make Palestinians wear Star and Crescents on their closthes?

Did they tatoo numbers on their arms?

This is such manure...

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2012 - 11:10PM #8
LeahOne

Dos posted  "This is not news but important that people speak about it so we get a balanced view."

You're right about one thing:  this is not 'news' in the sense of 'analysis' or 'examination'.  It is one person's opinion,  and as opinion is not fact it does nothing to add to any 'balance' whatsoever.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2012 - 11:22PM #9
JAstor

Picture of the Gaza concentration camp...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2012 - 1:45AM #10
habesor

Ted,

cc: Dos

The unsubtantiated claim by one person that Israel dehumanizes the Palestinians, is not a very substantial basis for making such an accusation. The interesting thing about all of this, Ted, is how some folks are very quick to seize on any unsubstantiated claim such as this one, to prove that Israel dehumanizes the Palestinians or the Arabs while these same folks reject, deny or simply ignore the mountain of documented evidence that the Arabs are engaged in a long campaign to dehumanize Israelis and to dehumanize Jews. For instance I came across the following:

“In Europe, being an anti-racist makes one automatically a leftist. When you fight anti-Semitism however, you are seen as a right-winger – a supporter of the Likud and of Sharon. This is untrue, as I am a conscious Jew who belongs to the peace camp. I see myself as a friend of Israel, yet critical of some of its policies. But once you become aware of the enormous Arab hate and demonization of Israel you have to defend Israel. I am horrified by the impact of anti-Zionism combined with the great ignorance I often find among people about Israel.

The cartoons in my book – representative of a much larger collection – show how old Christian myths of the diabolic Jew are resuscitated in the Arab world. Palestinian cartoonists often lay the emphasis on ritual murder of children. They then try to give this tenability by claiming that Israelis target Palestinian children.”

The statement appears in an article with numerous examples taken from the Arab press.  It can be found at:

jcpa.org/article/major-anti-semitic-moti... 

I noticed, Ted, that in the article you cited in the OP, other than making the allegation, there was no documentation or examples to speak of, substantiating what was alleged.

By the way, Ted, I will include a citation that discusses dehumanization engaged in by both sides. I don't agree with everything in the article (for instance, some of what was said about the IDF soldiers is not dehumanization while the article missed what I consider to be more segnificant examples in Israeli society and totally ignored comparing the efforts on both sides to counter the dehumanization) but I think that it would have made a much better citation for the OP.

www.thestar.com/article/606064--how-isra... 

Habesor 

Habesor
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook