Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View File under:Can Americans get any more pathetic
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 6:39PM #1
christzen

sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-r...

The gist is a woman is suing a 13 yr old kid for $150K for an errant throw at a Little League game that hit her in the face.She is also making the incredibly stupid claim that throwing a baseball within the confines of a Little League field is an         " inappropriate" sporting activity.

Sometimes you just have to wonder what the hell has gone wrong with people in this country.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 6:59PM #2
Druac

Well...with the current count at THREE HUNDRED MILLION and going UP...my guess is there are quite a few dip-shits out there amongst us. But don't fret...it most likely is just that the media likes to focus on the dip-shits the most.

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 8:05PM #3
Unworthyone

Suing a little leaguer?

The woman ought to read the back of any major league baseball park admission ticket.  It clearly states there is an assumed risk of being hit and injured by thrown balls, bats, etc.  If the courts let this proceed, we are surely doomed.

If I was a lawyer, I would take this case pro bono and insist on a jury trial.

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 8:12PM #4
aarroottoonn

Jun 25, 2012 -- 6:39PM, christzen wrote:

sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-r...

The gist is a woman is suing a 13 yr old kid for $150K for an errant throw at a Little League game that hit her in the face.She is also making the incredibly stupid claim that throwing a baseball within the confines of a Little League field is an         " inappropriate" sporting activity.

Sometimes you just have to wonder what the hell has gone wrong with people in this country.

The answer is lawyers. If there wasn't an ambulance chaser, there wouldn't be a lawsuit. Another example of lawyers are scum.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 9:07PM #5
REteach

She presumably has the help of a lawyer in this.

I heard it said that one lawyer in a town doesn't have enough to do, but two can't keep up.

It has also been said that the difference between a dead lawyer in the middle of the road and a dead skunk in the middle of the road is that there are skid marks in front of the skunk.

This is the kind of case the produces lawyer jokes--which tend to be pretty dark. 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 9:09PM #6
catboxer

My fellow Americans, the question is now before us, "Can we get any more pathetic?"

I've never been one to pussy-foot around, so I'll give you an emphatic "Yes" for an answer.

YES! WE CAN!

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2012 - 11:50AM #7
Erey

I am sure we can get more pathetic.

But this law suit is mean-spirited just really greedy and mean.  Little League is a national organization and dues are paid.  Part of those dues go to cover insurance for players on the field.

I bet the Little League organization is drug into this too and loses money that might go to developing programs for kids. 

The next thing you know all the spectators will be obligated to wear full face mask helmets while at a game.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2012 - 4:18PM #8
Cesmom

I hope the boy's family does find a lawyer that would take the case pro bono because it's completely ridiculous that they even be forced to incur legal expenses because this woman is obviously a greedy, sue-happy lunatic.

I found this interesting from the article.  She's even trying to claim that he hit her on purpose.  All I can say is...WOW.

"Migliaccio and his family's representatives have steadfastly insisted the injury was the result of a genuine accident, but Lloyd and her lawyers are now claiming that the young catcher's throw was intentionally offline, leading to "severe, painful and permanent injuries." Lloyd's lawsuit hascategorized the elementary schooler's throw as assault and battery."

Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2012 - 5:08PM #9
catboxer

This is America, where a person can sue anybody, for any reason.

Please note, however, that not all lawsuits are successful.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2012 - 8:28PM #10
REteach

But it still costs the people on the receiving end. I'll bet the dingleberry goes after Little League and the park when she loses against the kid. 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook