Switch to Forum Live View Pipe Dreams - Hamas ruins its own water supply
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 5:46PM #1
rocketjsquirell
More about Gaza and water. IT is worse that you thought - and yes, the fault lies with Hamas

Pipe Dreams
June 14, 2012 12:36 by Pesach Benson
. . .
Hamas and its Big Media sycophants have a pipe dream that Israel simply lift the blockade of Gaza regardless of the security costs involved. That’s one reason NGO reports like this one attract press interest.

But no conversation about Gaza’s sewage system is complete without some info that goes against the Beeb/NGO storyline:

The Palestinians ripped up their own sewage system to make rockets out of the pipes. And deliveries of Israeli-made pipes were sent to Qassam factories, which is why Israel no longer sends the material.

Of course, Gazans can look across their southern border to Egypt for sewage assistance, advice, and inspiration, right?'
. . .
full article: honestreporting.com/pipe-dreams/
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 10:53PM #2
habesor

The situation isn't as dire as expressed in the article. I was at the Kerem Shalom crossing about a year ago when it was announced that Israel had prevented a shipment of metal sewer pipes from being imported to Gaza from some third country. While standing there, quite by chance I watched as a truck load of sewer pipes headed into Gaza. These sewer pipes were made of plastic and therefore could not be made into Kassams but it remains to be seen if they will be used to construct Gaza's sewer system. As for Gaza's water supply, that has more to do with mismanagement, starting with the Fatah rulers and continuing with Hamas, than anything else. 

I saw a TV report on the water shortage in India. The Indian officials interviewed all agreed that their problem was due to mismanagement and not lack of rain or increased population. I suppose it is easier to blame your water problems on the Israelis than to do something about it. But then again, by being realistic about the causes of their water problems the Indians will probably solve the problem a lot quicker than the Hamas.

I wonder what would happen if the "humanitarians" expressing concern about the quality of drinking water in Gaza publicly blamed the Hamas. Certainly the people who I know who live in Gaza are not fooled by Hamas/"humanitarian" propaganda on this issue. 

Efraim

Habesor
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook