Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Win a Battle, Lose a War
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 8:15AM #1
TENAC
It could happen.

I had thought of this and this article plays to part of it.

obama's defeat in obamacare could possibly lead to his victory in November.  But maybe not like you think.

I believe corporate America is ready to hire.  Chomping at the bit so to speak.  But have not simply due to many unknowns with in the leadership in this administration.

One of the biggest unknowns is obamacare.  It could mandate business pay millions, billions.

For republicans.

After the SCOTUS comes down with a decsion, you can bet something's going to happen.  If it is struck down completely, you could see a hiring boom that would sweep obama back into the WH with unemployment dropping, rapidly. 

It is inconceiveble to me that this admnistration is bright enough to have planned such, far too big a gamble.  They want socialized medicine for sure.

It is not inconceiveable to me that the individual mandate was put into place to be struck down (separately) only to hve obama reroute the funding through tax increases, or simply through an expansion of Medicare.

If it is totally struck down, obama will win reelection because I dont think the Romney campaign will play its demise successfully enough to take advantage.

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 9:04AM #2
Armwar

that is an interesting twist...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 11:37AM #3
aarroottoonn

Jun 24, 2012 -- 8:15AM, TENAC wrote:

It could happen.

obama's defeat in obamacare could possibly lead to his victory in November.  But maybe not like you think.

I believe corporate America is ready to hire.  Chomping at the bit so to speak.  But have not simply due to many unknowns with in the leadership in this administration.

One of the biggest unknowns is obamacare.  It could mandate business pay millions, billions.

For republicans.

After the SCOTUS comes down with a decsion, you can bet something's going to happen.  If it is struck down completely, you could see a hiring boom that would sweep obama back into the WH with unemployment dropping, rapidly. 

It is inconceiveble to me that this admnistration is bright enough to have planned such, far too big a gamble.  They want socialized medicine for sure.

It is not inconceiveable to me that the individual mandate was put into place to be struck down (separately) only to hve obama reroute the funding through tax increases, or simply through an expansion of Medicare.

If it is totally struck down, obama will win reelection because I dont think the Romney campaign will play its demise successfully enough to take advantage.

That sounds worse than the reality. We are moving toward a recession, and all signs point to that. I see zero signs that businesses are chomping at the bit to hire. Obamacare intact will harm small and mid sized businesses the most, and they hire most of the people. Overturning it (which is unlikely to happen on the whole) is not suddenly going to lead to a mad frenzy of hiring, many other factors go into that, most especially sales.

Obama would love an election today, because if the economy tanks, it is going to tank right at the election. I have always thought Romney, if he is going to win, would do so in a very tight race. What we are starting to see now is a potential Romney landslide, with MI, NC, VA, CO, OH, FL, PA, and WI all really strong Romney potentials that become locks with a new recession.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 1:17PM #4
TENAC

Jun 24, 2012 -- 11:37AM, aarroottoonn wrote:

It could happen.

For republicans.

That sounds worse than the reality. We are moving toward a recession, and all signs point to that. I see zero signs that businesses are chomping at the bit to hire. Obamacare intact will harm small and mid sized businesses the most, and they hire most of the people. Overturning it (which is unlikely to happen on the whole) is not suddenly going to lead to a mad frenzy of hiring, many other factors go into that, most especially sales.

Obama would love an election today, because if the economy tanks, it is going to tank right at the election. I have always thought Romney, if he is going to win, would do so in a very tight race. What we are starting to see now is a potential Romney landslide, with MI, NC, VA, CO, OH, FL, PA, and WI all really strong Romney potentials that become locks with a new recession.

Its going to be interesting if they only strike down the mandate.

That would relieve business that they werent going to be funding this, but the unknowing part of how the rest of it will proceed will give some to pause, but some hiring will take place.

If it is totally struck down, business will put it in gear.  Unemployment will drop, but it will take more for a felt recovery.

Keep in mind 1/7 of the economy is health care.  Two weeks ago Medicare struck down reimburse on TENs units for lower back pain.  Stroke of a pen, and its gone.  Stupid ruling.  Many people managed their pain quite will over the past 30 years due to TENs therapy.  So what is the option now?  $500 TENs therapy or $15,000 back surgery?  My TENs therapy is no longer covered so I guess will have the surgery. 

Typical liberal mentality; 

Ready.....FIRE.....Aim.......

There are a lot of medical products in the pipeline.  If they cant get reimbursed, they will die there.  Medicare is doing this weekly.  Most people have no idea how much of obamacare has begun.

We just began distributing a product that is absolutely phenomenal.  Can patients do without it?  Absolutely.  Will the outcomes be as good?  Not a chance.

This is where the US is headed in health care;  good enough, mediocrity.

That is NOT America.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 1:28PM #5
Find1Answer

It could happen.

For republicans.

what is a small business.   under 50    under 25.    here is a link detailing what AHC will do to small business.

www.billlosey.com/articles/how-will-obam...

for all the thousands of pages and regs and what not   Congress conveniently forgot to put a cap on premiums that are said to be raised before 2014  just because they can.     I do not understand why the premiums need to increase if the mandate was left alone.    more people more money.     you would think after thirty years of trying to come up with health care reform they could have gotten that handled.    except the act was written to coddle the insurance industry.

"I don’t care if the federal government is telling me to buy my employees Jack Daniel’s or birth control. What gives them the right to tell me that I have to do that? That’s my issue, that’s what I object to, and that’s the beginning and end of the story."

This hint that Potter had merely swaddled an anti-government rant within a "religious" blanket illustrates the main problem with Justice Samuel Alito's majority opinion in Hobby Lobby: it takes claims of religious scruples for granted.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-expanded-hobby-lobby-20140702-column.html#page=1
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 4:08PM #6
aarroottoonn

Jun 24, 2012 -- 1:28PM, Find1Answer wrote:

It could happen.

For republicans.

what is a small business.   under 50    under 25.    here is a link detailing what AHC will do to small business.

www.billlosey.com/articles/how-will-obam...

for all the thousands of pages and regs and what not   Congress conveniently forgot to put a cap on premiums that are said to be raised before 2014  just because they can.     I do not understand why the premiums need to increase if the mandate was left alone.    more people more money.     you would think after thirty years of trying to come up with health care reform they could have gotten that handled.    except the act was written to coddle the insurance industry.

There is no hard an fast rule as to what small business is. I have heard it as large as 1500 employees. Most have fewer than 100, many fewer than 5.Under 49 employees and you aren't part of Obamacare.

Obamacare wasn't written for the insurance industry. They wouldn't accepted those with pre-existing conditions if it were. They certainly lobbied to make it as less damaging to them as they could. As to the mandate, the penalty is so low, that it will make much more sense for most people to pay the penalty until they get sick, then get insurance that insurance companies will be forced to cover you. My penalty vs what I pay for insurance would be worth $1400 to me to pay the penalty. That is what happens when you have a stupid law.

It has been shown recently that all the "job growth" we have had under Obama has come from those who chose to start their own business, plus contract labor. Those groups will not have insurance.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 10:58PM #7
catboxer

There is no hard an fast rule as to what small business is. I have heard it as large as 1500 employees. Most have fewer than 100, many fewer than 5.Under 49 employees and you aren't part of Obamacare.

A mouse is an animal,

Therefore,

A large mouse is a large animal.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 11:24AM #8
Unworthyone

It could happen.

For republicans.

OMG, you're right!  The worst thing that could happen to the Republicans is the economy and the employment numbers improve before the election.  Therefore, it is in the best interests of the Republicans to make sure that doesn't happen.  Surely, they've got enough money and clout on Wall Street to make sure the economy implodes right before the election, and the American electorate is historically stupid and naive enough to blame the incumbent president.  So what if the majority of working Americans continue to feel the pain?  They deserve it.  After all, they were responsible for Obama's election in the first place.  Maybe next time they'll think twice before they pull that lever.  They'll eventually learn that the ruling class is not to be trifled with.

Seems to me all they need to do is get handful of large institutional investors to pull completely out of the market right before the election. The market will crash, Obama will be blamed.  As soon as Romney is confirmed as the winner, they simply put everything back into the market, no muss, no fuss.  And when the market rebounds shortly after the election, Romney will get the credit, and it will solidify his claim to being the guy who knows how to fix the economy.  No politician would dare oppose his plan to de-regulate all industries everywhere and pass even deeper tax cuts to those at the top.  They could have it all in place and operational before anyone could show it was all a scam to rig the election.

My plan is to have all my money sitting on the sidelines.  When the market crashes right before the election, I'm going to buy an index of the entire market and ride the wave up as the big boys get back in right after the election.

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 8:11PM #9
Find1Answer

Jun 24, 2012 -- 1:17PM, TENAC wrote:

It could happen.

For republicans.

That would relieve business that they werent going to be funding this, but the unknowing part of how the rest of it will proceed will give some to pause, but some hiring will take place.

If it is totally struck down, business will put it in gear.  Unemployment will drop, but it will take more for a felt recovery.

Keep in mind 1/7 of the economy is health care.  Two weeks ago Medicare struck down reimburse on TENs units for lower back pain.  Stroke of a pen, and its gone.  Stupid ruling.  Many people managed their pain quite will over the past 30 years due to TENs therapy.  So what is the option now?  $500 TENs therapy or $15,000 back surgery?  My TENs therapy is no longer covered so I guess will have the surgery. 

There are a lot of medical products in the pipeline.  If they cant get reimbursed, they will die there.  Medicare is doing this weekly.  Most people have no idea how much of obamacare has begun.

We just began distributing a product that is absolutely phenomenal.  Can patients do without it?  Absolutely.  Will the outcomes be as good?  Not a chance.

That is NOT America.

tens therapy was exploited by the chiropractors and others that use it.      they overcharged way too much.   I thought you guys were all over medical billing fraud.     and if you are going for a surgery over an alternative therapy because you will only seek care that is covered then I don't know what to say.     

"I don’t care if the federal government is telling me to buy my employees Jack Daniel’s or birth control. What gives them the right to tell me that I have to do that? That’s my issue, that’s what I object to, and that’s the beginning and end of the story."

This hint that Potter had merely swaddled an anti-government rant within a "religious" blanket illustrates the main problem with Justice Samuel Alito's majority opinion in Hobby Lobby: it takes claims of religious scruples for granted.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-expanded-hobby-lobby-20140702-column.html#page=1
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 10:47PM #10
TENAC

Jun 25, 2012 -- 8:11PM, Find1Answer wrote:

Jun 24, 2012 -- 1:17PM, TENAC wrote:

It could happen.

For republicans.

That is NOT America.

tens therapy was exploited by the chiropractors and others that use it.      they overcharged way too much.   I thought you guys were all over medical billing fraud.     and if you are going for a surgery over an alternative therapy because you will only seek care that is covered then I don't know what to say.     

No, it wasnt over utilization that caused CMS to act.  Over utilizatoin is a reason to look into it.  Billing TENs is a pain in the @$$, and I dont know many chiropractors that do it on going.  My experience has been that they had rather keep the patient returning on a continuing basis for adjustments.

CMS based the decision on a single paper:

www.aan.com/press/index.cfm?fuseaction=r...

www.hmenews.com/article/cms-one-step-clo...

www.hmenews.com/article/cms-posts-final-...

CMS has to write the final rule on it, so it could possibly not happen, but this is a shining example of something that is benefical, cost savings, that a govt program cant quite wrap its arms around.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook