Post Reply
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 12:32PM #1
Merope
Posts: 10,210
Moved from the "Syria Mess Continues" thread.  I think this post deserves its own thread


12 hours ago  ::  Jun 22, 2012 -  9:08PM



vickijeanplessinger



vickijeanplessinger



Posts: 4






Jun 21, 2012 --  8:19AM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Too little too late? Is this the right thing to do? Sure wish I knew how to fix the situation.


C.I.A. Said to Aid in Steering Arms to Syrian Opposition


WASHINGTON — A small number of C.I.A. officers are operating secretly in southern Turkey, helping allies decide which Syrian opposition fighters across the border will receive arms to fight the Syrian government, according to American officials and Arab intelligence officers.


. . .


The weapons, including automatic rifles, rocket-propelled grenades, ammunition and some antitank weapons, are being funneled mostly across the Turkish border by way of a shadowy network of intermediaries including Syria’s Muslim Brotherhood and paid for by Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar, the officials said.


The C.I.A. officers have been in southern Turkey for several weeks, in part to help keep weapons out of the hands of fighters allied with Al Qaeda or other terrorist groups, one senior American official said. The Obama administration has said it is not providing arms to the rebels, but it has also acknowledged that Syria’s neighbors would do so.


. . .


full article:


www.nytimes.com/2012/06/21/world/middlee...



Hello, I received this e-mail today & thought it was well worth sharing.God bless.


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE


June 21, 2012


Contact: Nathan Carleton, press@uani.com


Phone: (212) 554-3296



UANI Responds to Ahmadinejad's Remarks at Rio+20 Summit



New York, NY - United Against Nuclear Iran (UANI) CEO, Ambassador Mark D. Wallace, issued the following statement Thursday regarding Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's remarks at the Rio+20 Earth Summit in Brazil, where he spoke of "wars by Zionists" and called for a New World Order:



Once again, President Ahmadinejad has misused a multilateral conference, in this case an environmental summit, as a platform to spread the Iranian regime's offensive rhetoric. Iran continues to show no interest in being a responsible world actor, and no member of the international community should treat it as one.



Ahmadinejad's behavior today confirms why hotels and other private businesses should stop accommodating him and his delegation, and enabling him to hijack the goals and agendas of important international events. We call on all New York City hotels and businesses to deny accommodation to Ahmadinejad and his delegation this September, during the UN General Assembly opening session.



This week, UANI called on Brazil's Royal Tulip Hotel, of France-based Golden Tulip Hospitality Group, to reverse its decision to host Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his delegation during this week's meeting of the Rio+20. UANI also called on the Novotel Rio de Janeiro Santos Dumont hotel of the Accor Hotels Group and the Hotel Praia Ipanema to reverse their decision to host Iran's delegation.


Click here to read UANI's full letter to the Golden Tulip Hospitality Group and Royal Tulip Rio de Janeiro.


Click here to read UANI's letter to Accor Hotels and Novotel Rio de Janeiro Santos Dumont.


Click here to read UANI's letter to the Hotel Praia Ipanema.


Click here to send a message to the hotels.


Click here to visit UANI's Hotels Campaigns page.


### 



United Against Nuclear Iran (UANI) is a program of the American Coalition Against Nuclear Iran, Inc., a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The prospect of a nuclear-armed Iran should concern every American and be unacceptable to the community of nations. Since 1979 the Iranian regime, most recently under President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's leadership, has demonstrated increasingly threatening behavior and rhetoric toward the US and the West. Iran continues to defy the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and the United Nations in their attempts to monitor its nuclear activities. A number of Arab states have warned that Iran's development of nuclear weapons poses a threat to Middle East stability and could provoke a regional nuclear arms race. In short, the prospect of a nuclear armed Iran is a danger to world peace.
United Against Nuclear Iran (UANI) is a non-partisan, broad-based coalition that is united in a commitment to prevent Iran from fulfilling its ambition to become a regional super-power possessing nuclear weapons.  UANI is an issue-based coalition in which each coalition member will have its own interests as well as the collective goal of advancing an Iran free of nuclear weapons.
The Objectives of United Against a Nuclear Iran

  1. Inform the public about the nature of the Iranian regime, including its desire and intent to possess nuclear weapons, as well as Iran's role as a state sponsor of global terrorism, and a major violator of human rights at home and abroad;
  2. Heighten awareness nationally and internationally about the danger that a nuclear armed Iran poses to the region and the world;
  3. Mobilize public support, utilize media outreach, and persuade our elected leaders to voice a robust and united American opposition to a nuclear Iran;
  4. Lay the groundwork for effective US policies in coordination with European and other allies;
  5. Persuade the regime in Tehran to desist from its quest for nuclear weapons, while striving not to punish the Iranian people, and;
  6. Promote efforts that focus on vigorous national and international, social, economic, political and diplomatic measures.

UANI is led by an advisory board of outstanding national figures representing all sectors of our country.





American Coalition Against Nuclear Iran | 45 Rockefeller Plaza | New York | NY | 10111


Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 12:56PM #2
LeahOne
Posts: 16,402

Unfortunately, we're unlikely to get the transparancy from the Russian-Iranian side : ((   But it seems obvious that this is 'bilateral' activity.


And no, I don't think a nuclear Iran would be good for anyone outside of Iran.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2013 - 8:12PM #3
vickijeanplessinger
Posts: 42

Jun 23, 2012 -- 12:56PM, LeahOne wrote:

Unfortunately, we're unlikely to get the transparancy from the Russian-Iranian side : ((   But it seems obvious that this is 'bilateral' activity.


And no, I don't think a nuclear Iran would be good for anyone outside of Iran.


Hello Leah, I just came across your redirect...thank you. 7 months after I started this thread,things are certainly heating up and are nearing the boiling point,I do believe.Let's not forget,that there is Biblical Prophecy concerning Syria.The Israeli's Know what's really going on...that is why they did the recent bombing.God be with them,I pray.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2013 - 9:13PM #4
vickijeanplessinger
Posts: 42

Jun 23, 2012 -- 12:56PM, LeahOne wrote:

Unfortunately, we're unlikely to get the transparancy from the Russian-Iranian side : ((   But it seems obvious that this is 'bilateral' activity.


And no, I don't think a nuclear Iran would be good for anyone outside of Iran.


Eye On Damascus Syria & Bible Prophecy - YouTube




www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJjdbFn5Tgk

Jan 31, 2009 - Uploaded by johnmuncy

This is a short commentary about the area known as Damascus Syria, the oldest city in the world, and it's ...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2013 - 9:33PM #5
ted08721
Posts: 3,757

Jan 30, 2013 -- 8:12PM, vickijeanplessinger wrote:

Jun 23, 2012 -- 12:56PM, LeahOne wrote:


Unfortunately, we're unlikely to get the transparancy from the Russian-Iranian side : ((   But it seems obvious that this is 'bilateral' activity.


And no, I don't think a nuclear Iran would be good for anyone outside of Iran.




Hello Leah, I just came across your redirect...thank you. 7 months after I started this thread,things are certainly heating up and are nearing the boiling point,I do believe.Let's not forget,that there is Biblical Prophecy concerning Syria.The Israeli's Know what's really going on...that is why they did the recent bombing.God be with them,I pray.





What God would  bless a  blood thirsty, war mongering country that may ignite WWIII, right wing Evangelical Christians are hellbent on wanting WWIII to try to usher in the return of Christ, very sick.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2013 - 10:34PM #6
rangerken
Posts: 16,408

It's going to interesting, to say the least, to see how the US is going deal with this, particularly with a new Secretary of State and Secretary of Defense. I hope things don't com to war, and I'm certainly not in favor of us getting involved, but we may be dragged in.


And as for God blessing anything to do with carnage I don't think for one second that he will approve. But that hasn't stopped people from going to war believing that their vision of the devine supports them.


I'm just not very optimistic, unfortunately.


Going back to the opening post, the CIA's involvement doesn't exactly fill me with optimism either.


Ken


Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2013 - 11:47AM #7
vickijeanplessinger
Posts: 42

Jan 30, 2013 -- 10:34PM, rangerken wrote:

It's going to interesting, to say the least, to see how the US is going deal with this, particularly with a new Secretary of State and Secretary of Defense. I hope things don't com to war, and I'm certainly not in favor of us getting involved, but we may be dragged in.


And as for God blessing anything to do with carnage I don't think for one second that he will approve. But that hasn't stopped people from going to war believing that their vision of the devine supports them.


I'm just not very optimistic, unfortunately.


Going back to the opening post, the CIA's involvement doesn't exactly fill me with optimism either.


Ken



Hi Ken,Thank you for your reply. I don't want things to come to war either(MY YOUNGEST SON  JUST TURNED 18,THEY ALREADY SENT HIM HIS SELECTIVE SERVICE CARD) but as you know,we can't always get what we want.I believe that ultimately the will of God will be fulfilled because I believe in Biblical prophecy.I thought you might find this article written by Joel C. Rosenberg of interest.We shall watch and see...God bless you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2013 - 12:04PM #8
vickijeanplessinger
Posts: 42

Jan 31, 2013 -- 11:47AM, vickijeanplessinger wrote:

Jan 30, 2013 -- 10:34PM, rangerken wrote:

It's going to interesting, to say the least, to see how the US is going deal with this, particularly with a new Secretary of State and Secretary of Defense. I hope things don't com to war, and I'm certainly not in favor of us getting involved, but we may be dragged in.


And as for God blessing anything to do with carnage I don't think for one second that he will approve. But that hasn't stopped people from going to war believing that their vision of the devine supports them.


I'm just not very optimistic, unfortunately.


Going back to the opening post, the CIA's involvement doesn't exactly fill me with optimism either.


Ken



Hi Ken,Thank you for your reply. I don't want things to come to war either(MY YOUNGEST SON  JUST TURNED 18,THEY ALREADY SENT HIM HIS SELECTIVE SERVICE CARD) but as you know,we can't always get what we want.I believe that ultimately the will of God will be fulfilled because I believe in Biblical prophecy.I thought you might find this article written by Joel C. Rosenberg of interest.We shall watch and see...God bless you.


flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/2012/...h...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2013 - 12:09PM #9
vickijeanplessinger
Posts: 42

Jan 31, 2013 -- 12:04PM, vickijeanplessinger wrote:

Jan 31, 2013 -- 11:47AM, vickijeanplessinger wrote:

Jan 30, 2013 -- 10:34PM, rangerken wrote:

It's going to interesting, to say the least, to see how the US is going deal with this, particularly with a new Secretary of State and Secretary of Defense. I hope things don't com to war, and I'm certainly not in favor of us getting involved, but we may be dragged in.


And as for God blessing anything to do with carnage I don't think for one second that he will approve. But that hasn't stopped people from going to war believing that their vision of the devine supports them.


I'm just not very optimistic, unfortunately.


Going back to the opening post, the CIA's involvement doesn't exactly fill me with optimism either.


Ken



Hi Ken,Thank you for your reply. I don't want things to come to war either(MY YOUNGEST SON  JUST TURNED 18,THEY ALREADY SENT HIM HIS SELECTIVE SERVICE CARD) but as you know,we can't always get what we want.I believe that ultimately the will of God will be fulfilled because I believe in Biblical prophecy.I thought you might find this article written by Joel C. Rosenberg of interest.We shall watch and see...God bless you.


flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/2012/...h...


Sorry,i'll try to copy and paste! Or you can just goggle search..."What are the Biblical prophecies concerning Syria and  DAmascus?"...there are a few references that come up...Joel's is one of them...thanks!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2013 - 6:33AM #10
Dostojevsky
Posts: 7,556

No fear, BBC is there to help.


"The Iranian Intelligence Ministry says it has arrested several elements cooperating with a Western media network.


In a statement released on Wednesday night, the Ministry said that in line with its duties to counter any foreign infiltration and interference in the country, it identified “one of the largest media networks affiliated to the global arrogance.”



The network, established by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) and run through the collaboration of certain Western powers, was being monitored for several months since it was multi-layered and massive and used specific communication tools and methods to transmit news and receive guidelines from foreign elements, the statement added.


It said that legal action was taken after the completion of the identification of the elements both inside and outside Iran as well as the collection of information and judicial documents."www.globalresearch.ca/spying-on-iran-ira...


 


Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook