Post Reply
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The Palestinian's Best Friend
2 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2012 - 6:20PM #1
KindredSai
Posts: 5,590

gulfnews.com/opinions/columnists/the-pal...


The Palestinians’ best friend


Norwegian foreign minister’s effots have been defeated by Israeli intransigence


-- edited for formatting by Chari --

Moderated by CharikIeia on Jun 21, 2012 - 07:15PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2012 - 6:42PM #2
rocketjsquirell
Posts: 15,944

KS


The Palestinians have only one friend - Israel. It is to the eternal shame of the Palestinians that they treat their one and only friend so poorly. 


You may wish to read the thread on Norway. Norway is no friend of the Palestinians because it is no friend of Israel.  


Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2012 - 3:28PM #3
KindredSai
Posts: 5,590

Jun 21, 2012 -- 6:42PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:


KS


The Palestinians have only one friend - Israel. It is to the eternal shame of the Palestinians that they treat their one and only friend so poorly. 


You may wish to read the thread on Norway. Norway is no friend of the Palestinians because it is no friend of Israel.  





By the record of Israel treats her friends like Palestine, I'd hate to see how Israel treats her enemies.


The fact is Israel is a peace refusenik:


It denies a legal right of return on the basis of a non-Jewish demographic (discriminatory in all forms).


If Palestinians converted to Judaism, the system of difference would not exist.


Israel builds illegal settlements and has a poor human rights record in the WB.


And don't get me started on the right wing politics of the Israeli government with YB spouting anti-African, homophobic and ant-arabist remarks.


Israel is a friend the Palestinians can do without.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2012 - 4:10PM #4
browbeaten
Posts: 3,123

Jun 22, 2012 -- 3:28PM, KindredSai wrote:


Jun 21, 2012 -- 6:42PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:


KS


The Palestinians have only one friend - Israel. It is to the eternal shame of the Palestinians that they treat their one and only friend so poorly. 


You may wish to read the thread on Norway. Norway is no friend of the Palestinians because it is no friend of Israel.  





Now, only if you got your facts straight.


By the record of Israel treats her friends like Palestine, I'd hate to see how Israel treats her enemies.


Israel has many friends and many enemies.  No different than the US. 


The fact is Israel is a peace refusenik:


Fact:  Israel is the only partner to make ANY offers or concessions.  Name just ONE from the Palestinians?


It denies a legal right of return on the basis of a non-Jewish demographic (discriminatory in all forms).


There is NO legal right of return.  There is simply an immigration policy which allows Jews to return to their homeland.  Sorry, if that bothers you.  Deal with it.


If Palestinians converted to Judaism, the system of difference would not exist.


If Palestinians converted to Judaism, they would become Jewish, but that would be besides the point, since they would probably be dead - killed by their own people.


Israel builds illegal settlements and has a poor human rights record in the WB.


There are NO illegal settlements.  Opinion to the contrary is just that, OPINION.


And don't get me started on the right wing politics of the Israeli government with YB spouting anti-African, homophobic and ant-arabist remarks.


There exists issues with illegal immigration in every nation.


Israel is a friend the Palestinians can do without.


Well, Israel certainly doesn't need the Palestinians.  So, what is your point?





Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2012 - 7:22PM #5
KindredSai
Posts: 5,590

Fact:  Israel is the only partner to make ANY offers or concessions.  Name just ONE from the Palestinians?


Laughable.


Israel has not made any real offers as well as the fact Israel should not be in the position of making demands.



There is NO legal right of return.  There is simply an immigration policy which allows Jews to return to their homeland.  Sorry, if that bothers you.  Deal with it.


So a Jewish convert can "return" to Israel while a non-Jewish refugee born in Israel in eitehr 67 or 48 can't because of an "immigration policy".


Your simply exposing the discriminatory stupidity in your argument.



If Palestinians converted to Judaism, they would become Jewish, but that would be besides the point, since they would probably be dead - killed by their own people.



If they became Jewish by the majority, they would not be killed by their own people because they would be a majority.


So you admit being Jewish entitles you to a better treatment within Israeli State law, nice to see you admit prejudice there.



There are NO illegal settlements.  Opinion to the contrary is just that, OPINION.


So Israel's sole opinion only matters...Oh yes, and pigs fly too.



There exists issues with illegal immigration in every nation.


I didn't cite about immigration, I cited about anti-arabist, anti-african and homophobic comments by YB. Unless you view Arabs, Africans and homosexuals of Israeli descent as immigrants.


There difference with most democratic nations in the world, they don't have xenophobic parties in the mainstream dictating policy as with Israel.



Well, Israel certainly doesn't need the Palestinians.  So, what is your point?


My point is to Rocket, that Israel is no friend of Palestine. I hope they will be one day but considering currently the government of Israel is full of right wing peace refuseniks, I don't see that happening soon.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2012 - 7:39PM #6
Miraj
Posts: 5,021

Jun 21, 2012 -- 6:42PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:


KS


The Palestinians have only one friend - Israel. It is to the eternal shame of the Palestinians that they treat their one and only friend so poorly. 


You may wish to read the thread on Norway. Norway is no friend of the Palestinians because it is no friend of Israel.  




With friends like Israel, they don't need enemies.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.


PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2012 - 11:04PM #7
habesor
Posts: 5,658

Kindredsai,


CC: Miraj


You did not mention any compromises made by the Palestinians in your reply.  


I haven't read this thread from the beginning but I would like to point out that the Palestinians have come much closer to statehood as a consequence of the Israeli military victory in 1967 and the subsequent occupation, than they ever hoped for after being occupied by by Egypt and annexed by Jordan between 1949 and 1967.  It was no accident that when Resolution 242 was adopted by the UN Security Council after the 1967 war, Palestine and Palestinians were not even mentioned. In truth, with friends like the Arab states, the Palestinians need the State of Israel if they are ever going to achieve any kind of national independence. 


Habesor 

Habesor
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 1:02AM #8
Miraj
Posts: 5,021

Jun 22, 2012 -- 11:04PM, habesor wrote:


Kindredsai,


CC: Miraj


You did not mention any compromises made by the Palestinians in your reply.  


I haven't read this thread from the beginning but I would like to point out that the Palestinians have come much closer to statehood as a consequence of the Israeli military victory in 1967 and the subsequent occupation, than they ever hoped for after being occupied by by Egypt and annexed by Jordan between 1949 and 1967.  It was no accident that when Resolution 242 was adopted by the UN Security Council after the 1967 war, Palestine and Palestinians were not even mentioned. In truth, with friends like the Arab states, the Palestinians need the State of Israel if they are ever going to achieve any kind of national independence. 


Habesor 




The development of a "Palestinian state" would do nothing to solve the conflict.  Israeli ego aside, Palestinians have no friends.  Israel and various Arab groups would continue to argue over how much control they would have over them and their territory.  The only real solution, well, you know what I think.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.


PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 8:19AM #9
KindredSai
Posts: 5,590

Jun 22, 2012 -- 11:04PM, habesor wrote:


Kindredsai,


CC: Miraj


You did not mention any compromises made by the Palestinians in your reply.  


I haven't read this thread from the beginning but I would like to point out that the Palestinians have come much closer to statehood as a consequence of the Israeli military victory in 1967 and the subsequent occupation, than they ever hoped for after being occupied by by Egypt and annexed by Jordan between 1949 and 1967.  It was no accident that when Resolution 242 was adopted by the UN Security Council after the 1967 war, Palestine and Palestinians were not even mentioned. In truth, with friends like the Arab states, the Palestinians need the State of Israel if they are ever going to achieve any kind of national independence. 


Habesor 




There is no evidence to suggest that Palestinians have come to any form of viable Statehood.


Israeli right wingers always wanted WB even since 1948. While Israeli historian Ephraim Karsh cites that WB and Gaza would have been perhaps divided by Arab armies. There is no real proof that the Palestinian chances of viable Statehood have been ameliorated by Israeli occupation while WB lies in the heart of what right wingers and revisionists cite as Eretz Israel.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 10:23PM #10
habesor
Posts: 5,658

Kindredsai,


I am a bit confuced by your last message. In it you argue that the Palestinians have not achieved a viable statehood. I happen to agree with that. But in other messages you claim on the basis of the Montevideo Convention and the fact that a Palestinian state is recognized by over 100 other states that the Palestinians have achieved statehood. So which is it; have they or haven't they achieved statehood?


By the way, in my opinion the Palestinians have not achieved statehood but have come closer to that goal under Israeli occupation then they have at any other time and certainly much closer to that goal than under Jordanian and Egyptian occupation. Objectively speaking, if Arab Palestinian statehood is seen as desirable by the Palestinians, something that may not be the case (see: Miraj's comments advocating a one-state solution), then Israel has been the best friend of the Palestinians.


Habesor 

Habesor
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook